UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battle Beasts Minimates

I'm hoping after this weekend the price will lower on the Red, but if people keep on buying at REDONKULOUS prices I'm afraid they are going to stay up. Does anyone remember if the Gator Battle Beast went for this high in price when it was 1st released ? I don't remember. Cause this is crazy. But I can understand somewhat that some people would have spent more money just attending and don't mind paying high prices. :pinch:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping after this weekend the price will lower on the Red, but if people keep on buying at REDONKULOUS prices I'm afraid they are going to stay up. Does anyone remember if the Gator Battle Beast went for this high in price when it was 1st released ? I don't remember. Cause this is crazy. But I can understand somewhat that some people would have spent more money just attending and don't mind paying high prices. :pinch:

Prices dropping after the weekend?? Awhhhh, you ARE new!! :biggrin:

The Gold Alligator came out two years ago, and STILL goes for $40 +. Best bet is to go to a con (they always have extras in the bag, that's how i got my Red Dress Six.) and bring cookies, then talk to Chuck and give him said cookies. Price won't be going down much.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Prices dropping after the weekend?? Awhhhh, you ARE new!! :biggrin:

The Gold Alligator came out two years ago, and STILL goes for $40 +. Best bet is to go to a con (they always have extras in the bag, that's how i got my Red Dress Six.) and bring cookies, then talk to Chuck and give him said cookies. Price won't be going down much.

Golds might be going for that right now, but it hasn't been consistent. A few months after it was released it was going for around $20-25, and one of the Silvers just sold for $30 this January. Cheaper ones do pop up.

Here's a quick picture showing the holes in the hooves are capable of fitting onto a Lego brick. If anything, the holes might be slightly too big as the Beast just sort of rests on the Lego brick. It still works, IMO.

IMAG0203-1.jpg

To a mod, any chance someone can change the subtitle on this thread to remove the "little rubbing guys" line? With the effort Zach was exerting to make sure people knew these aren't associated with the old line, we should probably do the same.

To a mod, any chance someone can change the subtitle on this thread to remove the "little rubbing guys" line? With the effort Zach was exerting to make sure people knew these aren't associated with the old line, we should probably do the same.

Actually, I believe that whoever started the thread can change the subtitle. In this case, some newbie called "buttheadsmate"?

Edited by Cappy

I've never been sure whether it's OK to link other forums' stuff but here is an excellent review of the Rams on Littlerubberguys......

http://www.littlerubberguys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=74927&st=110

I feel that the Lilrubberguys are beginning to warm to the Minimate concept :thumbsup:

There will be plenty of guys at LRG that will always hate Mate Beasts. I can't blame them, necessarily. They've been collecting the same style figure for 25 years and it's all they know of the line. It's not a Marvel entity, for instance, where we've see a thousand toy variations on Wolverine. With the old Battle Beasts Line, there are no variances. There is an absolute beginning and end to the line. So I'm not surprised when people don't like them.

Personally, I can't wait to see what DST does with them. I've been collecting Minimates for year's, and it's been wonderful to see them evolve. They're not just pure blocks anymore, but I think that's the perception most have.

I'm thinking about opening this....is this a wise decision?

It's worth opening, I think. Unless you need money real bad. Very nice of your local retailer to offer his to you. Hope he didn't charge you a mint.

Need money I do, but this was a gift (no charge btw). I will not be selling it, but I do like my figures to be in their Sunday best. However, since advice came from Zach "The Mack"(???) himself, I will be playing with this immediately.

Also, did these cost anything? Or were they hand outs? Going to feel bad if he actually bought me something there.

Edited by ImABarRoomHero

It's worth opening, I think. Unless you need money real bad. Very nice of your local retailer to offer his to you. Hope he didn't charge you a mint.

Need money I do, but this was a gift (no charge btw). I will not be selling it, but I do like my figures to be in their Sunday best. However, since advice came from Zach "The Mack"(???) himself, I will be playing with this immediately.

Also, did these cost anything? Or were they hand outs? Going to feel bad if he actually bought me something there.

Your retailer definitely likes you. But yes, he got it for free. Everyone who attended the Diamond Comics Retailer Summit, which overlapped with C2E2, received a coupon book, and we manufactured a more plain version of the giveaway especially for those retailers, so they could see what we were working on.

Your retailer definitely likes you. But yes, he got it for free. Everyone who attended the Diamond Comics Retailer Summit, which overlapped with C2E2, received a coupon book, and we manufactured a more plain version of the giveaway especially for those retailers, so they could see what we were working on.

Oh wow, thanks for the info man. Well, I did just repair the contacts on the electronics for a Mighty Morphin Power Ranger Dragon Zord so he could sell it for $60 more than if it were broken, which is just about what it's going for on ebay...That's right, I'm a toy technician...... :biggrin: :confused:<_< .....I need a real job.

Not the Minimates, but I just saw these on BBTS, which seem to be more strongly inspired by the original toys:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11446&mode=retail

Apparently they're pieces you can use in some role playing game. Kind of weird, and cool.