UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Do you want a C2E2 MMMV blank? - Part 1

TBT!

I love Minimates because the moment I saw them, my imagination unlocked in a new way. They gave me a creative outlet that I hadn't really considered before, and I immediately fell in love with. They are a form of art that inspires art.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love minimates because they allow creative and customizable freedom unparalleled in any other toy. Even when a property or individual look doesn't excite me, I still try to pick up two copies one my regular collection and a second to break down and use as custom fodder. Often I find a whole new appreciation of an individual mate just from finding new ways to re-use their parts. Best of all after a current 462 unique customs when I ask myself "Do I have enough?" even if the answer is "yes" as soon as a new wave or property's prototypes are shown the first thing that I do is start visually breaking down the parts for a brand new round of creation.

Besides there is no other toy line, that I can think of, that will allow Krang to check out if Dashboard Christ goes commando under his toga.

For me, this is like asking me why do I enjoy toys at all. I love minimates because of their diversity of characters and lines and the capability to make any characters I cannot find right now. Who would have thought getting a little Spider-Man 10 (almost 11) years ago would lead to a massive collection that includes Tinkerbell, Thor, the Terminator, and the upcoming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I have found that I am weening myself from other toy lines as the figures and interest dries up, but minimates have only increased. I also have to say thanks to the MMMV community as they have shown me recipes to get some of the characters that I sometimes feel like I will not get even with all this diversity. I know that I'm very much a lurker (being a chemistry professor doesn't allow for much free time), but this is the first website I go to each morning to see what's going on with the little figures that I love.

I love Minimates because...They are an easy and fun connection to my inner child, they are easy and fun to collect, it is exciting to learn of and see what is coming out next. I find myself wanting to collect them as they come out whether or not I know anything about them. They are just so wicked awesome!

I love Minimates because they were the first toy line I ever collected. When I was younger, i remember stopping in a Target with my mom and grandmother on the way to the shore, and that's where i saw my first Minimates: Iron Man/Doctor Doom, and Human Torch/Mr. Fantastic. From then on, the floodgates were opened and I became a full-fledged toy collector, not just Minimates, and they made me get into comics, film, pop culture, etc, so in a way they redefined my life. I love Minimates, because they played a huge role in who I am today.

I love minimates because in no other lines can you get such a diverse range of characters not only within Marvel, but across other properties as well.

And because Chuck is a big spidey fan so i know I will always get my spideys!

I love Minimates because they fill the dark void in my soul that exists because of my inability to make and maintain trusting, long-lasting personal relationships that don't somehow involve a computer. At least that's what my therapist says. But mainly I think it's because Minimates don't call the cops on me when I take pictures of them.

...and they told me what it sounds like when doves cry.

I love Minimates because they have a cool block aesthetic (better than Kubricks and Legos IMO) that also allows for posability and customization. The block form factor also supports a visual consistency between different lines, which allows me to mix characters of different properties. Finally, they are an affordable way to satiate my addiction to plastic.

I love minimates because I am a girl. Sure, other companies make girl figures, but most look like dudes in drag (or are that semi-creepy anime "please, sir, I am here only to serve you"). Minimates make girls look like girls -- sure, some are "party girls" (because hey, some of them areyes.gif ) -- but you can always tell that they are girls.

Besides, what other company has made Pepper "Rescue" Potts AND Wonder Woman (& made them cool as hell to boot)?? The answer is none -- and as a girl living in a man's world, this is very important.

I love this answer. And it's also one of the reasons i love minimates. Females are *VERY* under-represented in the action figure world. DST has made a lot more girls than any other toyline i've collected. It's definitely one of the reasons i love minimates and why i keep collecting.

Wow such a great response to this contest, both in numbers and how you responded.

A quick reminder I'm closing entries at midnight (PST) tonight and will pick the 5 lucky winners at random tomorrow.

T.

I love minimates because they are small enough to fit in a pocket, and contain enough luck to help me at bingo.

I've randomly picked winners, With the assistance of some dice and a glass or two of wine!

Congratulations to the lucky winners who are (in order of posting):

Zombie Shakespeare

Vulcans Fury

Blacksun1520

Homestar17

LastWeaponsmaster

Send me a PM with your contact details and we'll get your AMAZING MinimateMultiverse C2E2 exclusive out in the post just as soon as Shane sobers up.

T.

p.s. I stil cant believe we talked DST into making a MMV minimate!

p.p.s. Keep an eye out for more contests soon!

WOO HOO!!!! I am so friggin excited!!! Congrats to the other lucky winners and a huge thank you to TBT and Shane for running this so that us folk that couldn't attend C2E2 can have a piece of MMMV history! And of course thank you to DST for producing a little something special for this very special piece of the internet we all call home :) This will be a treasured addition to my collection.

WOO HOO!!!! I am so friggin excited!!! Congrats to the other lucky winners and a huge thank you to TBT and Shane for running this so that us folk that couldn't attend C2E2 can have a piece of MMMV history! And of course thank you to DST for producing a little something special for this very special piece of the internet we all call home smile.png This will be a treasured addition to my collection.

Way... too... excited... I withdraw your winning number.....

T.

p.s. yes I'm kidding.

This is tied for best birthday gift!! (Other is Hot Toys son of Coul. You will be mine one day!)

Thanks again to everyone for the contest, the awesome prize & this forum. Congrats to the other winners as well.