UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Do you want a C2E2 MMMV blank? - Part 1

TBT!

I love minimates for lots of reasons, but a big reason is because of the Minimate Multiverse!!! Since finding this place I have never been more up to date on whats coming out. What already came out, and more up to date information on everything minimate related then any other website out there. Plus where else can you go and actually to talk to the people who make these wonderful items one on one? I might not post a lot but I do come here daily to check out what everyone else is saying, and thats God's honest truth right there! This place keeps my love for minimates going strong.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love minimates. End of phrase. Do I win?

Well I also love minimates because I thought they were small enough to collect without taking up too much space.... boy, was I wrong...

Okay, I LOVE MINIMATES BECAUSE THEY ARE AWESOME, how else can I get 3 different and much wanted winter soldiers within months OR have an army of wolverines to fight off an army of zombies (one of which is also wolverine) OR just an entire force of shield agents ready to keep hydra at bay.

I love Minimates because I am addicted to plastic. Mmmm...can't wait to open another pack for that sweet smell of fresh plastic nirvanna. SNIIIIFFFFF....Oh yeah, that's the stuff....

I love minimates because I am a girl. Sure, other companies make girl figures, but most look like dudes in drag (or are that semi-creepy anime "please, sir, I am here only to serve you"). Minimates make girls look like girls -- sure, some are "party girls" (because hey, some of them areyes.gif ) -- but you can always tell that they are girls.

Besides, what other company has made Pepper "Rescue" Potts AND Wonder Woman (& made them cool as hell to boot)?? The answer is none -- and as a girl living in a man's world, this is very important.

I love Minimates because they allow Marty McFly & Doc Brown to travel back in time to see The Secret Wars III when The Terminator teamed up with The Ghostbusters, The Avengers, The Justice League, and Lara Croft to fight off the Skrulls, Zombies, and Aliens!

I love Minimates because they are a great way for me to customize my love for Star Trek and other Sci-Fi licenses for use as décor in my office without taking up too much space and they have a great deal of detail for something so little.

I have loved minimates since the first 3 incher I bought almost 12 years ago....& because the love only grew when they shrunk!biggrin.png As almost everyone here has stated, they cover from marvel to clint eastwood, not many toy lines can boast that diversity.

They have actually been a driving force keeping me gainfully employed thoughout the years, because if I didn't go to work everyday, I couldn't buy the latest release of mates being offered, and that my friends would be one of my worst nightmares!

Plus, just the fact that they make me smile.yes.gif

Edited by mav-man

I love minimates because almost every licence produced, is something I like now or have grown up with.

Also... they are toys. I get the same kick out of collecting toys now, that I got as a kid.

It's not necessarily the owning that I like, which is why I currently have few on display, it's the collecting!

Owning or displaying, while nice, is secondary to the collecting - or to paraphrase, it's not the having, it's the getting.

Finding a figure you want in a toy store... getting that package in the mail... ripping it open to get the figure inside... checking out the accessories... getting a whiff of that new toy smell? That's pretty sublime!

2" figures costing under $10 a pack, allow me to regularly get my kicks, without bankrupting myself or filling room after room with toys.

I love minimates because there is nowhere else you can have Batman teaming up with Godzilla to fight the Juggernaut and Hannibal Lecter gets to eat the winner with Carnage as a Xenomorph and Slimer play tug o war with the guts of a zombie Michonne just disemboweled and everyone is the same size.

I love minimates because apart from the fact that I can have a hangover Spider-Man cheating on Mary Jane with Jill Valentine while Deadpool and Bob are taking pics to sell to Jonah who's running against Lex Luthor for President of the United States, you get a bang for your buck,they are easily available, greatly customizable, have a huuuuuuuge variety of licenses and the company folks are great! Simply put: they contain the recipe for awesomeness!

I love Minimates because they provide a way to collect all of my favorite characters in a single, uniform look. Having everything as a Minimate looks much better than having figures of different characters in scales and styles that don't match. I also love Minimates because they introduced me to things I've became a major fan of. (ex. Walking Dead)

I love minimates because of the creativity that such small and "simple" toys can inspire - from the designers themselves, to the customizers, the photographers, the webpage moderators and hosts, and finally to the children, both big and small, who play with them in all of their articulated awesomeness. Pow! Zoom! Thwip!

I love minimates because of the consistency. Being able to collect multiple toy lines of incredible variety all in the same scale with similar sculpting, painting, and accessories, and all of it being interchangeable, if very freeing when setting up crazy displays.