UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Comic Cover/Panel Contest

Lurch77

It's been a few years since we've had a comic cover contest, so let's see what masterpieces everyone can come up with this time. This go around we'll not only allow covers but also recreating panels from comics.

===============================================================
Prizes:

1st Place post-28-0-58076900-1380556085_thumb.jpg

• Hot Wings Merk Minimate
  • Shadow Merk Minimate
  • DST Wristband
  • Marvel Minimates 10th Anniversary Booklet
  • FBCD 2009 Minimate
  • cards from DST booth

2nd & 3rd Placepost-28-0-96549500-1380556086_thumb.jpg

• Shadow Merk Minimate
  • Marvel Minimates 10th Anniversary Booklet
  • FBCD 2009 Minimate
  • cards from DST booth

Also we will do a random drawing from all of the entries (minus the top three) for another prize package.

Rules:
1.) For your entry the main requirement is that it must be done in minimate style.
2.) Your entry can be from any comic book ever created. It can be a cover or a series of sequential panels from inside one comic book (limited up to a 2 page spread).
3.) Please submit your entry in this thread and note on it that it's your official entry. Also include the original cover/panel or a link to the original.
4.) This must be a new creation from the start of this post. This doesn't mean that everything in it must be new. For example you can use your figures or old customs. It can be done in any format: picture, drawing, crafts, etc as long as it is a recreation of your selected cover or panels. Photoshop is ok. If you have more questions about this please ask.
5.) Only one entry per person.
6.) You can make changes to your entry up to the deadline of this contest.
7.) Remember safety first and that we are a family friendly site.
8.) MinimateMultiverse takes no responsibility or liability for any broken laws, damage or general mayhem caused in the process of creating your entry.
9.) Any entries that do not post either due to timing or technical issues are not the responsibility of MinimateMultiverse.
10.) MinimateMultiverse has the right to change the contest or rules at any time. This includes but is not limited to the completion date and prizes.

Dates:
Entries will be accepted between now and Sunday November 3nd at 11:59 PM CST.
Voting begins immediately after end of entry date until November 8th at 11:59 PM CST.
Winners will be posted shortly afterwards.

Voting:
The PM Ballot system will be used for the voting.

Each submitted ballot must list in order, the top three most creative entries.

1.) Most Creative Entry
2.) Second Best Entry
3.) Third Best Entry

Anyone can vote, even the participants.
If you are a participant, you cannot vote for your own entry.
The 10 point minus system will be used to calculate the results.
Points awarded will be as follows: 1st will get 10pts, 2nd will get 9pts, 3rd will get 8pts.
Tie-breakers will be decided by my kids.
During the voting period, please send all ballots by PM to me.

If you have any questions, please post them in this thread.

A big thanks goes out to Zach & DST for the prizes and a special thanks to Allen for being MMMV's representative at this year's SDCC!

Good luck and have fun!

I can't wait for this one! I am torn between who to do from the DC Universe if I do compete. Do we post our entries on here?

I can't wait for this one! I am torn between who to do from the DC Universe if I do compete. Do we post our entries on here?

Correct. Please submit your entry in this thread and note on it that it's your official entry. Also include the original cover/panel or a link to the original.

^correct. It's in case people want to recreate one of those large interior splash pages. Also if want to recreate a series of panels showing a sequence of actions but limit that to 2 page spread. And no picking and choosing from different panels throughout a comic or another comic book. Sequential panels from one comic book.

I actually did this drawing for a completely different project, but I managed to finish it in time to post here, so I thought I'd add it to the collection, even though I'm not officially entering the contest:

02_Cover.jpg

based on Starman #30:

Starman_Vol_2_30.jpg

Again, I'm not entering the contest. I just love drawing Minimates :)