Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

The K'nex web-site has these in stock so I ordered:

1- Yoshi w/ Kart

1- Mario w/ Kart

2-Luigis w/ bikes

1- Mario w/ bike

My 5 year old Nephew is WAAAAAAAY into Mario Kart, and that order set made it so I get one of each character, he gets a Mario and Luigi AND a bike and a kart for both them, with one left over bike.

Says I should get them next Monday, I'm super excited!

I should get them next Monday, I'm super excited!

As excepted my order came today! Unexpectedly my nephew was over today! So I got to assemble these on the fly with a hyper 5 year old bouncing around waving the block figures around...

There's some odd choices in the building process (like a layer of single peg blocks to build the bikes) but nothing as crazy as the C3 Batcave and some pieces do not want to stick on (the exhaust on the karts WILL fall off) but the end results are pretty nice play pieces, the pull back motor on the karts is FAST

The figures are perfect with minimates IF you like sculpted minimates, Luigi is the height of a minimate, Mario is a little shorter... Yoshi does have a tail, his booties, and a saddle.

So yeah... the figures look great with my minimates and my nephew went f**king insane playing with his set, fun for all ages! Now I'd like a series 2 with the Princesses, Toad, and Bowser please!

If anyone wants any pics of the figures or karts let me know.

I'd love to see some pics of these sets. Has anyone seen them in stores yet?

I've heard June is when they're supposed to be in stores, no clue if its true or not, it's crazy if TRU doesn't carry them given how much other Mario Kart stuff they sell.

Anyway, photos:

The figures:

mkart7.pngmkart6.pngmkart5.png

comparison:

mkart4.png

(Gashpon Link is almost the same style)

oh, and the figures have universal pieces so:

mkart2.png

Accessories:

mkart3.png

Mushroom comes with Yoshi Kart, banana with Mario's kart, Luigi Kart (did not get) comes with a starman. The bikes come with nothing

Now the main course!

The Karts:

mkart11.png

mkart10.png

those pipes WILL fall off, I'd glue them on but my nephew is neurotic about stuff like that and he'd probably freak out he couldn't remove them... I just hope his sister doesn't eat them.

mkart9.png

figures set in the karts by removing their lower torsos and attaching to a peg. Not as nice for the collector as a hole for them to set in, but nice for a kid who's going to twist and turn it around in the air.

mkart8.png

VROOOOOOM!!!

compatibility:

mkart1.png

I couldn't find racer Tony, sorry. Karts a *little* big for 'mates, but could work if you wanted it too

The Bikes!

mkart13.png

mkart12.png

Mario's stumpy legs make him sit on the bike weird, that's as low as he gets on it.

compatibility:

mkart14.png

Vanilla mates look a little small, but Lobo looks great on it (I plan to convert my extra Luigi bike into a space chopper for him) I assume you could put a ghost rider with the big chest topper and he'd work as well as Lobo.

The bikes and karts come with decals to add M's, L's, eggs, checkers, etc designs they have in the game but I didn't bother applying them since they'd just get ruined under heavy play.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Has anyone else seen the individual figures being sold at retail? Target had them when I stopped in yesterday. Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, and Bowser were supposed to be available, though I couldn't find Bowser. Best of all they aren't blind-bagged.

Hey Stack, did you actually buy any of these? I saw these as well (my Target didn't have Bowser either) and just wanted to make sure that they were in fact mini-figs. From feeling the bags, they felt more like parts to make a small accessory. I just wanted to make sure that the actual figures were in there before I picked up any. My son has the Mario bike and the figures are really nice. I'd like to get them for myself without having to buy any of the sets if possible.

They are the mini-figs, but the case ratio sucks:

BOX INCLUDES: 20 MARIO / 14 YOSHI / 12 LUIGI / 2 BOWSER

It's going to be difficult to track down any Bowsers. :verymad:

Thanks for the info Lurch! I will definitely be on the lookout for those Bowser's then. The one Target I found these in had all of the figures except for Bowser.

• 6 months later...

So we had a thread for these when they first came out, couldn’t find it... Thanks to the mod who moved this to the right thread!

There’s a second wave of Mario Kart Block Figures out, it includes the four from series 1 (Mario, Bowser, Yoshi, and Luigi) as well as Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and Toad (TRU’s ad blurb mentions Wario and Baby Mario too but I’ve not seen any evidence of them... maybe wave 3 or a BS ultra rare variant?)

The case ratio is less insane then wave 1 BUT it is Blind Bagged this time around.... BUT there’s a code. On the back of the bag is a 7 digit number, one number will underlined, the actual number doesn’t matter WHAT MATTERS IS THE SEQUENCE ORDER and that order goes:

1-Mario

2-Bowser

3-Luigi

4-Yoshi

5-Donkey Kong

6-Toad

7-Diddy Kong

So if your bag number is 9567890 or 8421067 it’s got Luigi in it since the 3rd number is underlined.

In closing here’s a group shot with Four Swords Link (because I think he matches stylistically) and TV’s Mitch Buchannon for scale (he was the closest minimate when I took the picture):

post-1897-0-80376600-1344219418_thumb.pn

Edited by dr baghead

So we had a thread for these when they first came out, couldn’t find it...

There’s a second wave of Mario Kart Block Figures out, it includes the four from series 1 (Mario, Bowser, Yoshi, and Luigi) as well as Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and Toad (TRU’s ad blurb mentions Wario and Baby Mario too but I’ve not seen any evidence of them... maybe wave 3 or a BS ultra rare variant?)

The case ratio is less insane then wave 1 BUT it is Blind Bagged this time around.... BUT there’s a code. On the back of the bag is a 7 digit number, one number will underlined the order of the number will be the figure. the order goes:

1-Mario

2-Bowser

3-Luigi

4-Yoshi

5-Donkey Kong

6-Toad

7-Diddy Kong

So if your bag number is 9567890 it’s got Luigi in it.

In closing here’s a group shot with Four Swords Link (because I think he matches stylistically) and TV’s Mitch Buchannon for scale (he was the closest minimate when I took the picture):

post-1897-0-80376600-1344219418_thumb.pn

So how do we read the numbers? I figured you were saying the underlined number would correspond to the figure in your list but you say 9567890 is for Luigi, but he's #3 in your list and Toad is #6

or are you saying ignore the actual numbers, just look to see which number is underlined (IE: the third number is underlined, therefore, it's Luigi who is the third figure on the list)

Edited by Shogi

or are you saying ignore the actual numbers, just look to see which number is underlined (IE: the third number is underlined, therefore, it's Luigi who is the third figure on the list)

Yes, ignore the actual number those are random and do not matter, it’s the sequence order that matters so maybe this, so:

1st number= Mario

2nd= Bowser

3rd= Luigi

4th= Yoshi

5th= Donkey Kong

6th= Toad

7th= Diddy Kong

so 7654321 is Toad since the 6th number is underlined even though the number itself is 2. Anytime the line is under the 6th number it’ll be Toad regardless of what number it is.

Thanks for the code. I found these over the weekend, and I already have Mario, Bowser, Luigi, and Yoshi from series 1 and the blind bags are difficult to feel for the way they're wrapped. I held off on buying any, hoping to find something like this. You're the man, dr baghead!

• 6 months later...