UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

LEGO Thread

cale

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

I've never been interested in LEGO's UCS line since I only collect the Minifig sets, but this one is designed to be in scale with Minifigs! My all-time favorite Star Wars ship, finally done to proper scale! Over 5000 pieces!! $500 price point!! Thank God for Income Tax refund checks!!! :)

UCS Millennium Falcon

It's not quite as long as the UCS ISD (just over 3 feet long), but it's considered the biggest LEGO model because of the number of parts used. Until this, the UCS Death Star was the largest with 3449 pieces.

I've already got mine preordered. It's due to ship the first week of October. It'll probably take me a week or so to build the damn thing, but I'll be certain to post some pics when I'm finished. :)

$500? At least they include free shipping. ;)

Really looking forward to your pics MV. I'd like to request a pre-build shot - all the bags and bags of bricks on the floor/table would be crazy to see! :D

Oh, I imagine we'll make a huge production of it. I'll be so excited I'll need to share the experience. :)

Damn! Thats awesome! I saw we all head over to MV's house in October! :D

I'll bring the chips.....

When I saw this I was 50% thinking I NEED one of these... $500 though.... Hmmmm I'm still tempted...

and to echo everyone else.... Pix please MV when it shows up..

T.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, I just stumbled onto this set, and man do I want it! I have been wanting to try and build something like this for quite some time, but never wanted to search for all the right pieces I would need. Now I don't have to, and I cannot wait to get my hands on this beautiful set. Priced at $140, I don't think it is that bad considering you get over 2000 pieces.

what do you guys think? I hope I am not the only one blown away with this set, and I've read if this does well, others are planned, which will easily link to the corners of this one.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=238512

For 2000 bricks, $149 is a pretty good price and it looks like a great set.

I wonder how easy it would be to upscale it to minimates?

T.

It'd be tough. I've got lots of LEGO here - two bins full - and they're great, but they're all LEGO fig scale. Windows look odd, doors are just plain funny and chairs don't have a chance of fitting. Everything needs to be reworked to fit 'mates.

That's pretty sweet! and not that bad considering how pricey the licensed lego stuff can be.

I wonder how easy it would be to upscale it to minimates?

T.

I think easier than trying to rework a vehicle, all I would do is try add a few extra layers of bricks here and there where it wouldn't interfere too much with windows and doors. But, it might not even need any work, As a backdrop for a display I would hope it wouldn't look too out of scale. I'll be sure to keep you guys posted.

I am just amazed at this set. There are a lot of homemade cities/buildings/castles etc out there which are super detailed, but to be able to buy it this way, is an awesome step. Usually the buildings have been so-so, and I am being nice by saying that.

Nice one! :thumbsup: That, honest-to-God, has to be one of the coolest sets LEGO has made in a long time. I went to the LEGO site and it's labelled as 'exclusive'. It would have been nice if this had been a LEGO line, the sort of line that bulids a cityesqe thing if you buy and connect them all. Sort of like some McDonald's toys. :tongue:

Glomit

LEGO has really been on a tear as of late. This is a great set, and is very reasonably priced for the piece count. I'm definitely getting one, but I haven't decided if I'm going to order it sometime in the next week or sometime in the next couple months. Gotta figure out the toy budget first. ;)

Very Nice, I like it and may be considering it. I do hope they have at least quite a few more, hopefully they can manage a whole city block. :)

I think its what they may have planned, if this one does really well. I read on another site they have models for a few more already. I too have to do some serious toy budgeting as well...but I did hint to the wife that my birthday is next week, right after I showed her the set, lol