UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Necessary Redos / Popular Redos

Valo487

if I had to pick, I'd go new character. Its a new guy, and his costume is new, isn't it?

I may well have got it wrong, but I did think this thread was intended to be, which mates 'need' a straight re-do; same guy, same costume, just brought up to date with new details and tooling.

'if the first attempt at a character doesn't hold up now compared to current 'mates'... so the likes of Luke Cage as Power Man, Blonsky as Abomination (but not Rick Jones as A-Bomb, etc). I'd say an existing character is a slightly different costume shouldn't really count either, as it isn't really a re-do, but a character variant (as much as I'd love them, I wouldn't have thought a black and yellow Wasp, or Amazing Bag-Man would really belong in here).

I don't know, just saying... otherwise it all ends up being yet another wishlist thread.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gottcha.

In that case I'd say Luke Cage as Power Man holds up much better that New Avengers Cage, so if gven a choice between them, the modern look badly needs a redo.

DST can say whatever they want on the package, but NA Luke Cage is NOT Luke Cage. Ever since I got him he's been just "Random Henchman" and he's going to stay that way.

And I'd definitely say Scarlet Spider is his own character, although I'd guess if we get one it will be the new one, not the original.

I too, would definitely want a new Luke Cage before a Power Man. I removed the original's beenie, trimmed his whiskers, gave him him a yellow shirt and all manner of different jeans. Still rubbish... I could not save him!

I kinda like this "new" one. Sure, I'm just waiting for the "real" Scarlet Spider to turn up in some Oscorp subbasement somewhere. But the current title holder is an interesting character in his own right. JMO.

The thing that kills me about 90s Beast is the hair. I ditched his bulky chest piece because it was slightly off-color and totally restricted his arm movement. Beast needs to be able to raise his arms. But if you get rid of the chest piece then his hair is way too big (I think it's still too big with the chest piece on, but definitely with it off). So it bums me out that this version is so close to perfect that I don't really need a new Beast, just a new hair piece. And to me the Friends and Foes Black Cat is also near perfect - just needed a better flesh tone on her chest.

I generally agree with what the list so far. It would be awesome if someone compiled a list and dropped it on the first page for quick reference... Not me, but someone else :grin:

Oh, let me add another to my list... Firestar.

See the first one is a miss-match of costumes, the yellow with red gloves/boots first appearance costume had a flared mask similar to the one on the Star Sapphire minimate. The face mask like the Firestar minimate has belongs with her Avengers era costume. And she has the Dark Phoenix hair piece. That only should qualify her for a new mate as an apology for using it.

Not sure. She featured pretty heavily in MUA2 (which i FINALLY got around to playing last week(, but that game has to be a few years old now.

I do agree that she deserves better than the Farrah Fawcett-Dark Phoenix hair she got (even though she technically had it first). And as Miry said - her costume is a bit mis-matched.

Well she's not currently dead, but she's not appearing regularly in any book I know of. They had her sluming with some fifth raters recently. She's shown up in crowd shots during big events and such. Angelica's still wearing the outfit Jan designed for her.

And she and Vance broke up... but that was a while ago.

Wasn't she (Firestar) sick in the Marvel Divas book?

Oh, somebody else I'd add that I don't think's been mentioned yet: Black Panther. I just don't think they nailed him the first time around. Maybe it's because the slip-on mask looks too big if you display him as Panther Classic... like I do. But the ears on the mask just aren't right. I'd like to see a new T'Challa, with a midnight blue/black color scheme (like Wildcat) and maybe a mask kind of like the Destroyer: face is a tampo on a regular Minimate head, with the ears a sculpted piece fitting in the hair peg hole (if that makes any sense).

Firestar recently starred in the New Allies books (which i bought the trade of to keep my Gravity collection up to date, which to be fair isn't all that difficuly, poor poor Greg Willis).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a completionist, and own every marvel mate, and while I do agree with most if not all the ones brought up in this thread...

As an X-Men fan, the two which stick out like sore thumbs to me are Mystique and White Queen.

Mystique looks horribly dated... the movie one from last year isn't bad, but is by no means a definitive Mystique.

Original White Queen looks horribly dated... Astonishing is a little better, but suffers from being a parts re-use figure, and thus not as good as it could have been. Furthermore, my Astonishing's plastic started to yellow, and I bought a BRAND NEW still packaged replacement, and even the new one was slightly yellow (not as bad as my one that was opened for years, but slightly) ... So the Astonishing crop out there seem to be hitting an age threshold where their whiteness is fading... and the Movie from last year, again, is less than definitive. (Closer than Mystique, but still off).

Just throwing in 2 cents on the Luke Cage discussion, I'd prefer a new Power Man to a new Luke Cage. I've always gravitated more toward codenames and costumes than "Civilian" heroes. "Hero" personas, as it were. Notice who I didn't refer to as "Emma Frost" in my last paragraph... lol...

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I think now that we're getting all those new symbiote parts in the Venom TTA set we'll be getting a new Carnage soon, but he'll be more sculpted than tampoed.

Agreed. It's been mentioned a few times recently that Tampos turn out to be very expensive. The original Carnage my look like a simple minimate, but he was covered on every side with Tampos.

It'd like to see him re-released just to see how they handled him now, but i still think the wave 2 one is pretty close to perfect.