UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thor 2 coming Nov 2013, Will we get minimates?

monkeycrumb

The Wrecking Crew might be a 'hard sell' Zach but I can think of many other 'harder sells' that got made into Minimates this year . I often play the game of 'would I personally finance them & not lose my shirt?' & although I perhaps wouldn't put my shirt on the Wrecking Crew I most certainly would on an Executioner/Enchantress 2 pack.

I really never got over the weakest attempt of a new Minimate that I or anyone else will ever see , the Kronan Stone Man,& I'm pretty sure why those guys have tapered heads.......

Thor could do with better nemeses than the aforementioned little sh*ts.

Yeah, I can't believe how weak it was that we cleverly made a classic Thor villain from 1962 (and a major Hulk supporting character from the last ten years) using a Thing body. dry.png

If there wasn't a suggestion on this board for how to cleverly make him before we ACTUALLY made him (there may have been), I'm sure someone would have suggested it by now if we hadn't.

So weak. down.gif

Guys, suggest a comic Thor wave to Ask DST. Throw out specific classic Thor characters you can't believe we don't have. Chuck loves old Marvel Comics. I'm not saying Ulik is a no brainer, or Hela, but Enchantress? Executioner? We just announced a Master of Evil, so why not more?

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the biggest problem with the Kronan was how closely the color matched to Thing. If they had been a darker brown or even the original green, they would have stood out from being Thing re-use parts a little more.

kronanst2.jpg

5657.Saturn_2D00_stone_2D00_men_5F00_300

Okay, that's not true, the biggest problem with the Kronan is the Groucho Marx face. teehee.gif

fig1335h250.jpg

I've never been a Thor fan so I can't add much to this discussion except to say that if AA/DST makes the figures look cool (as usual), I'm sure they'll do fine.

I kinda liked the little orange turd guys. Of course, thanks to my ignorance, I didn't realize they were supposed to be 8 feet tall and only have three toes per foot but we all know how that goes.

I think the biggest problem with the Kronan was how closely the color matched to Thing. If they had been a darker brown or even the original green, they would have stood out from being Thing re-use parts a little more.

But according to Marvel, their skin is orange and their hide resembles that of The Thing. Marvel is all over the place when it comes to approving product submissions, in my experience. Maybe this week they wouldn't have approved a darker orange or green no matter how authentic. I think it has to do with the phase of the moon.

Blah-blah-blah We just announced a Master of Evil, blah-blah-blah

Iiiiiiiii'm sorry?!? What did you just say? Clearly I have missed a crucial announcement somwhere!!!

Oh, heh, somehow what I missed was a total lack of 's' at the end of 'Master'. Given that, you can understand my confusion/excitement.

We actually already have bits and pieces of several versions of the Masters, but nothing approaching a full lineup.

You forgot Grey Gargoyle, Mr. Hyde, the afore mentioned Wrecking Crew, Mongoose, and Quicksand, just so the Midgard side of Thor's Rogues' Gallery is represented.wink.png

Sorry, my head was clearly in "Asgardian mode", thanks for the help there. tongue.png

Oh and while we are discussing him, I actually liked the stone man - he was a case of a minimate I never expected to see so came as one of those pleasant surprises DST throws at us from time to time!

Guys, suggest a comic Thor wave to Ask DST. Throw out specific classic Thor characters you can't believe we don't have. Chuck loves old Marvel Comics. I'm not saying Ulik is a no brainer, or Hela, but Enchantress? Executioner? We just announced a Master of Evil, so why not more?

Chuck always seems pretty receptive to some of the more well known (relatively speaking) Thor characters. I kinda recall him saying he'd like to see the Warrior's Three, Executioner, and Enchantress. And I would too. So, Mystery Man, let me know when you start your Ask DST push. I'll definitely let my voice be heard.

As for Thor 2 'mates, I really hope Hogun and Fandral make the cut. Hopefully they'll get additional screen time in Thor 2 to justify being in the regular assortments. Based on what's been announced, it looks like we have the potential for some good stuff: Hogun, Fandral, Heimdall, Malekith, Kurse, and Tyr. Maybe some dark elf army builders. I'm definitely more looking forward to Thor 2 'mates than IM3.

The Wrecking Crew might be a 'hard sell' Zach but I can think of many other 'harder sells' that got made into Minimates this year . I often play the game of 'would I personally finance them & not lose my shirt?' & although I perhaps wouldn't put my shirt on the Wrecking Crew I most certainly would on an Executioner/Enchantress 2 pack.

I really never got over the weakest attempt of a new Minimate that I or anyone else will ever see , the Kronan Stone Man,& I'm pretty sure why those guys have tapered heads.......

Yeah, I can't believe how weak it was that we cleverly made a classic Thor villain from 1962 (and a major Hulk supporting character from the last ten years) using a Thing body. dry.png

If there wasn't a suggestion on this board for how to cleverly make him before we ACTUALLY made him (there may have been), I'm sure someone would have suggested it by now if we hadn't.

So weak. down.gif

They are also appearing in Marvel's new Avengers game for Iphone... so there's some more activity to raise their profile.

I'd never heard fo them before - but i kind of like that Minimates are broadening my knowledge of the MU smile.png

At the same time - they weren't a character i was holding out for.

Still, i do like that obscure stuff sneaks into the line reasonably often.

And can i just say, 'Hell Yes' to a Hela Minimate!!!

Edited by Nessex

So weak. down.gif

Over 1500 different minimates lie in my & many other collections so I can't promise to love them all ,sorry!

I could've whipped the head off of a Thing Minimate & replace it with ....words fail me....but I wouldn't have called it 'clever' .

I didn't want to hit a nerve Zach but if we're talking 'clever' let's please have just one 'Thing' that has every body part the same bloody colour.....that wouldn't be that 'clever' either , 'clever' might be achieved if 2 Pantone books were involved ......one in Timonium & one in the Quangdong Province factory..... preferably new ones with the same 'sell by date' that match. For those that might not know ,Pantone is a colour- matching system. The only Thing Minimate that matches in most respects is the Stone Man .

What I was really trying to say was.....& it has not obviously traveled well.....I,personally,without the need for immense fellow-boardee-post approval can't figure out WTF certain characters are considered a 'hard sell' whilst other characters like 'Thing with a different head' is a 'clever sure-fire winner'?

I hate knocking Minimate characters & have intense distaste at making my point like this but bloody hell in the scale of things I do it rarely.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Sounds a good plan. I'm with you all the way!

Chuck always seems pretty receptive to some of the more well known (relatively speaking) Thor characters. I kinda recall him saying he'd like to see the Warrior's Three, Executioner, and Enchantress. And I would too. So, Mystery Man, let me know when you start your Ask DST push. I'll definitely let my voice be heard.

As for Thor 2 'mates, I really hope Hogun and Fandral make the cut. Hopefully they'll get additional screen time in Thor 2 to justify being in the regular assortments. Based on what's been announced, it looks like we have the potential for some good stuff: Hogun, Fandral, Heimdall, Malekith, Kurse, and Tyr. Maybe some dark elf army builders. I'm definitely more looking forward to Thor 2 'mates than IM3.

Consider my push started. I just shot off he following to "Ask DST":

Hi!

I'd like to put the bug in your ear regarding classic comic book versions of the

following Thor characters:

Hogun, Fandral, Volstagg, Heimdall, Enchantress, Executioner, Hela, Mr. Hyde, Cobra, Grey Gargoyle.

I think the Jack Kirby designs from their early appearances would be colorful, fun and compliment the existing comic-book Thor minimates. Any of these characters may or may not get made in "Thor 2" movie assortments... but the comic book versions really stand out in my mind as some incredibly unique costumes that would translate wonderfully to Minimate designs.

I'll even lend you guys my copy of "The Mighty Thor" Omnibus featuring all these characters from the beginning of Thor's stories at Marvel if it'll help. Seriously.

Thank you for your consideration,

Matt

There are plenty others I'd like... but I'm a Silver Age fool, so that's what gets my love.

And yes, it's 10 characters... 2 more than a what a regular series encompasses. But I don't get to do the planning on 'mates... just the wishing for characters from the 1960's. thumbsup.gif

Edited by Mystery Man

For the Wrecking Crew, why not put half in one TRU wave, and the other half in the next one. DST was able to make Jean DeWolfe by packing her with Spider-Man, the Crew has to be at least as marketable as Jean. Wrecker/Some Spider-Man variant, Thunderball/Bulked up Grey Hulk, you get the idea. Just an idea, I love what DST has been doing lately, I have no complaints.

Wrecker/Iron Man (they fought in Acts of Vengeance)

Bulldozer/Spider-Man (fought when Franklin quit the Crew and joined the Secret Empire)

Piledriver/Luke Cage (teams have fought each other a bunch since Secret Invasion)

Bulldozer/Thor (just cause)

And count me in on the Classic Thor character campaign.

Wrecker/Iron Man (they fought in Acts of Vengeance)

Bulldozer/Spider-Man (fought when Franklin quit the Crew and joined the Secret Empire)

Piledriver/Luke Cage (teams have fought each other a bunch since Secret Invasion)

Bulldozer/Thor (just cause)

And count me in on the Classic Thor character campaign.

A thousand times yes. They could make the Iron Man 2020 from the poll, a new 2099 Spidey, we desperately need a new Luke Cage, and.....Frog Thor?

Take my money!!!

Shoot, Valo, they don't have to dig that deep. Iron Man has two new armors, Thor has a new costume too, Luke Cage desperately needs updating, Spider-Man wore a new armored costume relatively recently.

And those suggestions don't have to be in a single wave. One per TRU or LCS wave, or even every other wave, and I'd be fine with it. As long as we got all four.

Other choices- Captain America (took only an amped up Wrecker one-on-one as part of the Mansion Siege), Hawkeye (famously buried an arrow in Piledriver's shoulder during the Secret War), Hercules or She-Hulk (the Crew, with lots of help, beat of both of them within an inch of death in the Mansion Siege and Secret Wars stories respectively), and they participated in several attempted hero beat downs during the Dark Reign and Siege story working for the Hood, so any A-lister that participated in any of those could serve.

Don't know if I should start a new thread for this or what but its among the same theme as this thread.

Are we getting 'mates based on The Wolverine? It's coming out in five months.

Silver Samurai, Yukio, Viper (Madam Hydra) and Shingen Yashida could all become Minimates, and we could get a new Mariko.

Darn, I miss NorthRaider the most at times like these. She would do whatever magic she knew how to work on the search box and boom we'd know for sure, but I am prety sure there is a Wolverine 2 thread buried somewhere around here.

I'm curious what every here thinks would be acceptable for Frog-Thor

My personal choice would be as a PVC to-scale "accessory-piece" (like Lockheed or Snarf) instead of a full sized minimate due to the scale. For everyone else asking for Fro Thor, what is it you want :

1) to-scale mini piece OR

2) full size minimate?

Yeah, just like they did that cool blue chick in the Halo line. I'm still disappointed that he didn't make it into the wave 50 poll. I just think Zach didn't want to put him up against his precious werewolf Captain America because everybody knows FROG THOR KICKS WEREWOLF CAPTAIN AMERICA'S ASS!!!!!!!