UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC LEGOs

boyd

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started to collect these a couple of weeks ago. Started with the Catwoman set and will pick up the Joker's Funhouse set in a few weeks. I might pick up that TRU baggie for the new mask part, though...

After that I'm going through Bricklink to get the rest of the characters.

• 3 months later...

76001-1.jpg

Figured I'd update this topic with the newest reveal hot out of NYCC! 76001 The Bat vs. Bane - Tumbler Chase: $39.99, Piece Count: 368, Minifigures: Batman, Bane, Commissioner Gordon

What does everyone think?

Edited by CBMM1

76001-1.jpg

Figured I'd update this topic with the newest reveal hot out of NYCC! 76001 The Bat vs. Bane - Tumbler Chase: $39.99, Piece Count: 368, Minifigures: Batman, Bane, Commissioner Gordon

What does everyone think?

Loveitloveitloveit.

I simply love DC LEGO sets... More than Marvel. Far more than Marvel mind you... And this is no different. Though I kinda wish they took like... one of those Knight chestpieces and bulked up Bane a LITTLE bit... Same problem could be said for the comics minifigure. Either way I'll be getting this one. This is a for-sure buy.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I spent a few hours building the Arkham Asylum set. Man, that was tedious! Great looking set but the 1st floor window frames are all single stud, plugged into single stud, plugged into double stud, plugged into single stud. And repeat. My hands were like arthritic claws by the time I'd finished. Now it's in my living room taking part in a huge lego mashup of Batman, Alien Conquest, and Iron Man 3. As directed by my boy! :D

Thanks!thumbsup.gif

Yeah, I think that looks pretty darn good. Can't say I'd pick it up for full price, but if it's clearanced, I'll be tempted.

If it goes to clearance I'll cry. Most expensive lego set I've ever bought.

• 1 year later...

I just finished building the set with Batman, Flash, Grodd, Captain Cold and Wonder Woman. It has a really cool robot armor for Batman, and Wonder Woman's invisible jet. The plane is a bit disappointing, because it's rather small. I hope at some point we get a full sized invisible jet.

I still can't believe I walked out of the Lego Store without the Darkseid set....

They were out of the GL and Brainiac sets, but I'm sure I'll be getting them soon enough. I'm afraid the Lego superhero floodgates have opened for me.

I haven't been able to pick up any of these sets yet, but it is a good way to get Lego DC minifigures we didn't get to see as DC Minimates like, Captain Cold and Black Manta.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/DC-Universe-Super-Heroes-ByTheme

Edited by Scorpion

Hopefully but, a Black Manta Minimate quick custom

may be somewhat difficult with the way the Lego head is made.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/98613141@N06/15652228571/

I'll add to this by saying a little creative cutting is necessary.......... there are 3 options that i'm exploring. I hope the chinese bootleggers make these new dc figs soon so i can try out different things, or hopefully grab some fairly cheap black mantas on ebay or brickling soon.

It looks so good on a minimate body though, hopefully i'll have one done soon enough, there are 2 other things i must finish first.