UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Legends discussion thread

TBT!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll do you one better, guys:

MY LCS just got in a new case this week and forgot to tell me on Wednesday when i called to pull books. I ordered her Wednesday, and he showed Viper to me.

Cruel, cruel irony. :rolleyes:

Birght side, FF Spider-man on hold now. :thumbsup:

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

MY LCS just got in a new case this week and forgot to tell me on Wednesday when i called to pull books. I ordered her Wednesday, and he showed Viper to me.

Nice! I'm going to pick up drax and pile driver tomorrow (/puke to both) but that will finish my Zola, might get viper for the red skull though.

Nice! I'm going to pick up drax and pile driver tomorrow (/puke to both) but that will finish my Zola, might get viper for the red skull though.

Drax isn't...horrible. I prefer the classic costume, and don't really have an affinity with him like Viper, but he wasn't bad. Good paint, the knives are neat, but the buck is wrong for him, and all shirtless characters (and i HATE Hasbro's reliance on the forearm swivel. My biggest visual issue with Commander Rogers.) He's not amazing, but not horrible.

Wish i didn't want to build Zola though. I've never really cared about the Wrecking Crew, and i know the second i buy Piledriver i'm in for all 4. :unsure:

Well, I took a chance and ordered a Madame Masque from Amazon, since I heard they were shipping more... but yep, Viper. Not sure if I'm going to open her or not; though I do want Madame Hydra, I was planning on buying her loose, since I don't want the Red Skull piece. I think the running change thing is a very good idea in theory, but Hasbro's really dropped the ball with it's execution. No one that orders these figures online can be sure what they are getting. Running change should mean you get Masque and Thunderball now, Hydra and Piledriver in a month or so.

Well after getting piledriver I realized the head control piece is a variant for redskull so I would like to offer to any of you wrecking crew fans, would anyone like to trade me the yellow Zola head that came with wrecking ball, and the remote for an out of box piledriver?

Well after getting piledriver I realized the head control piece is a variant for redskull so I would like to offer to any of you wrecking crew fans, would anyone like to trade me the yellow Zola head that came with wrecking ball, and the remote for an out of box piledriver?

Again, that is a full loose figure for just a measly BAF piece... ;) ;) ;) No biggie.

Again, that is a full loose figure for just a measly BAF piece... ;) ;) ;) No biggie.

And gone, back to discussion.

The temptation of building Red Skull-Zola is intense right now....knowing i only need to buy the Piledriver and Daken sitting on the shelves of my LCS is not helping. Knowing i'd still need to track down a cheap Madame Masque and Thunderball isn't, either.

Regardless, Viper is not nearly as bad as everyone makes her out to be. She's not the most attractive female figure i own, but she's up there as one of the best; joints and articulation are solid, she can hold her accessories well, and the paint is great. The face varies from bad to tolerable depending on the angle. Is she as attractive as the proto led us to think? God no. But not every woman in the Marvel Universe who happens to be the leader of a terrorist cell in a foreign country can be incredibly beautiful, and that's how i'm justifying it.

Really happy with her, regardless. :sweat:

The temptation of building Red Skull-Zola is intense right now....knowing i only need to buy the Piledriver and Daken sitting on the shelves of my LCS is not helping. Knowing i'd still need to track down a cheap Madame Masque and Thunderball isn't, either.

Regardless, Viper is not nearly as bad as everyone makes her out to be. She's not the most attractive female figure i own, but she's up there as one of the best; joints and articulation are solid, she can hold her accessories well, and the paint is great. The face varies from bad to tolerable depending on the angle. Is she as attractive as the proto led us to think? God no. But not every woman in the Marvel Universe who happens to be the leader of a terrorist cell in a foreign country can be incredibly beautiful, and that's how i'm justifying it.

Really happy with her, regardless. :sweat:

I know what you mean man, I now have a full Zola plus an extra left arm from my friend and the Red Skull face/head from my variants. REALLY thinking about tracking down the rest so I can have both full BAF's.

Oh, and also, does anyone know if they will be showing any new Legends at C2E2? I'm uber eager to hear more about the new Archangel coming out.

Edited by ImABarRoomHero

No idea, but it NEEDS to be the running change figure. X-force Archangel is fine (but he's already out of date :pinch: ) but Horsemen is the version i would much rather get (And i refuse to consider that old one to be acceptable)

I still want to hear the rest of the Wave 3 line-up. It needs to be absolutely stellar to keep me interested.

There are 6 pieces in this wave. How in the Hell can they release 7 figures, Spider-Man without a BAF piece, and still charge the same for the only figure without anything with it? I'm paying how much for a single Spiderman figure and nothing else?!

Unfortunately - the rising price of oil means that plastic is also more expensive. I know this line started out with a base & a comic thrown in with each figure, as well as an occasional BAF piece, but i think we have to accept that 6" scale figures can't continue to be made with all the pack-ins for under $15 any more :(

On the flip side - I was, personally, REALLY pissed off that i HAD to buy a SpiderMan figure to complete my sentinel. A lot of people were.

I think Hasbro is attempting to gear this line towards collectors who may already have a lot of Iron Man & SpiderMan variants, and don't want another one just to get the awesome builder figure. Perhaps they should throw in an accessory like a web-line or something to make people more interested?

But keep in mind - the figure is the main product. The BAF was designed as a bonus; promotional incentive to buy the whole wave. If Strong Guy ends up being a BAF - i really hope i wont have to buy an Iron Man to complete him.

There are 6 pieces in this wave. How in the Hell can they release 7 figures, Spider-Man without a BAF piece, and still charge the same for the only figure without anything with it? I'm paying how much for a single Spiderman figure and nothing else?!

He's the All-star; every wave is getting an A-list character without a BAF piece.

They can't just change the price of one figure in the entire wave when it's a retail product, you do realize, right?? :mellow:

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

I was, personally, REALLY pissed off that i HAD to buy a SpiderMan figure to complete my sentinel. A lot of people were.

YES. God, I hate that figure.

If Strong Guy ends up being a BAF - i really hope i wont have to buy an Iron Man to complete him.

Oh, god, I'm going to go bankrupt buying multiple Multiple Men. :confused:

I have never seen the following series 1 figures in store, and would like to complete my Terrax.

Commander Steve Rogers

Hope Summers

Ghost Rider

Does anyone know where these can be had for retail ($20 or less)?

I have never seen the following series 1 figures in store, and would like to complete my Terrax.

Commander Steve Rogers

Hope Summers

Ghost Rider

Does anyone know where these can be had for retail ($20 or less)?

I returned a Hope earlier this week. I can get it if you pay for the fees and shipping. Let me know. I already hooked up Nessex with one.