UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Mallrats 20th Anniversary Minimate SDCC Giveaway

Shanester

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that must cost you a small fortune to mail out all those Shane?

Sometimes, yes it does. Shipping a Minimate in the USA first class is about 1 to 2 dollars and I buy the bubble mailers in bulk so its still cheap. Shipping the same Minimate outside the USA is generally a minimum of $7 plus the added hassle of declarations (I can't just drop it in the post). Its all good though. I consider it a small matter considering how much fun it seems to bring to the group. I am not paying for the figures, thanks to Zach, so it tends to be a wash, from my point of view.

that must cost you a small fortune to mail out all those Shane?

Sometimes, yes it does. Shipping a Minimate in the USA first class is about 1 to 2 dollars and I buy the bubble mailers in bulk so its still cheap. Shipping the same Minimate outside the USA is generally a minimum of $7 plus the added hassle of declarations (I can't just drop it in the post). Its all good though. I consider it a small matter considering how much fun it seems to bring to the group. I am not paying for the figures, thanks to Zach, so it tends to be a wash, from my point of view.

You're a good man, and all you do here is very much apprieciated. Thank you

I know too well how tedious it is filling out those customs declarations, and then having to drive to/stand in line at the post office. Shane definitely deserves props for all he selflessly does for the community.

So. . .if folks feel the same way, they should give a little something back by using the forum advertising links!

Edited by karamazov80

The links are what keeps this place paid for. I hope one day that we bring in enough to move to a better host and upgrade some new skins. It'll happen eventually.

I know too well how tedious it is filling out those customs declarations, and then having to drive to/stand in line at the post office. Shane definitely deserves props for all he selflessly does for the community.

So. . .if folks feel the same way, they should give a little something back by using the forum advertising links!

Helping 'Johnny Foreigner' is what makes the U.S. special to us rest o' the world 'unfortunates'.

Take a little time filling out those customs declarations & consider how fortunate you are to assist those less fortunate than yourselves .

Before Minimates, I collected (and still have a lot of) vintage GI Joe 12", mostly Adventure Team. At some point, I got turned on to Action Man, which was never sold in the USA. He is GI Joe's European and Canadian cousin. I hate to say it, but Palitoy took GI Joe and made him so much better and more worldly. I often could only find the stuff in the UK and many did not want to do the work to ship to me in the USA. Therefore, I feel your pain and do not discriminate with trades or prizes/giveaways on this site. Being left out because of your location sucks. If a post carrier services your area, you are eligible.

I'll echo what others here have said. Running a site takes time and devotion just for the day to day operations. Shane's extra effort with the giveaways and his willingness to trade/sell/ship to anyone is pretty amazing and not something you see on every site.

Couldn't agree more with what everyone is saying about Shane and the generous help various members do for foreign cousins... special props to Mattalica too, who's helped me out more times than I can remember over the years.

How's about a donate button as well as the links?

I'll happily contribute to keeping this place going.

Helping 'Johnny Foreigner' is what makes the U.S. special to us rest o' the world 'unfortunates'.

Take a little time filling out those customs declarations & consider how fortunate you are to assist those less fortunate than yourselves .

In some ways, I think it would be better not to have such relatively easy access to things as we do in the U.S. Then, it would be much easier not to get involved with the damn things to begin with. I've often found myself surprised at how much non-U.S. interest there has been in Minimates, considering the difficulties/costs involved in acquiring them.

• 4 years later...