karamazov80

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The latest pic of Bowen's new Thanos statue, from Marvel's Facebook page:

kbRVx.jpg

Supposedly it is gigantic, which explains the $400 price tag. I am really torn on this one. I haven't bought a statue in a few years now, but then again I haven't felt this strongly about a statue in years. I don't know where I would even put the damn thing, and it costs a small fortune... But it looks absolutely stunning and it is the perfect representation of my favorite villain as a child. I am really hoping this gets a general release instead of being exclusive to the Bowen collector's club, because if it is offered in Previews, I can at least get my retailer's discount on it. Then I would cave in for certain. :lol:

How big an Akuma fan are you?

You *could* sell it and put the money towards Thanos?

PS: I suggest the Spinning Bird Kick against Akuma . . . preferably in your new red number! :lol:

Sideshow is going to be showing off "Legendary Figure" statues at SDCC, which are essentially PFs in a newer, larger scale (unknown if they will actually be 1/2 scale or not). Prototypes of Wolverine, Darth Maul, Obi Wan Kenobi (Guinness), and Wolf Predator have been shown off, and they all look pretty great. I doubt very seriously I could afford these, and I surely don't think I would have the space, but still a pretty cool new announcement. Kind of a bummer all the SDCC news is getting spoiled before SDCC, though :(

• 2 months later...

I have no emotional connection to this character, nor a desire to collect the line or its ilk, but I find myself really wanting this. And no, it's not just the boobs. It's a beautiful piece.

901535_press01-001.jpg

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=901535#!prettyPhoto/0/

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I got Black Cat and didn't look back. But my issue is that 1) Statues shouldn't wear clothes. I see it as a lazy way out for the sculptor. (you can argue that it isn't, but I said that I see it that way) and 2) They're too big. 12" is my preferred statue scale. 1/4th scale just blows my mind, drains my wallet and takes up room that I don't have.

That's not to say they're bad by any means. I have Felica, I'll probably end up with baroness. They're just not my favorite.

The PFs are really just a design choice by Sideshow. I'm pretty sure that their sculptors would do fully sculpted 1/4 scale statues if that is what their orders were. In fact, some Comiquettes are 1/4 scale. And I wouldn't undersell the importance or difficulty of the tailoring component either. But, that's just my take on it.

I should have had a new statue to show off yesterday, but damn dirty UPS decided to attempt delivery during the day :verymad:

UPS usually leaves my stuff of at my neighbors. She works from home so she just signs off for it (when it requires signature). Otherwise they just leave it on my front porch. That's how I found my classics predator.

I should have had a new statue to show off yesterday, but damn dirty UPS decided to attempt delivery during the day :verymad:

UPS usually leaves my stuff of at my neighbors. She works from home so she just signs off for it (when it requires signature). Otherwise they just leave it on my front porch. That's how I found my classics predator.

Yeah, I just laid into the UPS phone rep that I got last week because they have been having my neighbors sign for items and leaving it with them, but if you track the item at UPS' website, it "officially" says it was signed for and left at my address. The neighbor that it was left with works a night shift and I wasn't able to get it for over 24 hours. I told her that they have no idea what my relationships are like with my neighbors (luckily they are good, well more neutral than anything) so leaving an item with someone that I don't authorize is, to me, the same as leaving it unattended on my doorstep, which I prefer. She apologized, and I told her in the future, if someone at my residence isn't home to sign, I want my 3 delivery attempts that I am entitled to instead of having a stranger sign for it.

She told me to go to UPS' website and sign up for 'My Choice' which lets me choose when and where my items are delivered, and allows me to authorize that items be left if nobody is home. That sounds awesome, finally UPS is getting with the times, and I hung up and went to the website.

She negelected to tell me that UPS My Choice is a paid subscription with a 'premium' membership that costs $40 a year, but their site claims to allow you to authorize UPS to leave the package without a signature, even if you don't pay for the premium membership. I haven't been able to figure out how to do that though, but I think it might be on a package by package basis. :wacko:

Link to UPS My Choice.

EDIT: I just got off the phone with UPS and they confirmed that with a free membership you can authorize packages be left without a signature, but it is only on a per package basis. If you pay for the premium membership, you can have all packages authorized at once.

Edited by youbastards

Yeah, I just laid into the UPS phone rep that I got last week because they have been having my neighbors sign for items and leaving it with them, but if you track the item at UPS' website, it "officially" says it was signed for and left at my address. The neighbor that it was left with works a night shift and I wasn't able to get it for over 24 hours. I told her that they have no idea what my relationships are like with my neighbors (luckily they are good, well more neutral than anything) so leaving an item with someone that I don't authorize is, to me, the same as leaving it unattended on my doorstep, which I prefer. She apologized, and I told her in the future, if someone at my residence isn't home to sign, I want my 3 delivery attempts that I am entitled to instead of having a stranger sign for it.

She told me to go to UPS' website and sign up for 'My Choice' which lets me choose when and where my items are delivered, and allows me to authorize that items be left if nobody is home. That sounds awesome, finally UPS is getting with the times, and I hung up and went to the website.

She negelected to tell me that UPS My Choice is a paid subscription with a 'premium' membership that costs $40 a year, but their site claims to allow you to authorize UPS to leave the package without a signature, even if you don't pay for the premium membership. I haven't been able to figure out how to do that though, but I think it might be on a package by package basis. :wacko:

Link to UPS My Choice.

EDIT: I just got off the phone with UPS and they confirmed that with a free membership you can authorize packages be left without a signature, but it is only on a per package basis. If you pay for the premium membership, you can have all packages authorized at once.

yeah I totally agree UPS is lazy. they leave stuff at my house sometimes even when it's supposed to be signed (if my neighbors aren't home). Some of our shipments have been wine and my neighbors have signed for that. Luckily they didn't drink it.

FedEx home delivery is just as bad. At lease with them you can put on one of their notices to just leave any packages if no one is there to sign. and it rolls forward to all future deliveries.

Another UPS update, when I called them the second time, the rep told me that the package that was signed for by my neighbor had a signature required. I asked the UPS rep to confirm, because I have a waiver at Sideshow stating they can leave packages without my signature. She said it was marked signature required.

I called Sideshow up, and spoke with Jennifer (Sideshow's support is awesome, and I have spoken with her many times), and I explained to her that UPS delivered my package to a different address and had someone else sign for it. She was alarmed at this, and agreed that was wrong for them to do. She confirmed that the package they sent me DID NOT require a signature at all, and the waiver I have in place applied to that order. She asked me to hold for a few minutes and then came back after talking to a manager and said that this is a problem that they, unfortunately, can't do anything about. Apparently UPS has the right to determine that a package, regardless of how it was shipped, can require a signature if the delivery driver feels it needs one. I told her that if you contact UPS, they have documentation that the package was delivered and signed for by someone at a different address than it was shipped to. Jennifer told me the only thing they can do is file a claim with UPS, as it wasn't delivered to the correct address. I told her that I didn't need her to do that, as the item arrived with no problems, but if it happens again I will contact them to have them file a claim.

Bottom line, UPS drivers can determine when and where they leave a package, even if it does/doesn't require a signature, at their own discretion. <_<

Wonderful. I, too, have had neighbors sign for my packages without my permission, and frankly, I prefer them to just leave the notice. But the most ideal situation is for them to deliver it after 5 PM. They've done that with 9/10 Sideshow items I've ordered, but every once in awhile. . .

Yeah, delivering to the wrong address seems like a huge liability to me, maybe the dollar amount of the claims filed each year is less than the amount of gasoline for each return visit to try and get a signature??? This seems like a 'cost cutting' move of some type that some UPS executive somewhere decided without factoring in customer satisfaction. It's a pretty recent change from what I can remember, within the last year or 2. :rolleyes: