UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Poster Contest

Lurch77

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anyway i can redo mine?ive had a better idea for it,please dont tell me its too late.....

Nope not too late, final entries due by Sunday September 26th at 11:59 PM CST. But I'll echo Punisher in saying that is a very good entry. I'm going to guess that Boyd will want to improve on his wip one too ;)

Nope not too late, final entries due by Sunday September 26th at 11:59 PM CST. But I'll echo Punisher in saying that is a very good entry. I'm going to guess that Boyd will want to improve on his wip one too ;)

Don't tell me how to make my art. :)

Now I miss the Photo Hunt even more. I thought I had a decent idea for this contest but now I'm feeling totally discouraged after seeing the entries already submitted. I don't think I have a shot at competing in this one.

I say do it for fun,I entered mine after seeing boyd's,shamrock's and brobotC's and I knew i was gonna get pwned{and I still know ima get pwned}But I had a fun time and i think it was worth it just because the fun I had,and you never know how your's will turn out till you actully do it.

Now I miss the Photo Hunt even more. I thought I had a decent idea for this contest but now I'm feeling totally discouraged after seeing the entries already submitted. I don't think I have a shot at competing in this one.

That's how I feel about most contests but I enter most of them anyway because I enjoy making customs and such and it's just a good time all around!

I just finished tinkering with my entry and I think I'm finally satisfied with it. It took a bit of forever trying to get all the lettering centered and I don't think it's perfect but here she be:

POSTERCONTEST-1.jpg

It's mostly based off the Justice League America 52 cover:

post-1173-1284360765_thumb.jpg

Which was, in turn, based off vintage boxing posters like this one:

post-1173-1284360789_thumb.jpg

Edited by God Magnus

Finished mine! :P

clawsscancopy.jpg

I don't know how many of you knew this, but Joseph Michael Linsner, the creator of Dawn, design Felicia's new costume in the Claws mini series. To commemorate this, he did 300 lithos of Dawn in the new Black Cat costume as a mock cover. It wasn't a cover, otherwise I'd have known about this long before it showed up on my doorstep. He did it in a 4 pane uncut pattern. Sort of an art deco thing I guess. It's a litho, which I'm going to guess is close enough as a poster to count. heck, I've got it waiting to hang in my room.

dawnclaws.jpg

Anyways, here's my entry as a mock cover. Single.

clawsposterentry.png

And 4 pane style.

clawsposterentry2.png

All joking aside, here's my entry in the contest. I decided to remake a Detective Comics Batman cover:

Ha ha ha ha - i thought you were just making up some random hilarity there. Damn - Bats was campy back in the day.

Great work Boyd.

Great entries everyone! Don't forget only 3 days left!!

Remember your poster can be of pretty much anything: a drawing, picture, etc, anything that would look cool as a poster. We should have a lot more entries than we have so far :huh: So grab a camera and some figures and snap some pics or get some crayons (regular or digital) and whip up a work of art :fakenopic: