Danny

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

I know that lately the Ultimates wave had been getting a lot of flak, but for some reason the SHIELD agents from this wave now rank highly among my favorite Marvel army builders. Maybe it's because I can manage to find so many of them loose, or that they can also double as generic real-life soldiers, but I really love these guys.

A couple things about the SHIELD agent review:

- chest piece is actually a reuse from the Platoon set. The HYDRA agents 2 waves later also sport them.

- the "bright" camouflage print actually looks like it's based on desert camo, so it's not as implausible as you think.

- rifle is a reuse of movie Assault Punisher's. Personally I'm not a fan of it, grip is too thick for Minimate hands.

All in all though, great bang-up reviews as usual guys!

Cheers NR. I always appreciate your comments and criticisms. Even when they're pointing out my mistakes. ;) Makes me try harder next time.

I just got back from my hol's today, and went to check out the precious things... So when I was looking on my shelves I compared the Shield agents with the platoon 'mates and the hydra agents... and the chest pieces are actually all different.

I find it rather funny that this set is reviewed when I'm reight now trying to track down a dupe Ult Cap for a custom/quick custom I'm working on ;)

- rifle is a reuse of movie Assault Punisher's. Personally I'm not a fan of it, grip is too thick for Minimate hands.

I was about to bring up the bit in bold myself. To be honest I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned in the review, as I though it's something that should have been highlighted. I've taken to having my hold the gun by the end of the rifle to prevent hand warping.

I agree it's a shame we didn't get either a matching paint job on the under shirt or perhaps an alternativel set of undershirt/vest arms. It looked to me like he was going to have a vest/-t-shirt but for whatever reason we never got he alternative arms to go with it.

Yo, Danny. Wanted to let you know i recentlywent to the Central to take a look at your old Silver Centurion/Classic IM review and compare to the new SC. Only when i got there, the 1st Appearance IM was replaced with the "new" Classic IM. I'm guessing it's because they have the same name.

Thought i'd let ya know!!

Thanks for letting me know TFF, due to my unorganised naming structure for pictures sometimes this happens. It did before with a Cylon Commander but I don't think anyone noticed hehe.

Following up on that, having attempted this a small handful of times, my hat really goes off to Danny and Rad for having the endurance to keep at it, and for consistently pumping out quality reviews. Those reviews and pictures take (or at least took me) a lot of freakin' time and effort. What you guys have done and continue to do is really admirable.

Edited by karamazov80

Look, Rad's getting old and his eyes aren't what they used to be ;)

That was a good excuse 20 years ago, but it's high time we put Rad in a home now, eh Danny?? ;)

Just messing around, of course. I actually used to stop by the site every two or three weeks or so. Now i feel i need to stop by every few days just to keep up to date on reviews!! You guys have been really quick lately, and the reviews are still going strong. Keep up the good work guys. :)

I'd say they looked like more of a light blue or teal.

Put it down to my colour blindness then. Quick get the colour police. Burn the reviewer, burn him! ;)

Either you are or I am, cause they look straight light blue to me. ;)

I'd say they looked like more of a light blue or teal.

Put it down to my colour blindness then. Quick get the colour police. Burn the reviewer, burn him! ;)

Either you are or I am, cause they look straight light blue to me. ;)

It's genuine. I am colourblind, not an excuse but an explanation. I quite often have to ask my wife what a certain colour is when I'm writing up a review. In this case I didn't bother as those strides look purple to me.

I have really been enjoying Rad's reviews and they are making me look at the Ultimates wave in a different light (he's reviewing them because I didn't pick them up at the time).

Thanks for all the kind words as always, there may be one or two issues now and again but we do try hard to keep the reviews going consistently!

• 1 month later...

Just reading the new review, the Hydra Agents chest piece isn't new! it s a reuse/repaint of emil blonsky's from the Hulk Movie Wave.

and this has been nigling me for ages, Captain america's hair piece in the Invader set isn't the same as The Civil War Cap. CW Cap has what i think is a unique piece so far(as in hasn't been used on any other mates yet) while Invader Cao has captain kirks hairpiece in blond. they can be told apart by well looking at them, CW cap's is more straight and rigid as well as the back has a more flat appearance while Invaders(which is the same as the heros boxset) has a more rounded and compact hairpiece

sorry for the long complaint but it really irks me for some reason

p.s. don't know if this has been mentioned, but Captain Bucky's hair piece is a reuse of IM Mark II and III from the Iron Man 1 movie wave

p.p.s. apart from these small things i think you guys are great, keep up the good work

Edited by JoeyCrypts

To be fair, with hundreds of Minimates and lots of variants of the main Marvel characters it can get a bit confusing when trying to identify parts reuse. I'm sure there are more mistakes than just the ones you mention!

Rad, just read you're review of Black Panther and Storm. I'm not going to argue the score, cause i think he's a borig character anyway, but i DO think you dropped the ball on him; there's a huge omission in the review and that's the ability to remove the cape, gauntlets, and belt in order to make Classic Black Panther. Both the wrists and the crotch have detail on them stated explicitly for this purpose, and i think it makes the figure itself a little more worthwhile knowing it's two-in-one and satisfies fans of old and new.

I liked the Black Panther and Storm review and came to comment on making Black Panther into classic but someone beat me to it. One thing to say though is I think the mask is the same mask as the Zomie Black Panther mask. It sounded like you were talking about it as a new piece so I thought I would mention it to see if anyone could confirm it.

wow 4 out of 10 for T'challa seems a little harsh. I'm not saying he's a perfect 'mate by any stretch, but being able to take of his cape, gauntlets and crotch piece and find a classic version underneath made this fig a win for me.

wow 4 out of 10 for T'challa seems a little harsh. I'm not saying he's a perfect 'mate by any stretch, but being able to take of his cape, gauntlets and crotch piece and find a classic version underneath made this fig a win for me.

What ID said for me too.