UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

C2E2 2016: Multiverse Meetup 2

Lobsterman

I am in. I think we need to regroup about hotel this time. Someone brought up staying in a different area. I am not opposed, but am fond of the Essex and the Pub next door to it. I will need some convincing.

I look forward to seeing everyone again. 10th Anniversary of the Multiverse! Seems like only yesterday. banana.gif

Also, I wonder who is bringing kids/family.

Planning on it. I've talked with my wife about making it a family trip; she probably wouldn't want to go to the con, but my daughter would enjoy it. So if anyone else is bringing the MMMV WAGs and offspring, you might have company.

I so want to do it, but leave from work is so valuable to me, with all the time we have to take for a sick child (such as today--I had to stay home from work) that I can't commit so far into the future. And once I know for sure, I know it will be too late sad.png

I am in. I think we need to regroup about hotel this time. Someone brought up staying in a different area. I am not opposed, but am fond of the Essex and the Pub next door to it. I will need some convincing.

I look forward to seeing everyone again. 10th Anniversary of the Multiverse! Seems like only yesterday. :banana:

Also, I wonder who is bringing kids/family.

That was most likely me. We stayed at the Marriott on Magnificent Mile last year and it was great because there was plenty to do within walking distance and there was a convention shuttle only a block away. I would definitely recommend this if more family/kids might be attending.

I'm most likely attending, maybe with my brother and nephew. My nephew is 14 and never been to a convention, so I think I convinced my brother to make it a guy's weekend. We'll know more soon.

Don't give me that malarkey!

Hey, just because I've gone the last four years and I'm in driving distance doesn't automatically mean I'm going. There's a chance I might not. Maybe. I mean, yes, I'm probably going to be there, but something might happen.

I have problems with a long-term commitment like this.

I am definitely there! Just let me know where we are all staying and I'm in.

PLMK where you're staying so I can avoid trouble ................

Umm.... I'm not sure anything can help you avoid trouble ...

edit:

I think if we are planning another official meetup, the banquet room in our hotel that was used for the one Luke put together was pretty nice, and a good size for our group. I'm down with wherever though, as long as we can mostly get the same hotel. It made things much better in my opinion.

Edited by Nervous Rex

I am definitely there! Just let me know where we are all staying and I'm in.

PLMK where you're staying so I can avoid trouble ................

I have all of the reservation clerks at all Chicago hotels on alert. As soon as you book a room, I'll automatically have the rooms to the right and left booked. Did I mention I'm bringing a drum machine?

Don't give me that malarkey!

Hey, just because I've gone the last four years and I'm in driving distance doesn't automatically mean I'm going. There's a chance I might not. Maybe. I mean, yes, I'm probably going to be there, but something might happen.

I have problems with a long-term commitment like this.

I will be emailing Mrs. Boyd to let her know your long-term commitment issues... batter.gif

I will be emailing Mrs. Boyd to let her know your long-term commitment issues... batter.gif

She's the exception to the rule.

thumbsup.gif

I will look at the Marriott and see what I think. I was not bothered by the area around the Essex, but I am at the show all day so things to do were not a huge detail for me. The shuttle picks up right outside the doors of the Essex, too. That said, I am adventurous as long as the price stays competitive. I would rather spend my cash at the show than give it all to the hotel.

• 2 weeks later...