UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel LEGOs

boyd

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought the Quinjet and Cap's cycle today. I was also disappointed that the bike didn't fit in the jet, but I actually think it looks real good next to my Cap minimate. It wasn't nearly as small as I thought it would be. It actually dwarfs the Lego Cap. America.

I'm not getting the X-Men set either. I'm not a Deadpool fan and I don't like the helicopter. I'm sure there will be another chance to get a Wolvie. Hopefully Mags will show up again. A Danger Room, X-Mansion, Utopia, or Blackbird would be awesome.

I wouldn't worry about these putting minimates out of business, though. The figures are so inferior compared to minimates, but it sure is fun putting the sets together.

I found my Quinjet at a Walmart and the only other set they had was the Cap cycle set. I am still undecided on getting the Wolverine/Deadpool set, I want to see it first. I would die to get a Blackbird with a whole bunch of X-men Legos!

It seems that everyone(here and elsewhere) hates on the helicopter, but I don't think it looks bad. Could it have been better? Sure, but it's a $20 set and you get three awesome minifigures in it. Wolverine's motorcycle is nice and simple. Wolverine and Deadpool look great, but to me it's Magneto who is the star of the set. Two great expressions, and his helmet looks great. Probably my favorite figure of the entire Marvel line so far.

Yeeeeeah... looks like me borrowing my kid's bike. Valiant effort though.

• 1 month later...

I picked the Copter set up t'other day. My son and I put it together last night (that was fun) :D

It's a great set. Admittedly the Joker Copter Is more functional, but the Deadpool Copter has an armoured heavy duty look and feel to it, and I like it a lot.

The minifigures are all great. I love that Mags gets a little lego block to levitate on.

Got my oldest the Quinjet for his birthday. Awsome, awsome set. Like most Lego vehicles just enough too small for mates to be frustrating. But for Lego's, it's a thing of beauty.

I saw all the LOTR sets at TRU today, the new Monster series is out too. They all look really nice, but TRU's Lego prices are out of control...

I always shop around now for Lego. The small sets like Cap's bike are priced ok(ish) but the larger sets

are stupid money. For the Avengers stuff I've gone 50/50 on Amazon and Lego.com/uk.

Lego are giving away an exclusive Hulk minifigure if you spend over £50 so I got the Quinjet and Cap bike from them.

Amazon were slightly discounting the Helicarrier and Loki Escape so I got them a few quid cheaper.

No interest in LOTR really (i expect the sets to be...bigger?) but the Monster Fighter sets are must-haves. My child was comprised of my first LEGO set in the first Pyramid from Adventurers, to the Horror Studio sets and then the Egypt theme, so i've such nostalgia for the monsters and mummies. Need that Castle and the Zombie Cemetery.

The Haunted House that we've seen like one picture of looks INCREDIBLE, but might be one of the $150 Modular sets. :confused:

Bought the swamp creature last night at TRU, but nothing else because of the TRU tax. The creature is awesome and has more than a passing resemblance to Mer-Man. I don't collect any of the yellow skinned Minifigures anymore but I'll get the monster sets just for the monsters.

I really like the looks of the "eventually coming out" Haunted House that's been teased as well as the Vampire Castle.

I'm going to have to pick one or both of those up for sure at some point to go with my Universal Monsters plus other ghosts/monster 'mates that I've cobbled together for a classic feel. Just a shame that we haven't gotten that keen skeleton that was shown in the to-be-determined minimate pirate set. It'd go great with these!

Edited by Mystery Man

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...