UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Mega Man Minimates Prototypes

Those look horrible to me (Kubricks might even look better), and even though they look to have actual Minimate bases, since the guy only refers to Jazware, I'm guessing that company would have been the one to produce them. Thus making them Minimate-like block figures similar to the I-Men or something. That's sort of what they look like there, anyway.

Hmmm... I've never heard of AA producing prototypes of megaman minimates.

Let me see if I can get DST to spill some beans on this, I suspect they are "other block figures" that happen to have borrowed some minimate parts for the prototypes?

T.

Those.Are.Not.Minimates.

How Dare He Claims Those Are Minimates!

Actually, it's a bit of a compliment that he uses the term "Minimates." He could have said "Lego" or "Kubrick". Instead, he chose Minimates as the default term for block figures. Which means our little plastic friends are moving up in the world.

Actually, it's a bit of a compliment that he uses the term "Minimates." He could have said "Lego" or "Kubrick". Instead, he chose Minimates as the default term for block figures. Which means our little plastic friends are moving up in the world.

Kubrick or Minimate ......sometimes even AFX aren't sure http://cgi.ebay.com/Marvel-Minimate-WEB-AR...=item518f6d7a22

The Japs seem to use 'kubrick' as the generic term for brick figures ......seems right that the US should use 'Minimate' .

I'm not sure whether either name is officially registered?

These guys in the picture look very similar to many anime kubrick figures yet are clearly more articulate.

Kubrick or Minimate ......sometimes even AFX aren't sure http://cgi.ebay.com/Marvel-Minimate-WEB-AR...=item518f6d7a22

The Japs seem to use 'kubrick' as the generic term for brick figures ......seems right that the US should use 'Minimate' .

I'm not sure whether either name is officially registered?

These guys in the picture look very similar to many anime kubrick figures yet are clearly more articulate.

Awesome.

Oops.....something I inherited from my dad I'm afraid ......totally no offense meant or should be taken.

Whilst my father ,a Royal Navy Commando didn't single-handedly win the WW2 Burma campaign ,I believe he had a fair bit to do with changing the minds of the Japanese in his particular area ;)

I know I'm just messing with you. Thats pretty awesome about your Dad. All my Dad ever did is leave my Mom to raise me and my brothers alone....................... for a guy.

Those.Are.Not.Minimates.

This Is Not Correct Typing. :P

Beat me to it! :P

Anyway, its possible that hey were a collaboration (i.e. AA and DCD) that went horribly wrong. :confused:

Definitely fake. Look at the Professor guy.

Edited by super spider piggy

Those.Are.Not.Minimates.

This Is Not Correct Typing. :P

Beat me to it! :P

Anyway, its possible that hey were a collaboration (i.e. AA and DCD) that went horribly wrong. :confused:

Definitely fake. Look at the Professor guy.

Seriously Who Cares About The Way I Type?And You Dont Know Who That Proffessor Guy Is?Thats Dr. Wily!