UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Horror classics blind box figures?

Latley I've been on a horror kick and apon re-watching texas chainsaw massacre, I realized how cute would a tiny leatherface look.

I know funko has something similar but I hate the stylized look of them.

I just think dst can hit it out the park!

Scream is miramax so ghost face can't be that hard to get.

Or maybe something like this was mentioned and I missed it?

I think this would work great at stores like Spencer's & hot topic. What do you guys think?

Edited by Roccothegreat

Disclaimer: I hate blind packaging.

I don't think this is the kind of assortment that would work with blind boxes. A fan of Scream isn't necessarily a fan of all other horror/slasher films. Someone hoping for a Scream Ghost isn't going to be thrilled to get a Leatherface instead. With TMNT, it's the same property.

I do like the idea of HorrorMates™, for lack of a better moniker.

I am a horror fan, so I would love them. However, we are possibly talking about licenses from several different orgs and it seems tough enough to deal with just one org...

New Line has Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, Evil Dead, and Chucky in some incarnations. That would be the place to go if DST wanted to do Horror 'Mates (which they should, blind box or no blind box).

I would absolutely love these. I made some horror customs a few years ago, and I have often thought about revisiting them. I agree that blind boxes would be a tough sell with this type of release because of all the various licenses. Also with something like this, I would want a LOT of cool accessories, and we never seem to get that with the single-packed figures. How about 2-packs, with one set from each franchise? Some suggestions:

• Jason Voorhees (bag head version from Part 2) / Jason Voorhees (hockey mask version from Part 3)
  • Michael Myers / Dr. Loomis (from Halloween)
  • Pinhead / Chatterer Cenobite (from Hellraiser)
  • Freddy Krueger / New Nightmare Freddy (Nightmare on Elm Street)
  • Ash / Evil Ash (Army of Darkness)
  • Leatherface / Tuxedo Leatherface (Texas Chainsaw Massacre)

I would absolutely love these. I made some horror customs a few years ago, and I have often thought about revisiting them. I agree that blind boxes would be a tough sell with this type of release because of all the various licenses. Also with something like this, I would want a LOT of cool accessories, and we never seem to get that with the single-packed figures. How about 2-packs, with one set from each franchise? Some suggestions:

• Jason Voorhees (bag head version from Part 2) / Jason Voorhees (hockey mask version from Part 3)

What about heroes/victims, though?

Laurie with Michael, Nancy with Freddy, etc.?

What about heroes/victims, though?

Laurie with Michael, Nancy with Freddy, etc.?

I considered that, but I think a line like this would be most successful if it focused on the most visually interesting characters. I was just thinking of what a casual collector might want. With that said, I love all of these properties, and I would love heroes/victims as well. :)

• 3 months later...

I'd like both a trademarked character line as well as a nice, generic line of monsters. Devil, ghosts, witch, skeleton, etc.

More monsters!

I was just thinking about this over the weekend, if some 'mates lines are going to be blind bagged, I'd love to see a line featuring cool characters from Horror movies that might not be able to support a whole wave. Would I buy a Scream box set? Absolutely, but I know a lot more people would be interested in Ghostface only. The Funko Sci-Fi assortment has lots of characters that would be great to see as 'mates. Judge Dredd! Robocop!!

I also think it would be really cool to see a line of more generic characters, kind of like what Lego does with their blind bags but not as silly. Monsters, various occupations, whatnot.

Going with the generic monsters, if DST makes Skeletons, I will buy.

Apparently even Minimate skulls will get my attention, Case in point: Pathfinder. I know nothing about it and I wasn't interested after seeing the first box set......then I saw the skull one of the two packs came with and was very intrigued, I then saw I could make a Skeletor and that one of the characters looked like a Deadite from Army of Darkness, now there's two two packs being shipped to me.....still don't really care about Pathfinder.

Same here: Pathfinder. Unfamiliar with the license but I love the looks of the figures and the generic monsters.

I'd love more in that fashion.

Shit, a 4-pack of a classic skeleton, green-faced witch, red devil and ghost-inna-sheet (with a full ghost-person body underneath) would be the bee's knees and the cat's ass. I'd army build the hell outta that.

Edited by Mystery Man

If they kept the bags going instead of boxes I could see stuff like this working with retailers. MAX coming back in a bag format, Halloween related max characters around Halloween could be cool.

What if max was blind bagged like Lego minifigs and they did 3-4 assortmens a year and had generic characters and seasonal characters and the diversity of the Lego minifig? That would be great!

The whole point of the Lego blind figs was to put out characters from a theme that might not do well on its own, minimates could do characters from lines that wouldn't do well on their own.