UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Universal Monsters Minimates

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that diorama was familiar in the Photoshopped pics... I had that set when I was a kid!

Really great looking pictures, man!

Do you have anything planned for the Mummy?

My regular Mummy and Quasimodo sets are due to arrive Friday from TRU.com... it feels like this is going to be the longest week ever.

Edited by Mystery Man

Quasimodo will sell well.....just a hunch.

Quasimodo...why does that name ring a bell?

I found these in Indiana this weekend. Beautifully rendered, which makes it bittersweet if no wave 4 shows up. I'm just bummed I missed out on ordering the sample case of the Select style UM sets. I know they'll show up soon, but I've really grown fond of these.

I thought that diorama was familiar in the Photoshopped pics... I had that set when I was a kid!

Really great looking pictures, man!

Do you have anything planned for the Mummy?

My regular Mummy and Quasimodo sets are due to arrive Friday from TRU.com... it feels like this is going to be the longest week ever.

Yes, I have plans for the Mummy. But those will have to remain under "wraps" until I get the 4-pack.

I found these today at TRU. I didnt even kmow they were out so it was a plesant surprise. Now Im just going to cross my fingers that we get The Invisible Man. That would be a pretty cool exclusive for NYCC this year... I wont hold my breath on that though.

post-679-0-44816400-1346113182_thumb.jpg

Found these at my TRU today, i can't put the Sarcophagus down. Waited a good long time for this set (what is it, going on three years since they first were shown?) and the wait was absolutely worth it. A wonderful set of Minimates, and the Mummy is the star of the line for me. Bravo, DST, they're amazing.

Neat pic, Rheul!

I love these monsters and the movies they're from, so I'm glad that people who appreciate them are enjoying them. :highfive2:

Edit: Anybody interested in seeing some kit-bashed Minimate/Lego ghosts can go see 'em in this thread - http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=11063&view=findpost&p=241572

Edited by Mystery Man

Now Im just going to cross my fingers that we get The Invisible Man. That would be a pretty cool exclusive for NYCC this year... I wont hold my breath on that though.

I agree. Truth be told I'm annoyed HBOND was made instead of Invisible Man. I never knew there was a Universal movie of him and even then he doesn't have the same iconic appeal as the other five we've gotten so far.

Yes, I would have rather seen the Invisible Man in this wave too. But let's hope they get to do a fourth series that includes him, eh? Or at the very least a box set that would 'mop up' that and a few other likely suspects like The Phantom of the Opera, Dracula's Daughter and The Mad Doctor. Or how about an Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein box set? Let's face it - if they keep making these things they can keep taking my money forever.

Those kit-bashed lego/minimate ghosts are very good, Mystery Man - I will definitely have a pop at making one of those as it would complement both the Universal Monsters and Ghostbusters 'mates.

I've just ordered Series 3 from ebay (my only option as I'm UK based) and can't wait to get my hands on them!

Truth be told I'm annoyed HBOND was made instead of Invisible Man. He doesn't have the same iconic appeal as the other five we've gotten so far.

I agree.

And am baffled why people want the Metaluna whateverthecrap before Phantom of the Opera, too. I recognize it outright, but I barely know what it's called, and I have never known what movie it's from. Not very "classic" to me. I even would've thought Phantom & Invisible would've been more logical choices than CfBL...

458345.gif

I agree that HBOND was at the bottom of my wishlist, BUT I understand they had to pad it out a bit like all companies do. You have to save something for the next release!

So I *expect* to see a wave 4 of Phantom of the Opera and Invisible Man! (As in I demand it, not that I think it's a given)

But I'd love to see more like Son of Frankenstein, Metaluna Alien, Mask of the Red Death, etc

I still wish they'd do "Best Of" sets and just mix monsters together. No rereleases, just mix movies together, as in "Best Monsters". And give us an Ardeth Bey as well :)

I found the newest wave at TRU today. I picked up the 2 exclusives, plus a Mummy & Sarcophagus. I'm waiting on the 2 comic shop 4-packs, but that guy with Quasimodo looks really well done!

I still think this line would have done better if it had accessories packed in! The Mummy is a step in the right direction.

Truth be told I'm annoyed HBOND was made instead of Invisible Man. He doesn't have the same iconic appeal as the other five we've gotten so far.

I agree.

And am baffled why people want the Metaluna whateverthecrap before Phantom of the Opera, too. I recognize it outright, but I barely know what it's called, and I have never known what movie it's from. Not very "classic" to me. I even would've thought Phantom & Invisible would've been more logical choices than CfBL...

458345.gif

This isn't a knock against you at all... but I'm guessing you either aren't a big fan of older monster movies or you somehow just never chanced across seeing "This Island Earth". :)

I want the Phantom as well as the Metaluna Mutant. The Phantom in his "Red Death" get-up. Invisible Man (both with his nose-face and with simple bandages) and Ardeth Bey. Dracula's Daughter, Dracula's three brides (even though I made some with Bride of Frankenstein pieces), the Monster in his wooly vest, a version of Jekyll and Hyde (the classic Fredrick March 1931 version was Paramount Pictures, not Universal), a Mole Person (The Mole People) , the Werewolf of London (1935), Fritz from "Frankenstein" (1931) and so many, many more.

If DST/AA would see fit to release one more 4-pack next year or SOONER with the Phantom, the Mutant, the Invisible Man, and the Mole Person that would be the most fitting, excellent and kindest way to finish the line at it's most basic.

Those kit-bashed lego/minimate ghosts are very good, Mystery Man - I will definitely have a pop at making one of those as it would complement both the Universal Monsters and Ghostbusters 'mates.

Hey, thanks alot! I'm going to make my other three tonight at work, so I'll take a couple of pictures of what file I use and how I hold them to get it done in the "Lego" thread I started. If you try it and have any issues, lemme know and I'll be glad to help. :)

Personally, all i really need of these from what we have remaining would be Ardeth, Phantom, Metaluna, and the Invisible Man. Those are the most glaring holes, and Invisible was already prototyped before.

I don't exactly see why Hunchback was made before any of those left, but they're a really nice set of figures and i'm happy to have them. Fan of the Disney version so i suppose that helps.

Mummy is still amazing. :lol:

I agree that HBOND was at the bottom of my wishlist, BUT I understand they had to pad it out a bit like all companies do. You have to save something for the next release!

So I *expect* to see a wave 4 of Phantom of the Opera and Invisible Man! (As in I demand it, not that I think it's a given)

Oh I completely understand and my tendency to support underdogs would normally mean I'd agree with you. However I've gotten the impression this line isn't doing as well as expected and I won't be surprised if it gets dropped before Wave 4 is announced or released. So instead of rounding out the line with Mummy and Invisible Man, we get the Mummy and Quasimodo. Honestly, I feel a little annoyed the line could end before we get the Invisible Man, whom I've wanted since the early prototypes.

I'm guessing you either aren't a big fan of older monster movies or you somehow just never chanced across seeing "This Island Earth". :)

I haven't seen every movie ever made (wouldn't want to), but I consider myself enough of a cinephile to at least know of most movies...and I've never even heard of "This Island Earth"... :huh:

I'm guessing you either aren't a big fan of older monster movies or you somehow just never chanced across seeing "This Island Earth". :)

I haven't seen every movie ever made (wouldn't want to), but I consider myself enough of a cinephile to at least know of most movies...and I've never even heard of "This Island Earth"... :huh:

T.I.E. isn't part of what I consider the "classic" Universal monster movies - Creature from the Black Lagoon barely qualifies (if they didn't meet Abbot & Costello, they don't count :tongue: ) but it's a great design, so it works – but if anyone is really hankering for some Metaluna love, may I suggest the latest wave of Outer Space Men:

http://www.shopfourhorsemen.com/alphwa5alphd.html