UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Giving Contest

Lurch77

It's better to give than receive; especially this time of year! Here's your chance to give an amazing prototype to a fellow board member.

===============================================================
Grand Prize: A painted prototype minimate of Weapon X Wolverine

post-28-0-82618400-1418833289_thumb.jpg

Rules:
1.) Remember safety first and that we are a family friendly site.
2.) MinimateMultiverse takes no responsibility or liability for any broken laws, damage or general mayhem caused in the process of this contest.
3.) MinimateMultiverse has the right to change the contest or rules at any time. This includes but is not limited to the completion date and prizes.

4.) Post your nomination for the one MMMV board member who you think best deserves to win and why. Mrs Claus Lurch will pick the entry that touches her heart the most.

5.) Only one entry per person, open to all members worldwide who aren't named Lurch

6.) If you end up on the naughty list then you will be disqualified from the contest, you mean old Grinch!
Dates:
Contest will end on December 31st at 11:59 PM CST.
Winner will be posted shortly afterwards.

A big thanks goes out to Zach at DST for the prize!

A couple points to keep in mind. Let's not air anyone's personal struggles that they may not want out there for all to see. Think of it as a "request and dedication" that would be on the TV or radio. You don't have to go into detail, just simple thanks or few nuggets of awesomeness that the person has done this year.

Tenime.

I know Chris outside the board and have for near on eight years now. He is a sweet man who truly loves his friends and all too often gets the short end of the stick in that deal. I know he has gone through a lot this year, just as I know how much he'd appreciate this.

Besides... it's CHRIStmas, right?

When I think of someone that deserves to win, one of the first people that comes to mind is youbastards. The Big Gray Bin at C2E2 was such a cool thing of him to do. He probably gave away a hundred or more figures and provided an experience where we all got to dig through a huge tub o' toys like little kids. It was something that sticks out from a weekend full of memorable experiences. And, as Zach has said before, yb is pretty much the defender of the Minimates brand here and abroad. That alone seems like more than a good enough reason to me.

And to be fair, if there were a hundred of these to give out, there still wouldn't be enough to give to the people here that are worthy of winning.

When I think of someone that deserves to win, one of the first people that comes to mind is youbastards. The Big Gray Bin at C2E2 was such a cool thing of him to do. He probably gave away a hundred or more figures and provided an experience where we all got to dig through a huge tub o' toys like little kids. It was something that sticks out from a weekend full of memorable experiences. And, as Zach has said before, yb is pretty much the defender of the Minimates brand here and abroad. That alone seems like more than a good enough reason to me.

And to be fair, if there were a hundred of these to give out, there still wouldn't be enough to give to the people here that are worthy of winning.

I'll have to echo what PK said, Youbastards was literally the first person that popped into my head for the exact same reasons. Plus I'm not sure anyone realizes how much patience he has ... i know i do, gulp :-(

Great idea for a contest, Lurch!

That said, it's pretty tough to narrow it down to one person, because there are quite a few pillars of this great community!

Since I'm only allowed to name one, I'll go with Mini_Myte. Eric does an amazing job on all the Mini Bar comics that just stand out and make me laugh every time he puts a new one up. And he's the man behind the most amazing awards show in all toy collecting history. The time he must invest to come up with all the setting and taking pictures alone must be half a live time. Without him, our community would loose a lot of great fun. Oh, and he's Canadian, so Logan might feel home up there.

My vote: Mini_Myte.

Now I'm hoping the other folks I had in mind will be nominated by someone else.

BHM

While he may seem "crunchy" on the outside, R is marshmallow-y soft (& giving) on the inside. yes.gif

But I will echo others' sentiments & say that pretty much everyone on here is amazingly helpful & sweet.

Is say, Pete.

When he is on the forums, he is rude or obnoxious, he is polite to about every person here.

Is say, Pete.

When he is on the forums, he is not rude or obnoxious, he is polite to about every person here.

Fixed.

Haha, very nice of you to say so monkey and I especially like that you missed out the single word that changed the context entirely. :lol::thumbsup:

There are so many really decent and genuinely great people here, it is hard to single anyone out.

So many of you look out for your fellow collectors, entertain on a regular basis and have such contagious enthusiasm to all things Minimates.

If I have to say one person though, it's the guy who's hard work and dedication gives me a valuable resource I use on a regular basis. HAIL IVAN

My nomination goes to Lobsterman.

Gifted customiser, content creator, level-headed contributor, helper of foreigners without access to TRU and much more.

I don't want to go into too many details, but that chap is a gem & one of the reasons this board is such a brilliant place to be.

I know a lot of people on here may deserve this prize, but L-man is my personal pick as i can't begin to describe how generous he has been to me over the years.

Thanks for your consideration.

Edited by Nessex

There are a TON of people here I would love to nominate. One person that I haven't seen nominated yet, and who I would like to nominate, is Captain Paco. His enthusiasm is contagious, and he is an all around great guy. We have talked about custom ideas quite a bit, and it always inspires me to start customizing again.

When I learned of this contest, I already knew who I am nominating.

MMMV is the friendliest place on the internet, chock full of benevolent and thoughtful creatures.

However, for this contest, I am nominating a single person, and he is pk13.

Aside from his regular charity drives, he went the extra mile in helping me and my brothers last year when we were struck by Typhoon Haiyan. He sold his minimates and sent all the funds to us (Pinoy Minimates Kolektors). Such an awesome display of humanism, one that I will cherish forever.

I cannot express my gratitude enough.