UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Unreleased DCD Minimates Designs

Punisher

If you like Baker's Plastic Man (which I do), you owe it to yourself to try and track down some of the DC Archives of the old Jack Cole material from the Golden Age. I don't think it's hyperbole to say that it's one of the greatest superhero comics of all time.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, I'm gonna have to check that out! I've got a whole lotta love for the madness that is Plas!

Also, have you seen him in The Brave and the Bold? Man, I love that show!

There is no action figure that could ever be made that would encompass even the tiniest fraction of what Plas can do.

I'm so gutted that all the good DC Classics figures are con exclusives. Lobo now goes for about 90 bucks, and so does

Plas. Not fair, man!

You can actually get the older DC Archives very cheap these days. In Stock Trades has loads of them for half off, and you can find even better prices on Amazon. Plastic Man is one of the Golden Age series (along with, I'd say, the Spirit, Batman, and Captain Marvel) that has aged really well and can still be enjoyed by a modern audience. Plas is a bit different in these stories then you're used to, much more the straight man in a crazy world then he's been portrayed in the last few decades. Still, great, great comics.

• 3 weeks later...

I really do agree that DC minimates were ahead of their times. When I look at them I really do see them as laying alot of the foundation for the way the newer marvel designs. The one thing that Marvel has yet to adopt is going to the 3 inch Minimate for characters like Apocalypse, Abomination, Wendigo, Etc. and I hope they reconsider when they renew the license and review the restrictions.

• 7 years later...