UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Secret Santa '07

For those of you who were here last year and participated, you know how this works. Rules are pretty much the same.

For those who either didn't participate or weren't around back then, please read the rules before signing up. You will be held accountable for them if you agree to participate.

Here's how it's gonna work gang:

To participate this year, you must have +5 positive feedback scores or higher in the trading thread. If you qualify, please email reideen1313@yahoo.com the following form with Minimate Multiverse Secret Santa Info as the title (so it doesn't go into my spam folder). This form MUST be submitted no later than 10/31/07 to participate. Names will be distributed the first week of November.

Minimate Multiverse forum name:

Email address you can be contacted at:

Name you want packages sent to:

Address to ship to:

Special shipping instructions (if any):

Are you willing to be a backup volunteer?

Anyone you DON'T want to be assigned to? (I don't care why and won't tell anyone you opted not to get - it would just be nice to know in advance and avoid any potential issues.)

Items you're interested in receiving?

Any other notes/special info you feel we need to pass on to your Santa?

The Rules

The items should be sent no later than the 10th of December. This would allow time for holiday mail (and allow us time to circle the wagons to cover any problems that may pop up). Hopefully everyone would have their item(s) by Xmas.

We will try to have US members send to US members and UK members send to UK members. This will cut down not only on shipping time but additonal costs as well. Please be aware, there is a possibility we may have an odd number of participants from either side of the pond, so you may need to send to a foreign member. Every attempt will be made to avoid this, but things happen. If this is a problem, and you absolutely cannot send overseas, please make note of this in your email sign up.

Identity of the sender:

You do not tell people who you got until the final reveal on 12/30/07, or until the person guesses correctly, which ever comes first.

NO trading! You send to the person you're assigned.

Receivers can start guessing the sender as soon as they receive their item(s).

Obviously, if you participate you must send an item.

Regarding non-sending

If you have signed up, and you find you can't fulfill your obligation to send a gift to the other member, be it for financial reasons, health problems, time constraints, or whatever other reasons there might be, it's ok. I understand - things happen. Please, all I ask is that you let us know as soon as possible. I would like to have some volunteers to be backups - so we can get members reassigned and gifted - preferably before Christmas.

I intend for there to be NO disappointments in this, even if it means I send the stuff myself. (Please don't make me do this, I'm paying off my wife's college and I've got 5 children...) I won't be pissed unless you just don't do anything without notifying me or a staff member. If you drop the ball you will not be allowed to participate next year and it will be noted in the master feedback list. As members, we've made this a great community. I want all the members to be able to have faith in one another, and depend on each other to fulfill our obligations.

No maximum dollar limit for the sender - if someone wants to spend lots of $$ on their person, so be it. However, we will have a minimum $$ amount of $10.00 or whatever is equivilent in your country's currency.

Each participant should give a list of items they are interested in - that way everyone isn't looking for Martian Manhunter/Gold Spidey mates. Also, if there's something you don't want (Nervous' Spawn example springs to mind) they should state that as well.

Keep it PG-13. No Full Monty 'mates.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reideen, about the whole +5 minimum thing. Is that a mandatory requirement? I only have +4, but I participated last year and would like to do so (hopefully) again this year. All I'm saying is there are a few good members out there who just don't trade very much. Heck, you've only got +6 youself! :D

Reideen, about the whole +5 minimum thing. Is that a mandatory requirement? I only have +4, but I participated last year and would like to do so (hopefully) again this year. All I'm saying is there are a few good members out there who just don't trade very much. Heck, you've only got +6 youself! :D

Same here, I only have +4 and didn't get to do this last year, but would really like to this time around.

BS

I was thinking about this the other day actually. This is something I've been looking forward to. Now, to narrow down my list so people aren't spending $100 on me. :P

I know you can ask NOT to deal with someone, but is there a way to request to send stuff TO a specific person?

Good points Deadpool.

This rule was implemented to make sure everyone who participates comes through on their end of the deal. That said, I know there are some folks who don't trade on a regular basis who are honest, trustworthy regulars here. I know there are folks who participated last year who have less than a +5 rating. If you want to participate and don't meet the +5 minimum, email me with your info and I'll see if I can make an exception.

Please understand, last year went better than I hoped it would. Almost everyone did what they agreed to do and sent gifts to the people they were assigned to. Unfortunately there were a couple of people who received gifts but didn't send anything in return. I gladly took care of the people who didn't receive anything, but if possible I want to avoid having to do that this year. Not because I mind doing it or can't afford it, but because it takes away some of the fun for the people who don't get a gift.

Basically, if you're involved, you buy something for someone, or take it from your own collection, and send it to someone as a Secret Santa Christmas present. They don't know who sent it unless they guess or it is revealed.

In return someone else that is involved will send you something. So everyone's happy.

Basically, if you're involved, you buy something for someone, or take it from your own collection, and send it to someone as a Secret Santa Christmas present. They don't know who sent it unless they guess or it is revealed.

In return someone else that is involved will send you something. So everyone's happy.

Thanks,I'm beginning to get it but....how would they guess who sent it? For the record I'm genuinely not trying to be a) a clever-ass or B) intentionally stupid.

Thanks,I'm beginning to get it but....how would they guess who sent it? For the record I'm genuinely not trying to be a) a clever-ass or B) intentionally stupid.

Some people choose to make custom figures or special christmas cards to go along with the present, and this helps identify people's individual styles. It is also possible to guess based on the return address or post office stamp.

Exactly. You can buy something, take it from your collection, make a custom - whatever. Just put some thought into it based on what you know of the person or based on the list they submit (which will be forwarded to the person assigned to play 'Santa' for that individual).

Luke sent me an excellent Black Mask custom and a custom Xmas card last year - wasn't on my list, but easily one of the best prezzies I received.

Here's last year's thread. The 'opening' of presents started around page 11. I think everyone had a good time with it. If you're on the fence about signing up, read thru last year's thread & feel free to lmk if you have questions (or just post them here).

Just put some thought into it based on what you know of the person or based on the list they submit (which will be forwarded to the person assigned to play 'Santa' for that individual).

That's the bit I couldn't figure out. You are assigned someone first ,then you put the thinking-cap on.Right?

That's the bit I couldn't figure out. You are assigned someone first ,then you put the thinking-cap on.Right?

That is correct. You are given their name, address, and a list of things they would be interested in receiving as gifts.

I'd love to be apart of this, but I don't think I could get a good enough gift for someone with my present cash-flow.

Whens the deadline for people joining?

Give me a few weeks to get on my feet and I'll see if I can take part.

EDIT: OK I see its the 31st. I'll try my best to sort something out. I'll post if I'm on or not by then.

I have a question as well.

Was the UK and USA just a short example? will Canadians be kept with Canadians as much as possible as well? and what happens to people that are the only members from their country, like down under for example?

thanks for your time

I have a question as well.

Was the UK and USA just a short example? will Canadians be kept with Canadians as much as possible as well? and what happens to people that are the only members from their country, like down under for example?

thanks for your time

I tried last year to keep people with members in their country.

Now, for someone in Australia, that's going to be difficult because we only have a few members that I'm aware of who reside there. If I don't have multiple people from a particular country, I'd probably talk to the member directly to figure out where they'd want to send to. I'd also check with people who have signed up, to make sure they're ok with the additional shipping charges.

Worst case scenario, I ship to those individuals myself. :D

Thanks for asking!