UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

youbastards' 1/6th collection - HULK SMASH!

youbastards

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

iron fist is looking great. I really like the pants and the shoes and the way you incorporated the yellow sash. Only thing I would change is possibly use a mask that's not as wide. Don't know what you were contemplating changing on it or not.

Thanks guys!

Those Kill Bill shoes look great! Love how the belt looks too.

Actually, go further back to Bruce Lee in 'Game of Death', but Beatrix' costume in Kill Bill was also an homage to GoD. :thumbsup:

iron fist is looking great. I really like the pants and the shoes and the way you incorporated the yellow sash. Only thing I would change is possibly use a mask that's not as wide. Don't know what you were contemplating changing on it or not.

Yeah, I still havn't fully committed to the current mask, but you are right, the sides need to go at a higher angle to the back of his head. I need to pick some more material.

I also have a hooded sweatshirt that I dyed yellow and plan on ironing on the dragon tattoo. I'm contemplating putting the SHIELD logo on the back, I'm picturing my versions of PM & IF as SHIELD street level agents.

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome pics! I couldn't get over the rooted hair issue with that figure, so I'm crossing fingers that Avengers Widow will have sculpted hair.

As for the 2099 custom. . .if you a high quality one, you would probably need to commission a seasoned 1/6th scale tailor/customizer. And that would be pricey. I wouldn't begin to know how to go about making one.

Thanks, I know a lot of people didn't like the hair on BW, but I think it makes her stand out. I want to try and style it like I've seen others do, but I haven't brought myself to that level yet. :lol:

Iron Fist has stalled at the moment, I need to make a new mask as the first one got ruined trying to mod it. Still on the workbench, but I've taken a bit of a break.

Kostisfire, I agree with K80, find someone on Freaks that is willing to tailor something nice for you.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got around to picking up an IKEA Detolf cabinet and Dioder lighting system, it took the better part of the day to assemble and then unbox and display all the figure, but it was a lot of fun! I'm pretty proud of how I was able to hide the wires for the lighting.

Detolf1-1.jpg

Detolf1-2.jpg

Detolf1-3.jpg

Detolf1-4.jpg

Detolf1-1.jpg

Oh the World's Finest movie that would have been... SIGH

Excellent. I just got around to modding my Thor helmet last week, and it makes a huge difference. Major improvement.

Did you paint the top and bottom of the Detolf black, or do they sell some that way? I think it looks better than the wood grain color. I also dig the black felt (?) material on the glass floors.

I wish I had more Detolfs.

Edited by karamazov80

Thor's helmet mod makes a huge difference! Did you have trouble getting the wings glued back in placed though? It took forever for the glue to dry on mine, I was using Loctite super glue, that stuff works great with Minimates.

Yeah, they sell Detolf in black/brown. I just got some cheap black felt and cut to fit the shelves. For about $100 total for the shelf and lights, I'm pretty happy. Unfortunately, my local Ikea is almost always sold out, so they are a real gamble to get.

I called them on Tuesday, they had 5 in-stock, but by the time we drove the 20 miles, they were gone.

I called back on Weds and they had 1 in-stock, I was able to get to hold it until I got there.