UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Statues Talk

karamazov80

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over 2 feet, I think, but I'm not sure if he is near 3. Of course, Hulk has been drawn as different sizes by different people at different times, but I think he's pretty much in scale with the other 1/4 scale Sideshow statues.

SDC12598.jpg

Here's one i've been burning to see in Minimate form. In the meantime, Bowen have released these two versions of him. The top one is the 'Classic' look while the bottom is the regular edition. The flame works looks great, but for some reason neither of the colour schemes quite seem right to me. . . .

1058177724_af6pS-XL.jpg

5107252888_28956b3ac5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

K80, I somehow missed that you had joined the Hulk PF club. Congrats my friend. I'll get your card key to the Hulk Pf Club Lounge and your Hulk PF Club parking pass out to you real soon. B)

K80, I somehow missed that you had joined the Hulk PF club. Congrats my friend. I'll get your card key to the Hulk Pf Club Lounge and your Hulk PF Club parking pass out to you real soon. B)

Thanks for that. I don't want to seem immodest, but. . .we who have Hulk PF are better than others, aren't we?

Thanks for that. I don't want to seem immodest, but. . .we who have Hulk PF are better than others, aren't we?

But, of course! B)

Seriously, I am glad you found one. They don't go up for sale very often. Can you believe I had my waitlist convert for the Grey version and opted out? I am really not a fan of the grey Hulk and didn't think I had room for it (I don't really). Scalping never crossed my mind. It usually doesn't...

You're a good man, Shanester. . .a better man than myself from time to time, I'm sorry to say. Not that I would have bought that Hulk with the intention of re-selling, but after the price jumped 4-5X what it originally was, I'm sure I would have had a hard time not trying to "flip" it. You could basically get, what, every Minimate released over the past 4-5 years with the money Gray Hulk goes for?

Well K80, I don't fault folks for flipping. Its how our capatilistic economy functions. I've always tried to buy only things I plan to keep, however, it is nice when you can sell for more than you paid. I was lucky enough to have my Guardian Predator waitlist convert, but after owning him for a couple of weeks, I decided not to keep him. It happens...

Funny you mention that, b/c Guardian might be one of the next figures on my chopping block. I really really like the figure, but I have to make choices about my collection, and I'm not sure that I need or want a figure representing a bit character from a movie I don't care too much for hanging out with Dutch and P1, no matter how cool he looks. If I started just collecting things because I thought they looked cool, I would be in the deepest of doo-doo.

Edited by karamazov80

Funny you mention that, b/c Guardian might be one of the next figures on my chopping block. I really really like the figure, but I have to make choices about my collection, and I'm not sure that I need or want a figure representing a bit character from a movie I don't care too much for hanging out with Dutch and P1, no matter how cool he looks. If I started just collecting things because I thought they looked cool, I would be in the deepest of doo-doo.

My situation exactly. I am having room issues and some of my HT figures are probably next up for sale. The SSC Hulk Comiquette is due to ship any day now and my available space may actually be decreasing unexpectantly. I'll know soon.

I was able to score a Sentinnel maximate satue off of ebay for $50.00 USD. This is great as one of my cats had knocked mine off a shelf, shattering it into pieces, this past summer. I stumbled across the auction last week by accident and now I have my replacement. Hallelujah!

Edited by MINI_MYTE

• 3 weeks later...

That's a great looking statue, but they really need to get around to doing 1/6th scale versions of helmeted Cobra Commander and the "Siegies." Admittedly, if I had the space and money I would get all the Joe dios, but this one is not a priority for me.

My situation exactly. I am having room issues and some of my HT figures are probably next up for sale. The SSC Hulk Comiquette is due to ship any day now and my available space may actually be decreasing unexpectantly. I'll know soon.

I know a good home for all those Bowen IM statues you have! & I won't even charge you storage fees! ;)

T.