UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

My MvC3 Minimate Reviews!

A.J.V.

post-168-0-78407300-1322763963_thumb.jpgHi guys

Been a while since I've been on the minimates scene and I'm back. ^^

I was walking in TRU and I saw them on the pegs and I remembered how much I wanted them when they first showed them.

Anyway check out the full review here and I hope you like it.

http://ajvsblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/marvel-vs-capcom-3-minimates-review.html

Edited by A.J.V.

Thanks Dinobot ^^

Sorry it's been so long since I've updated on the minimate section.I've still been updating the blog, just not a lotta minimate stuff.

So thanks for checking it out and check back soon more minimates and other things :)

Nice work on the review. I heard in an ask DST that they're finally starting to put foot stands in their two packs (starting with MvC3) so people don't have the issue of balancing but I could be mistaken. Personally I welcome it.

I should mention if you want any help with the Capcom characters, I know quite a bit about them (especially some of the more obscure characters) so please give me a buzz.

Thanks pawcanada. ^^

Ooooh! I was wondering honestly why it was there and who it was for. But yeah I like it. Though I wish it were a little more clear and less...cloudy? Well regardless I'm glad they are making stands like these because it gives more option on how to pose our minimates without a balancing battle.

And thanks, that would be helpful I suppose since I lack much knowledge on Capcom characters besides those from Street Fighter ^^;

No problem. Drop me a message when you begin work on your next review and I will knock together a paragraph or two of copy based off what I know.

The only thing I will say though, is I was never a big fan of the Resident Evil games and hardly played them bar about an hour or two of struggling to get into Resi Evil 2.

Edited by pawcanada

• 1 month later...

Nice Review of this set!

I do want to pick this up at some point, a couple of things to follow up on if you have the time? :)

You mentioned that the Proton Cannon that comes with Iron Man doesn't fit in his hands properly? Something to do with the sideways grip of the hands included with IM?

Has anyone managed to actually pose Iron Man properly with the Cannon? or is this something that was an oversight during design and he wasn't meant to?

Secondly i think i know what you mean about Arthur & His shield, what probably would of been better with the grip on the back of the shield is if it was on a horizontal pin so that it could be spun round at any angle. Sort of like what you see with the larger MU or ML figures shields.

I'm looking forward more to having Arthur as I'm quite pleased with the IM i have, but as i said in the original MvsC thread i dont mind picking up a couple of Marvels to get newer characters.

Have you got any more reviews planned of the other sets? I'm interested to see what you make of Dante/Deadpool & the Mega Man Zero, I've also subscribed via blogspot to follow your updates :biggrin:

Rich

Edited by Urban Saboteur

Thanks Urban Saboteur.

As for what were asking.

About the hands: Yes exactly what I was talking about

Um..I'm not sure if anyone has.

About the shield: Exactly! Though I also was thinking kinda like how they did with Captain America but with clip-on instead of a slip-on.

Yep! I'm gonna Review Deadpool and Dante.

And Thanks! :)

Nice work on the review. I heard in an ask DST that they're finally starting to put foot stands in their two packs (starting with MvC3) so people don't have the issue of balancing but I could be mistaken. Personally I welcome it.

I should mention if you want any help with the Capcom characters, I know quite a bit about them (especially some of the more obscure characters) so please give me a buzz.

Shouldn't the packs come with two stands, one for each character, instead of one? The one I have doesn't even fit Iron Man's feet. I'll have to use superglue to tighten it.

Thanks Urban Saboteur.

Yep! I'm gonna Review Deadpool and Dante.

And Thanks! :)

:whistling: So AJV about that picture review on Deadpool and Dante :biggrin:

Any ideas when you'll be doing it? I'm eager to see what you think of them.

Rich

• 6 months later...

Been a long time since I'm been into the minimate scene but I'm back again and with more reviews! :D

DeadPool Vs. Dante (which I finally finished writing the review for)

http://ajvsblog.blogspot.com/2012/08/marvel-vs-capcom-3-minimates-review_8.html

Super Skrull Vs. Crimson Viper (Just got these from my LCS)

http://ajvsblog.blogspot.com/2012/08/marvel-vs-capcom-3-minimates-review.html

Hope ya all like the reviews and pics!

Come back soon for more reviews! :)

post-168-0-32606400-1344620420_thumb.jpg

post-168-0-45082700-1344620629_thumb.jpg