UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Palz Price & Rarity Guide

buttheadsmate

Palz were the first line of toys I collected & I still have a lot of affection for them so I thought it was perhaps time to

promote them .

First of all I'll try & list everything I know that was released by Palisades. As some of you may know Palisades'ex- head honcho is the guy who now runs a well-known ebay-store which has every single Palz character ever produced for sale but I have no affiliation with that store (or any other) but I felt it apt to include ,initially,his current prices (1.10.10) which may or may not indicate the comparitive rarity of the entire range. Those prices are indicated thus $$.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer .

Series One

Buffy $14.99

Xander $24.99

Willow $18.99

Giles $39.99

Darla $17.99

The Master $13.99

Darla Variant (repaint) $

Collect all these & create Sunnydale Cemetry :blink:

Series Two

Buffy $22.99

Cordelia $16.99

Oz $39.99

Jenny Calendar $24.99

Spike $44.99

Drusilla $39.99

Oz Variant (repaint) $57.99

Collect all these & make the 'Judge' :huh:

The Judge $74.99

Exclusives

Buffy Previews Test Shot (Wizard World Chicago 2004) $67.99

Angel (Previews) $14.99

'Nightmares Vampire Buffy' (Toyfare) $14.99

Cemetry Boxset - Buffy,Xander, Willow (Musicland Group) $44.99

'Harsh Light of Day' Shirtless Spike (Inkworks Redemption) $47.99

'Nightmares' 2 pk. - Xander & dusted Vamp (Palisades Collector's Club) $149.99

Halloween' 4 pk. -Buffy,Xander,Willow & Cordelia (AFX) $39.99

Spike Repaint (Wizard World Philadelphia 2005) $134.99

Oz 'Wild at heart' (SDCC 2005) $47.99

Kendra (Palisades Direct) $24.99

Monsters #1 -Marcie Ross,The Anointed One & Der Kinderstod (Palisades Direct) $39.99

Gentlemen 4 pk. (Wizard World Chicago 2005) $24.99

Angel Wizard World Chicago 2005 Give-away $34.99 300 produced (source-Corndogcollectibles)

The X-Files

Series One

The Conundrum $18.99

Deep Throat $34.99

Donnie Pfaster $16.99

Gray Alien $19.99

Melvin Frohike $43.99

Mulder $42.99

Scully $44.99

Sunglasses Mulder Variant $39.99

Gagged Scully Variant $69.99

Donnie Pfaster Variant $47.99

The Flukeman (McFarlane Club) $33.99

Series Two (blind-boxed)

Dana Scully FBI Field Jacket(1:8) $37.99

Fox Mulder FBI Field Jacket(1:8) $37.99

Assistant Director Skinner (18:) $19.99

George Peacock (1:8) $9.99

Newborn 'Attack' Alien(1:8) $10.99

Eugene Victor Tooms (1:8) $9.99

Cigarette Smoking Man (1:16) $38.99

'X' (1:16) $38.99

Special Agent Fox Mulder 'Reynard Muldrake' (1:32) $47.99

Cigarette Smoking Man 'Raul Bloodworth' (1:32) $47.99

Special Agent Dana Scully 'QuanticoForensic Training'(1:64) $72.99

Walter Skinner 'Field Operations' (1:64) $57.99

Marita Covarrubias(1:64) $59.99

Alex Krycek (1:64) $124.99

Exclusives Apparently only 200 of each were released (source -Corndogcollectibles)

The Conundrum SDCC 2005 $

Scully & Skinner ,black test shot promos, Toy Fair International 2005 $44.99

Die Hard

John McClane (1:8) $42.99

Karl (1:8) $9.99

Tony (1:8) $8.99

Hans Gruber (1:8) $18.99

Sgt.Al Powell (1:8) $11.99

Holly Generro (1:8) $11.99

Yippee-Kai-Yay John McClane (1:16) $21.99

'Showdown' Hans Gruber (1:16) $37.99

Argyle (1:32) $12.99

Ellis (1:32) $9.99

Agent Johnson (1:64) $39.99

Special Agent Johnson (1:64) $42.99

HO-Ho-Ho Tony (1:64) $24.99

'Showdown' John McClane (1:64) $37.99

I leave it you to decide what you will from that list ,it is not my wish to promote or denigrate the seller but it would be impossible to ignore his pricing.

I'll be adding my thoughts at a later date .

Edited by buttheadsmate

It's funny that the BTVS cemetary set would rate that high of a price. It was the 2nd set I purchased (the first being the haloween set) back when it was released & it almost turned me off Palz altogether. Poor QC & really shoddy, IMHO.

Compared to the others, I mean. I kept the tombstones & turned the rest into spare parts.

I was in two minds whether to publish those prices but I find their comparative prices to each other fascinating. The seller must be the authority on Palz & we can perhaps deduce that the higher priced items are the most desirable &/or rare & the lowest priced items the least desirable &/or common. Oddly enough however certain 'common' items seem to have similar values to some of the chase figures notably the 'Die hard' John McClane common (1:8) which apparently is worth more than the 'Showdown' (1:64) ?

I have watched Palz ebay auctions closely for the last couple of months although I have always browsed through them over the years & there still seems to be a market for them but like most other toy lines.... a deflated market .

For the moment I can't really argue with youbastards' rule of thumb .

• 2 weeks later...
Holy crap BHM! I just broke the arm off my Scully FBI Field Uniform figure. WAAAHHHH!!!

The 'one-armed Scully FBI Field Uniform ' variant is currently available from Cornholiocollectibles (the UK subsidiary of Buttheadsmates ,Palz & kubricks Inc.) for approx. $38 ....some $15 above the 'Guide' price of $23 for a complete version. I suggest breaking off the other arm & placing it on ebay with a BIN of $56.

Trust No One but me Shane.

The Superglue Is Out There!

She got glued last night. The break is at the torso. The arm connector post broke off at the torso and I glued it back. I now can't move that arm for fear of it snapping again. She is my only Palz...

• 3 years later...

Palz were the first line of toys I collected & I still have a lot of affection for them so I thought it was perhaps time to

promote them .

First of all I'll try & list everything I know that was released by Palisades. As some of you may know Palisades'ex- head honcho is the guy who now runs a well-known ebay-store which has every single Palz character ever produced for sale but I have no affiliation with that store (or any other) but I felt it apt to include ,initially,his current prices (1.10.10) which may or may not indicate the comparitive rarity of the entire range. Those prices are indicated thus $$.

blah

blah

blah

I leave it you to decide what you will from that list ,it is not my wish to promote or denigrate the seller but it would be impossible to ignore his pricing.

I'll be adding my thoughts at a later date .

Years later & I've not added my thoughts about pricing but I have noticed lately that supplies of these things have just about dried up on ebay .

Years later & I've not added my thoughts about pricing but I have noticed lately that supplies of these things have just about dried up on ebay .

I only ever pay attention to one seller (bigsnowtradingco) -- it's where I've been getting my spares/etc & his prices are pretty fair.