UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Secret Santa 2010 is shutting down

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sent my package off this morning and I have a funny story to go along with it.

The lady at the post looked at my package and said "That is a funny name for a town." I looked down and saw that, in fact, it is a funny name for a town. Oh 'Cut and Paste', you make me miss so many of the little things in life.

When we ship out our packages, do we identify ourselves inside if we want to? or is the idea anonymity and guessing?

The idea is to leave little clues that can be traced back to you without saying directly who you are.

Then we all guess who our 'Santa' was in the new year :)

The first person to guess correctly gets a special prize. Usually a very rare 'no-prize'. Sometimes, they even get respect . . . but not often :P

Prize nonsense aside - it's kind of fun to try to guess who your santa is from whatever clues they include inside the parcel.

EG: Last year, my Santa included a stick of hard-candy from that was made in the town he's from. I didn't include anything for my child to guess from last year as i had no access to minimates and ordered through lukes, but this year i intend to put a clue in the parcel.

Edited by Nessex

BHM - did you get Santa-ized yet?

Alas no :unsure: I was considered too old & grumpy by the powers that be & so my fate this Christmas is to be cold & lonely with little or no hope of opening a package from the land of plenty. I'm not bitter or too sad ....sniff....sniff..I understand .....I just hope you guys have .....blub...blub........a great time opening .......waaaaaaaaaaahhhhahaaa your presents :sad: I've just unwrapped the little guys that I had intended to send out to my Secret Children .....they too will be heartbroken but .....sniff...blub...sniff ...that's the way it goes!

Happy Christmas .

-buttXmasheadsmate slinks away .......brokenhearted.

my package was sent today the post office got a kick of the secret santa tradition in here they thought it was great!!

BHM - did you get Santa-ized yet?

Alas no :unsure: I was considered too old & grumpy by the powers that be & so my fate this Christmas is to be cold & lonely with little or no hope of opening a package from the land of plenty. I'm not bitter or too sad ....sniff....sniff..I understand .....I just hope you guys have .....blub...blub........a great time opening .......waaaaaaaaaaahhhhahaaa your presents :sad: I've just unwrapped the little guys that I had intended to send out to my Secret Children .....they too will be heartbroken but .....sniff...blub...sniff ...that's the way it goes!

Happy Christmas .

-buttXmasheadsmate slinks away .......brokenhearted.

Well if all else fails you could get your girlfriend to grab a box from your mega toy vault and post it to your address and pretend someone else sent it... heck given how much stuff you stash I bet you might not have even opened the box before anyway! :D

If really you are secret santa less Rob let me know... I'll talk to some peeps and see if we cant rustle up some sort of surprise for you.

T.

Rob is more like Special Ops Santa this year (he's that secret).

Now I'm picturing someone getting shot in the back of the head with candy canes and sugar plums by a jolly fat man in red and night vision goggles. Which, if it does happen, would make this the coolest Secret Santa even ever.

?Special%20Forces%20Santa.jpg

Rob is more like Special Ops Santa this year (he's that secret).

Now I'm picturing someone getting shot in the back of the head with candy canes and sugar plums by a jolly fat man in red and night vision goggles. Which, if it does happen, would make this the coolest Secret Santa even ever.