UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

"Create your own Battle Beasts" Contest

Lurch77

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn dude, that's awesome! Love the color scheme and great work on the weapons!

Agree with Fujis! Well done on the details Prowlar. :thumbsup:

Thank you Fujis and MINI MYTE. I've been using that color scheme since I started writing science fiction way back in 1990 after my very first custom figure. I added white stripes to a He-Man Panthor figure after all the purple flocking came off. Since then I've had a custom that used a black and white scheme in just about every line I collected from a Storm Trooper dipped in black paint and then scratching away white markings to an 8" G.I. Joe Sigma 6 figure. Of course each time I tell myself I'm never going to do another one but eventually I find myself thinking "Cripes, why did I ever choose stripes." I thought I was safe with minimates since I'd never attempted something so small and complex and because I never imagined I'd attempt sculpting and there was just no way I was going to use the existing inadequate cat tail from Feral. Still I'm really happy with the way my first attempts came out.

As for his weapons the only thing I really had to work on was his Rushing Blade and after making one in the 8" scale it was easy to pull off. I do have to admit that even though I've considered a 1:1 scale version I'm just not yet ready/brave enough to crank up a cutting torch.

..crap....I no longer feel worthy enough to compete...

Thanks for the vote of confidence but you shouldn't let any entry stop you from competing.

Very well done! I love how he works both ways, in armor and without it. And the armor and weapons look fantastic on Tegra!

Thank you. The only reason he works with and without armor is because he just didn't look right being solid black with all the open areas in the armor. As for the armor at least with the Battle Beast line coming out there is finally a practical use for customs with those giant shoulder pads. :lol:

hrm.. must enter.. must do something awesome.. must not dress up as a furry...

I don't see anywhere in the rules that wearing a fursuit wouldn't be an acceptable entry. Of course adding armor to make it a Battle Beast suit might get expensive or uncomfortable. :bunny:

hrm.. must enter.. must do something awesome.. must not dress up as a furry...

I don't see anywhere in the rules that wearing a fursuit wouldn't be an acceptable entry. Of course adding armor to make it a Battle Beast suit might get expensive or uncomfortable. :bunny:

... and totally awesome!