UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

LEGO Mini Display Sets - Custom

neolego

I'm sure everyone has seen the new Mini Star Wars line that comes with the plastic planets. I have thought the idea was dumb because the planet is pretty much something that I find tacky and wasteful. However, I picked up two sets (Naboo Fighter and Republic Assault) a week ago and I fell in love with the sets. Right now both of my sets are on my desk at work and I'm planning to pick up the full 1-3 series of these. And I HOPE that LEGO continues to make them. They may be my new favorite adult LEGOs.

Anyway, It got me thinking how cool it was to showcase things that I love, in a minimalist way. I'm not going to put my $300 UCS Star Destroyer on my desk at work, but I can't wait to get my Mini Star Destroyer set for display. But right now LEGO is only making these in Star Wars flavor. At first that got me kinda bummed.......but then I saw it as a challenge. And I ACCEPT!

So, starting with my new Hobbit set, I'm going to use the Mini Star Wars Planet series as a template for my new LEGO obsession. I present, Hobbit Series 1 - Bilbo Baggins:

hobbitj.jpg
Long term goal is to workout a way to make little plaques like the Star Wars sets, but I think it turned out pretty sharp and have some cool ideas for the future!

I have gotten both Star Wars Advent Calendars and the minimalist ships in those sets are just great!

LEGO-Star-Wars-Advent-Calendar-daily-bui

LEGO-Star-Wars-Advent-Calendar-9509.jpg

I'm really hoping they continue to make these as long as they can. Some really cool minifigures and awesome ship models.

Nice idea, I like it. But it's really very minimalistic. Hope to see more.

I only bought one planet set so far, the one with Lobot, because I wanted a flesh Lobot and the Bespin could be a nice dome for a Tatooine house.

Nice idea, I like it. But it's really very minimalistic. Hope to see more.

I think Minimalistic is the idea I'm shooting for. It's simple with Star Wars because they are min vehicles. With Bilbo I wanted to showcase the ring in a very minimal way. A way that feels like LotR/Hobbit but also is simple in design.

I am working on a few new ones, trying to gather parts right now. Current in the design phase I have a TMNT Turtle Van with Leo, TMNT Turtle Blimp with Don, and Stark Tower with Iron Man. I will post pictures as I finish them.

There is a mini Quinjet set out there as well which I'm sure will fit what you're doing. Maybe set it up with Hawkeye or Widow.

WHAT?!?! How did I miss this?????

To Amazon I go!