UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

youbastards' 1/6th collection - HULK SMASH!

youbastards

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys! Iron Fist still needs some work, and I am dyeing some items as I type this, so it will be a little while before he is 100%.

I repainted Thor's mail shirt with some Mithril Silver paint, I think it helps make him a little more screen accurate. I also gave him muscle thighs to help pad out the thin legs a little more.

Thor1.jpg

Thor's helmet mod makes a huge difference! Did you have trouble getting the wings glued back in placed though? It took forever for the glue to dry on mine, I was using Loctite super glue, that stuff works great with Minimates.

Yeah, they sell Detolf in black/brown. I just got some cheap black felt and cut to fit the shelves. For about $100 total for the shelf and lights, I'm pretty happy. Unfortunately, my local Ikea is almost always sold out, so they are a real gamble to get.

I called them on Tuesday, they had 5 in-stock, but by the time we drove the 20 miles, they were gone.

I called back on Weds and they had 1 in-stock, I was able to get to hold it until I got there.

I did have to hold the pieces together with the glue for a couple minutes. I just use some cheap super glue from the Dollar Store that works just fine.

"my local Ikea". . . :verymad:

Collection looks great! I FINALLY put together my detolf that I bought awhile back. Now I too need to go through the unboxing...

Looking forward to seeing more of that Iron Fist!

Closest Ikea to K80 and I is Houston and it is probably the worst Ikea of them all. Atlanta's is better, butjust slightly further away. They missed a huge opportunity by not building one just after Katrina. Everybody needed furniture there for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to "styling" Black Widow's hair yesterday and it was easier than I expected. All I did was pop the head off, soak the hair in cold tap water, then used one of my daughters combs to untangle all the hair. I was surprised by the amount of "product" that was left on the comb. I then reattached the head and positioned the hair the way I wanted and just left it to air dry. This morning, I checked, and the hair was completely dry, still in the position I left it, and had that crunchy feeling of hair with a styling gel in it.

I'm pretty happy with the results, it definitely took care of the 'fro she was developing...

Before:

IMAG0112.jpg

After:

IMAG0218.jpg

Edited by youbastards

Sooo... you're sayin' you washed and combed your doll's hair. :confused:dry.gif:mellow:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I finally "finished" Iron Fist, when I say "finished", I think I'm going to keep tweaking this figure as I go. I'm not 100% happy with the mask, and I want to make a fireball effect for his hand. Still waiting for the Kaustic Plastik body to ship so I can start work on Cage.

I have a backstory that I came up with to tie him into the Marvel Movie Universe, I need to type it up one of these days and post it.

IronFist5a.jpg

IronFist06.jpg

IronFist07.jpg

IronFist08.jpg

IronFist09.jpg

Edited by youbastards

love it :D the sneakers are the detail that really makes the figure pop, the mask looks good from the front but i can see why you'd want to tweak it, cant wait to see him with Cage

• 2 months later...

Here's a peek at my still WIP 'Temple of Doom' Indy. Everything is stock Hot Toys Indy, except for the hat (modified Sideshow) and the machete. I plan on picking up some more custom gear (Mike Fisher belt/holster/whip) to replace what is on here already.

I'm pretty happy with him so far.

TODIndy01.jpg

TODIndy02.jpg

Thanks guys.

I did some more work on Indy. I gave him a tan, the natural color of the HT body is too pale, especially for Temple Of Doom Indy. I also dirtied him up, retouched the blood, and then gave him a gloss for sweat effect. I also gave his shirt a tea bath, but I may try to darken it a little more.

He is borrowing the custom leather 'Joe Strain' whip I got made for my Raiders Indy. There isn't a wire in the whip, that is the natural coil from the leather.

I love this figure, and it has been a blast to customize, and I'm not done yet!

TODIndy04.jpg

TODIndy03.jpg

TODIndy05.jpg

TODIndy07.jpg

TODIndy08.jpg

TODIndy09.jpg

TODIndy10.jpg

Some updated pix of my Temple of Doom Indy. I just need to get the rest of the MFisher gear and he will be finished. I got some custom Sankara Stones and Shiva drawing from SSF member clparker04, and added the voodoo doll and Nurhachi urn from the Tomy vending toy line. I also got some Fullers Earth and dirtied him up a little more.

TODIndy12.jpg

TODIndy13.jpg

TODIndy11.jpg

Thanks guys! I have another Indy on the way to me so I can start on a Last Crusade custom. I also picked up another SS Boba Fett for a special custom I have planned.

Oh, and the "Kaustic Plastik" body I am using for Luke Cage arrived this week, it's really nice. Unfortunately, the pants I bought for my custom don't fit (read into that what you want), so I have to wait for new pants before I can reveal my "Heroes For Hire" from the movie-verse.

LOL!

Okay, so here are the origin stories for MY movie versions of Luke Cage and Iron Fist. A lot of this is obviously based on the existing origin stories with some changes made. Let's start with Iron Fist.

----------

Born into a wealthy family, Daniel Rand spent most of his childhood traveling the world with his parents, performing humanitarian work for people in need. His parents, Wendell and Heather Rand, built the Rand Corporation, a multi-billion dollar company, with the vision that all people should have access to the food and clean water that they need.

When Danny was 9 years old, his parents, along with Rand Corp executive partner Harold Meachum, visited the Kunlun Mountain range of Tibet, to meet with Yu-Ti, the leader of the K'un L'un village to discuss what his company can do to aid the impoverished region. After their plane landed in Nepal, the group was led by a Sherpa, hired by Meachum, for several days through the mountains before becoming stranded by a snowstorm. Convinced by the Sherpa that the village was just a few hours away and that they would be safer traveling before the storm worsened, the expedition proceeded in the snowstorm. At a particularly dangerous path, Danny slipped and fell, pulling his mother with him down the side of the mountain range. Wendell raced to catch their line to bring them back to safety, but Meachum, driven by jealousy of Wendell Rand's success, took this opportunity to order the "sherpa" to assassinate Wendell and push his body over the mountain side. He then cut the line from Danny and his mother, to leave them to die on the side of the mountain. With the Rand family out of the way, Meachum was now free to inherit the title of CEO and the business of Rand Corp.

Danny and his mother used what survival skills they had learned from traveling the world, and were able to climb back to the top of the mountain. Neither were sure which direction they should go, and night was starting to fall, so Heather led her son in the only path she knew, back down the mountain. A few hours into their journey, they were set upon by a pack of wolves. Running frantically, they quickly encountered a suspension bridge that they hadn't seen on their journey up the mountain. Heather instinctively led her son out on the bridge and told him to run and not look back, while she bravely sacrificed herself to the wolves to allow Danny time to escape.

Sobbing as he reached the other end of the bridge, he was greeted by Yu-ti, the very man he and his family were trying to find. Yu-ti returned to K'un L'un village with Danny, and brought him to martial arts master Lei Kung, known as "The Thunderer". due to his harsh attention to discipline. To condition the fists of his students, Lei Kung has them thrust their hands into hot sand, then hot gravel, and finally progressing to hot rocks. For years, Danny trained this way under Lei Kung, mastering his fighting techniques while making friends with the other students of K'un L'un. All but one, Davos, the son of Lei Kung.

Davos, feeling that Danny had no place at K'un L'un and threatened by his martial arts mastery, took it upon himself to humiliate Danny in combat by using mystical powers to temporarily blind Danny during Davos' attacks, defeating him in front of all of the students. Lei Kung, confidant that Davos would not be able to defeat Danny on his own, confronted his son. Davos admitted he used ancient magic to win the fight, and challenged his father to fight him. Lei Kung refused to fight stating that Davos isn't worthy of combat with a master of K'un L'un martial arts. Angered, Davos blasted him with the same power he had used to temporarily blind Danny. Danny defeats Davos, while the other students do nothing to help their master. Lei Kung, permanently blinded by the magic Davos used, banishes his son from K'un L'un.

As Danny tends to his master, Lei Kung tells him that he has the true heart of the Dragon, and that there is no further training Lei Kung can provide to Danny. He tells him that there is still one test he must face, if he wishes to truly become a master, he must defeat the serpent Shou-Lou, the Undying. Lei Kung leads Danny to a cave outside of K'un L'un city. Shou-Lou is awakened by Danny's presence and reveals himself to be a huge fire-breathing dragon. Lei Kung tells Danny that the only way to defeat Shou-Lou is to drive his fists into his heart, in turn filling him with the dragon's power. Danny and Shou-Lou go toe-to-toe, each evading the attacks of the other, until Danny lunges at the dragon, gripping it tight around it's neck and proceeding to punch into the dragon's chest. While Shou-Lou tries to shake Danny off, he finally succeeds in reaching the dragon's heart, a molten core, and plunges both fists directly into the fire. The room explodes with light, and Danny is left standing in the cave, with no sign that the dragon existed other than a black dragon-shaped scar that has no appeared on his chest.

Lei Kung tells Danny that he has become the "Iron Fist" and that he must now leave K'un L'un and use his new powers to help those in need. Lei Kung gives Danny a package containing the traditional garb of the Iron Fist and explains to Danny that when he channels his Chi, or life force, into his hands, they will become a weapon of great power. Lei Kung, Yu-Ti, and the residents of K'un L'un accompany Danny to the same suspension bridge that he arrived on, 10 years earlier and tell him that he must cross, as there is no turning back once he leaves K'un L'un. Danny travels the length of the bridge, and turns around to see that he is standing directly on the side of a mountain, and the bridge and city he just left is nowhere to be seen.

Danny contacts Professor Lee Wing, a close friend of his father, who assists with Danny's return to America. Professor Wing brings Danny back to his home in New York City's Chinatown, to help him get on his feet and encourage him to reveal he is alive so he can regain control of the Rand Corporation from Meachum, as that is what his father would want him to do. He meets Lee's daughter Colleen, and the two quickly become close friends as Colleen has practiced martial arts since she was a child.

One evening, while returning from a night out, Danny and Colleen are jumped by a group of men dressed in garb similar to that of the Iron Fist, but purple and green rather than yellow and green. He also notices the leader of the gang having a dragon symbol on his chest similarly to Danny's, but without wings. Colleen and Danny fight as long as they can, but they are eventually overwhelmed. Colleen is defeated by the gang leader, and Danny is subdued by gang members. The gang leader stands before Danny and introduces himself as the Steel Serpent. He makes a gesture and Professor Wing is brought out, looking beaten and bruised. Colleen screams as the Steel Serpent plunges his fist into Professor Wing's chest, absorbing his life force. Professor Lee Wing dissolves in mid-air. Colleen passes out, and Danny is enraged. His fists are glowing so bright, that the alley lights up as if it were mid-day. Danny manages to break free and defeat all of the gang members, and when he punches them, they go flying in different directions as if they were hit by a train. He confronts Steel Serpent, who removes his mask to reveal the identity of Davos. Danny attempts to punch Davos, who disappears into a mist before his punch can connect. Instead of Davos, however, Danny strikes the chest of a man he had never seen before, and Danny is flung back into to alley. Dazed and unsure of what just happened, Danny looks up to see a huge African American man standing over him, with a shirt that has a huge hole, but the skin underneath completely undamaged. The man bends over and picks Danny up with one hand, and says to him "Jackie Chan, you picked the wrong day to ruin Luke Cage's favorite shirt." Danny passes out, and the story leads to the introduction of Luke Cage.

Edited by youbastards