UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Moderator/Control

I believe that he locked my recent post for selling my custom deathstroke because he "Did not care".

How does making that judgement made on everyone's behalf benefit the community or promote a friendly open discussion thread? There may be others who would like to respond. Your opinion should not be the consensus. I have always responded with due respect to Ady, but have consistantly felt attacked by his insulting/condecending comments. And allowing others on the board to attack me.

Can other staff help or help me understand the rules here? I feel almost like Ady here is asking me to leave this community based on these actions.

I thought that Ady's staff role with this board was to make sure that rules were not broken, or that the members here were not attacked. Please advise.

Ady's opinion trumps all others in this forum, as he makes the rules. The other staff members (like myself) are here to enforce the rules, keep the peace, and weed out SPAM. I'd try to PM him directly instead of creating a new thread and crying foul.

To be blunt, thats how it is. Don't like it? Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Keeping Peace is being used loosely, I see.

What do you mean? I'm not gonna let you cry like a baby and SPAM the boards because you don't like what you were given.

So to be perfectly clear, Ady created and runs this board in entirety?

You got it!

ok I'm just a regualr Joe who's been here a long time...

I see what Ady did as making sense, a new thread was opened to continue a topic that already existed, which you admit to not being bothered to find...

Getting angry at Staff because you are unhappy and need to rant will only lead to you getting told off, suspended or banned.

Everyone knows the staff here are for the most part very even handed and relaxed 99% of the time, they do however have absolute power, if they didn't then this place would be a spam filled mess like so many online boards..

T.

Check the bottom of every page. "Licensed to: AdyCarter" Ady created this forum and pays for it out of his own pocket. The buck stops with him. That being said, this is the best place online thanks to him, the staff, and most of the members. Don't blow this out of proportion HAS - you already had a thread going on this topic and have now created two unnecessary threads.

Keeping Peace is being used loosely, I see.

Ok. Here's the deal. Ady owns everything you see here. Period. He wants to shutter the whole damn board, he can. Simple as that.

That said, I think the problem you're having HAR goes back to our perception of you as a person & minimate fan. (At least mine anyway - I shouldn't presume to speak for all those here. Anyway...) Y'know what sticks in my mind when I think of you? That fiasco where you talked about going to China and buying bags of 'mates for $1 each. (Suprisingly, TBT and I started agreeing about things in that thread, sort of like TBT and Fujis here....hmm...) That discussion spiraled out of control to a point where you stated you were going to look for Martian Manhunter bootlegs and sell them to members here at $20 each.

As for the chinese bootlegs, I am going to China Oct. 20th. Last time all we saw were street fighter ones, but I will do some checking on the black market, and post pics. If I can get a bag of Martian Manhunters, please understand I will still be charging $20.00 each as they are identical to the original. They don't have wierd paint apps or wierd dates on their legs. This leads me to believe they are made from stolen or rplica master molds.

At that point, it became clear to me (and others here, based on the responses following your post) that you were in this community to make a buck. Fine - if that's what you're about, great. I'll know better than to expect any kind of fair deal with you. Forewarned is forearmed and all that jazz.

That's the perception that stuck in my head every time you made some silly post about a custom you had on ebay - whether it was yours or someone else's. Yes, I probably watched, but it was like driving by an accident on the highway. I gotta slow down and look - doesn't mean I want to be involved.

Perception in this community is a tough thing to overcome. Trust me - I know. However, it can be done. Just stop being a dick. It worked for me.

I second Reideen's perception about you and I'm sure many others think the same. It became clear early on what you were about. You've posted quite your share of complaining rant threads. You have given the impression that you are better than everyone and that you are owed something.

Besides Ady being in his right, it made all the sense in the world. There's a reason why this is a great place and better than any other board.

As much as I hate to sound negative, I'm going to hop in and third that whole "In it to make a buck" thing. The name helps. Anyway, I like Reideen's advice. Just don't be a dick! Worked for me, worked for him, it'll work for you too! Seriously though man, just relax a little.

I love minimates and minimate memorbilia. I have a personal collection spanning hundreds and am going crazy over the DCD minimates. I'm not just in it for the money. Making money from minimates/collectables to buy more minimates/collectables is not wrong.

I've tried to offer good faqs, F.Y.I.s, and opinions on this board. I would think that I have been more productive than just a "ranter". Wasn't trying to add more spam, just honestly couldn't find the first thread I opened on this. I think for my span of time with this community (I'm a member of the old site), I don't post too many responses in ratio.

I should not have to defend my devotion to minimates and comparisons can't be proven. On a seperate note. I'll stop being a Penis.

What I find odd is that you say you're selling the Deathstroke custom because you need the money. If memory serves me correctly didn't you use to flaunt that you are wealthy and could afford the high prices that you were paying for mini-mytes customs? Karma may have finally caught up to you. On the other hand maybe you are just trying to unload the Deathstroke custom now because it isn't worth as much to people anymore now that an official one is out. Is that it?

On a seperate note. I'll stop being a Penis.

I don't know about anyone else but If that's true and you realise why people are pissed and are willing to live with it then I can live with forgive and (with time eventually) forget, Life's too short for all the crap people hang on to so that works for me!

As for me, Reideen & history... wow there's a lesson right there. Turns out old Reideen & I used to bump heads a LOT but after taking time to talk it out, he's a good guy with a strong opinions ( Me too, it wasn't one sided :) ) and we agreed to disagree, let things go and enjoy what we had in common... it's funny how if you actually find time to talk & more importantly listen to those who seem to be diametrically opposed to you middle ground is easier to find than you think. :)

*group hug*... just kidding with the hug you bunch of pansies :)

T.

Cheers guys, its great to know that you all know where I'm coming from :D

Are you sure that's such a good way to end that post after all the talk about not being a dick?

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Sorry, couldn't help it. Watch me get banned.

Jo

What I find odd is that you say you're selling the Deathstroke custom because you need the money. If memory serves me correctly didn't you use to flaunt that you are wealthy and could afford the high prices that you were paying for mini-mytes customs? Karma may have finally caught up to you. On the other hand maybe you are just trying to unload the Deathstroke custom now because it isn't worth as much to people anymore now that an official one is out. Is that it?

I have never flaunted my wealth, and I never said I had alot of money. I actually posted once that I was a banker/artist and made only about 35,000 annually.

I sold the Deathstroke cause I'm saving for a downpayment for a home. I've been selling tons of my stuff on ebay for really cheap prices. I'm at a point where I'm willing to lose some just to have cash in hand. You may have never experienced this, but it's not about karma. It's about saving and making a life investment.

Dude, let it go. The more you justify your actions, the more you alienate yourself in the community. I thought you were trying to not be a dick, not justify why you are a dick? Seriously though, there are plenty in the community who have turned public perception around 180 degree's. So the first step, like any, starts with you admitting you have a problem. It's clear that the community has some trust issues at the moment. Hopefully that will pass, if not, there are plenty of communities out there that feel this type of behavior is acceptable. Here though, is Ady's way or the highway. Which road you take is entirely up to you.