UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Bob's Customs - Assassin's Creed II Ezio, p.29

Great job on Lukas Rand! Like Hellpop said, the Power Man & Iron Fist influences are nicely done without robbing the figure of his own identity.

And any customizer who can do anything with Octopus parts deserves a medal.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

I intended to display my latest custom, but somehow my browser crashed and now I'm not willing to do it again. You have to wait until next week, when I come back from my little vacation. So stay tuned.

Some hints?

It's a comic character. He's pretty famous. He's neither Marvel nor DC. He's the protagonist of the still ongoing series. He got some badass equipment (which is the reason I wanted to customize him). He got me some headache customizing him (mostly because of his badass equipment). I guess none customized him before, but at least one character from the series has been done before. He's not really a hero. Healing factor is just one of his abilities. He loves him some big weapons, although he might win a barfight against Wolverine without them. Hell, could be anyone, right?

Good guess, Mini-Myte so prepare to have a new favorite person ever, Punisher. Spawn it is. :yes:

Before I post pics later on I'd like to quote Shamrock:

I'm not gonna lie, I'm making this post so that my next update gets put onto the next page, purely for the sake of convenience of comments (...).

After a rather long time-out here is another charatcer I wanted to customize for quite a while now:

Spawn

Actually, I'm not the biggest fan of the series. I started reading the comics as soon as they came out in Germany in the mid 1990s and I followed the stories about Al Simmons for about 60 issues. Then I stopped, because I felt the reason I liked to read this series somehow vanished. Still, I think the origin story is cool and Spawn looks badass! That cape and the chains? Hell yeah! I haven't read any issue since then but google showed me, that he still looks quite the same. Some minor changes, but nothing big. In my eyes.

I wanted to customize him as soon as the Mephisto cape came out, but it took some time until I really started to work on him. I finally bought a Mephisto 'mate last year and after that I was willing to customize him but finding chains in the right size gave me an headache, so I quit on him. For a while. In one of these asians shops we have here in Germany, these places where you can buy cheap costume jewelry noone would ever wear, I found a horrible necklace with fake plastic tribal art which I just had to buy, because for just 1 Euro I got ten minimate sized chains! What a deal! The rest was easy, although I'm not really satisfied with the sculpted skulls on his cape and crotch. They're too big and got not enough details, but I really wanted them to work with the chains and that was my best shot. What I really like is the way you can play with these chains: for those how don't know, those things have some kind of a life of their own. So Spawn's chains needed to be able to display in different ways. To do this, I used a very thin wire and pulled it through the chain links. Works great!

The recipe: For Spawn's body I used generic black parts and Black Panther's chest piece to have some details on it. Spawn's head is a decal while his chest logo is painted on. His cape is a Mephisto cape with additional sculting. His right arm's armor is based on a Nova arm thingy with heavy sculpting. His right arm's armor is a repainted rolled-up-sleeve part anda modified wave 5 Juggernaut's hand piece with extra sculpting. His right boot is completely sculpted. The spikes and armor on his left leg are based on a modified X-Force Wolvie boot piece. The skulls on the cape and his crotch are sculpted and the chains added somehow. By clicking on the images below you get to my flickr page where even more pictures are displayed.

Spawn-Minimate-06.jpg Spawn-Minimate-07.jpg

Spawn-Minimate-02.jpg Spawn-Minimate-04.jpg

"As far as I know, I'm already dead. Which means, I'll be waiting for your ass in the afterlife. " (Spawn)

Nice one, great job on spawn. I was waiting for that pack for the same exact reason, and not even close to being done, but maybe this will inspire me... of course i need ispiration for about seven other customs i have started, lol. spawn was the first or second custom mate i remember doing. it was him or angel, i forget.

anyway, enough about me, this is great, and i'd love to see the back of the cape too ! :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the Spawn love! :biggrin:

When I browsed through Spawn's main cast I, too, was surprised we haven't seen more customs. But there is this epic Reddemer custom by Fujis I always loved!

and the chains added somehow.
OH! So that's how you did it! :D

Yeah, I know. I just don't know how to say it. I just scuplted the skulls and put the chains inside. I don't even know how to explain it in German. :tongue:

Nice one, great job on spawn. I was waiting for that pack for the same exact reason, and not even close to being done, but maybe this will inspire me... of course i need ispiration for about seven other customs i have started, lol. spawn was the first or second custom mate i remember doing. it was him or angel, i forget.anyway, enough about me, this is great, and i'd love to see the back of the cape too ! :thumbsup:

I'm really looking forward to see your take on him. As for the pic of the back of the cape, here yor go.

5977045599_23107fe6ec.jpg

That looks much better then any Spawn Minimate deserves to look. Good work!

BTW, did you know that there were Spawn Kubricks? I dunno how hard they are to find, and they are of course a little big, but they might have some usable parts. I believe my LCBS has Redeemer and Overtkill (stupidest name ever!) and I'd be happy to pick 'em up for you if you thought they'd be of any use.

EDIT: BTW, Bob, it's been almost two months without a BAMF! update! What's up with that? :confused:

Edited by hellpop

That looks much better then any Spawn Minimate deserves to look. Good work!

BTW, did you know that there were Spawn Kubricks? I dunno how hard they are to find, and they are of course a little big, but they might have some usable parts. I believe my LCBS has Redeemer and Overtkill (stupidest name ever!) and I'd be happy to pick 'em up for you if you thought they'd be of any use.

EDIT: BTW, Bob, it's been almost two months without a BAMF! update! What's up with that? :confused:

Thanks for the offer regarding the Kubricks, but I'm not that much interested in them. I'm not planning to do any other Spawn characters (although I thought about Clown for a little while). It was just Spawn himself I wanted to do. But again, thanks for the offer.

And BAMF. Yeah, I know. I was pretty lazy. I wanted to take a break during the whole Tournament of Fighters thing and then just forgot about it. I'll be starting to bamf again VERY soon. :yes:

After being snubbed by hellpop lately, I did browse through some DC comics at my LCS and came across the whole Batman Inc. story. So, here he is, the Batman of France:

Nightrunner

Having his first appearance earlier this year (DC Annual 12), Bilal Asselah is part of the Batman Incorporated as the French representative. I really like that he's a French-Algerian Muslim living and facing the social problems in his neighborhood, a poor commune east of Paris. He's a parkour athlete and met Batman - well, actually two Batmen - when he was doing Batman stuff in France. His costume is pretty simple, sort of a urban ninja style, but he has some cool details. When I realized he's more than a vanilla mate with a mask, I really wanted to do a custom of him and found all the parts I needed. In case you're not familiar with him, that's how he basicly looks.

Also kudos to my late 80s Streets-Of-Rage/Double-Dragon biker gang guys who show up whenever a hero needs his 15 minutes of fame in hand to hand combat. All in all great and reliable guys, who turn out to liking to hang out with Luke Cage.

The recipe: I used T800's chest and arms, because it comes with the grey tone I needed and Arnie's arms have this darker color I needed for Bilal. His Bat icon is a decal. I added recolored GB elbow pads and those arm rings that came with movie Whiplash. His belt comes from Ultimate Cap. His mask is a recolored Deathstroke mask. I didn't used decals for this, since I wanted to try out what Shamrock usually does and paint it by hand. I like it. His boots come from Jonathan Barnet and I did cut off the silver shin parts. His knee pads - I really, really like how they turned out! - are modified upper leg pads from the Law Enforcement mates, the straps cut off, and glued to the shins. Guess that's it.

More pics on my flickr page.

Nightrunner-Minimate-01.jpg Nightrunner-Minimate-02.jpg

Nightrunner-Minimate-04.jpg Nightrunner-Minimate-03.jpg

"I'm Nightrunner. I run. I don't run away!" (Nightrunner)