UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Secret Santa '09

For those of you who were here the past couple of years and participated, you know how this works. Rules once again are pretty much the same.

For those who either didn't participate or weren't around back then, please read the rules before signing up. You will be held accountable for them if you agree to participate.

Here's how it works:

To participate this year, you must have +5 positive feedback scores or higher in the trading thread. If you qualify, please email reideen1313@yahoo.com the following form with Minimate Multiverse Secret Santa Info as the title (so it doesn't go into my spam folder). This form MUST be submitted no later than 11/23/09 to participate. Names will be distributed the last week of November.

Minimate Multiverse forum name:

Email address you can be contacted at:

Name you want packages sent to:

Address to ship to:

Special shipping instructions (if any):

Are you willing to be a backup volunteer?

Anyone you DON'T want to be assigned to? (I don't care why and won't tell anyone you opted not to get - it would just be nice to know in advance and avoid any potential issues.)

Items you're interested in receiving?

Any other notes/special info you feel we need to pass on to your Santa?

The Rules

The items should be sent no later than the 15th of December. This would allow time for holiday mail (and allow us time to circle the wagons to cover any problems that may pop up). Hopefully everyone would have their item(s) by Xmas.

We will try to have US members send to US members and UK members send to UK members. This will cut down not only on shipping time but additional costs as well. Please be aware, there is a possibility we may have an odd number of participants from either side of the pond, so you may need to send to a foreign member. Every attempt will be made to avoid this, but things happen. If this is a problem, and you absolutely cannot send overseas, please make note of this in your email sign up.

Identity of the sender:

You do not tell people who you got until the final reveal on 12/30/08, or until the person guesses correctly, whichever comes first.

NO trading! You send to the person you're assigned.

Receivers can start guessing the sender as soon as they receive their item(s).

Obviously, if you participate you must send an item.

Regarding non-sending

If you have signed up, and you find you can't fulfill your obligation to send a gift to the other member, be it for financial reasons, health problems, time constraints, or whatever other reasons there might be, it's ok. I understand - things happen. Please, all I ask is that you let me know as soon as possible. I have some volunteers to be backups - so we can get members reassigned and gifted - preferably before Christmas.

I intend for there to be NO disappointments in this, even if it means I send the stuff myself. (Please don't make me do this, I'm paying off my wife's college and I've got 5 children...) I won't be pissed unless you just don't do anything without notifying me or a staff member. If you drop the ball you will not be allowed to participate next year and it will be noted in the master feedback list. As members, we've made this a great community. I want all the members to be able to have faith in one another, and depend on each other to fulfill our obligations.

No maximum dollar limit for the sender - if someone wants to spend lots of $$ on their person, so be it. However, we will have a minimum $$ amount of $10.00 or whatever is equivalent in your country's currency.

Each participant should give a list of items they are interested in - that way everyone isn't looking for Martian Manhunter/Gold Spidey mates. Also, if there's something you don't want (another Wolverine 'mate?) you should state that as well.

Keep it PG-13. No Full Monty 'mates.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also want to pass along this info:

Luke's Toy Store is offering a Secret Santa Gift Pack as part of the MMV Secret Santa event. Anyone who orders from the store and mentions Secret Santa in the comments field during checkout will receive one of these gift packs, which includes a minimate-size snowman or reindeer, a wooden sled, and two candy canes. You can use these to create your own minimate holiday scene!

secretsanta_t.jpg

Click to view larger image

More to come soon!

I'm very interested, but wouldn't know what to put on my list. I've gotten most all Minimates and pick up anything else I'm interested in whenever I find it. Any suggestions from anyone else who's like that?

You could give a list of other things you like... other toys you might collect, movies you might want, what kind of ties you like, your favorite flavor of jerkey, your underwear size :ermm::P

BS

Edited by blacksun1520

I'm very interested, but wouldn't know what to put on my list. I've gotten most all Minimates and pick up anything else I'm interested in whenever I find it. Any suggestions from anyone else who's like that?

You could put any custom figures you might be interested in, just in case your secret santa is one of the many customizers on our board.

You could put any custom figures you might be interested in, just in case your secret santa is one of the many customizers on our board.

That is a great idea luke.

i should have thought of that.

Now I see why you're a mod.

ok im a newb when it comes to secret santa,but do i get to make a christmas themed custom and then submit it to someone I pick?i read the rules but im a little confused because i didnt participate years back

Edited by brobotc

ok im a newb when it comes to secret santa,but do i get to make a cristmas themed custom and then submit it to someone I pick?i read the rules but im a little confused because i didnt participate years back

I swear I try & ignore some stuff but Christ Almighty how can anyone spell Christmas wrong ??? Brobotc ......I know that you are one very accomplished & clever guy because I've seen 'it' & I own some of your work... so please God buck up man !

Edited by buttheadsmate

Woohoo!

I will write my list next week and will join the Santas on the other side of the big water this time :)

And to try to answer your question Brobotc, no, you don't have to come up with a Christmas custom. You see the stuff Reideen wants you to tell? The stuff in green? It says "Items you're interested in receiving?" and that's what you'll get from your Secret Santa kid (?) and - if you can - you should try to find something he or she likes to have. (You can also check out his or her want list or try to involve what you might know about the fellow 'verser.) :D

Woohoo!

I will write my list next week and will join the Santas on the other side of the big water this time :)

And to try to answer your question Brobotc, no, you don't have to come up with a Christmas custom. You see the stuff Reideen wants you to tell? The stuff in green? It says "Items you're interested in receiving?" and that's what you'll get from your Secret Santa kid (?) and - if you can - you should try to find something he or she likes to have. (You can also check out his or her want list or try to involve what you might know about the fellow 'verser.) :D

that is the best explanation thank you!!

I'm in! Anyone know if Xybot's doing his free gift wrapping also?

Matter of fact, yes! I heard from him yesterday (might've been Tuesday - the days all run together for me right now at work...) and he is going to participate like he has in years past. If a MMMV member is buying from Stuckakid for their Secret Santa, please make note of it when you order. Your gift will be gift wrapped before it is sent.

Thanks again to both Luke's Toy Store and Stuckakid for their support of Secret Santa '09!!

(Spend lots of money at both places year round gang - they're great people who really support our community!)