UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

youbastards' 1/6th collection - HULK SMASH!

youbastards

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Another addition to the collection today, IG-88! The Star Wars bounty hunters are infamous for having some of the shortest screen time in the original trilogy, but are classic designs. I stopped collecting the Sideshow Star Wars stuff a few years ago, and sold all of my collection off, but always knew the bounty hunters would have to be in my collection if they were ever released. IG-88 was the first, Boba Fett is sometime in April/May, and Bossk will be announced soon. No word on Dengar, Zuckuss, or 4-LOM.

Quick trivia, back when Kenner originally released the figures, they mislabeled 4-LOM (droid) and Zuckuss (alien).

IG88-1.jpg

IG88-2.jpg

Edited by youbastards

Defintely better than the Hasbro one, check out

, around the 45 second mark.

I am having a problem with the left arm elbow not 'clicking' into place the way the right arm does, so he can't hold the rifle straight out. Seriously, this may be the 4th product in a row I need to contact Sideshow about for a replacement.... <_<

Yeah. I don't think I ever contacted Sideshow about a replacement until the Spidey Comiquette. Now it seems like every other item I get requires an e-mail. And it doesn't matter if it's HT or Sideshow. I need to send one about Terminator shortly. I got Classic Pred and DX Sparrow from BBTS yesterday, and thankfully, no noticeable issues.

Part of me feels bad contacting them for replacements, but then I remind myself that Sideshow/Hot Toys have priced themselves into this situation.

When these things were in the $50-$75 price range, it was easier to overlook some of the smaller defects, but with the current prices I feel like the smallest defect is worth a replacement. :sad:

Just got confirmation from Sideshow that they are sending me replacements for the defective GI Joe Hawk exclusive head, Magpul rifle for Viper, and belt with holster for Captain America. I still need to contact them about IG-88's arm.

This is why I do all of my 1/6 business with them, phenomenal customer service!

Yeah, too bad they went with Crews instead of Isiah Mustafa, he has been actively pursuing the role of Luke Cage at Marvel. I think he could pull it off, but would need to bulk up a little bit.

Finding a muscular bald African American body/head is next to impossible, so I'm hoping Kaustic comes through with that release. All the African American head sculpts I can find are either based on Will Smith....or Michael Jackson. <_<