UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Best. Message. Board. Ever.

I just wanted to express my thanks to everyone here who makes this a community.

Everyone's so kind to one another (for the most part), always willing to help out, knows how to give constructive criticism without criticising.

I belong to a handful of other message boards, and everyone is so vile & disgusting to everyone else. Don't you dare ask a question, because they'll treat you like an idiot who should know this by now. Don't express interest in anything because they'll tell you to kill yourself for liking it (just happened to me, swear to god). Don't share your customs or artwork you spent weeks and your heart & soul on, because they'll pick every, tiny, little imperfection out, and tell you there's something wrong with it, and no matter how much you're happy with it, it's bad, and pretty much always will be.

Thank you, Minimate Multiverse.

Thank you. :thumbsup:

(Why do I feel like I've made a Thread like this here before?) :confused:

Yeah, I can totally mirror that statement.

I've been a member of boards where cut-throat is the lifestyle... nearly everything TENIME_art just stated is true of so many places out there on the web.

I think it may have something to do with the way the community interacts... here at MMMV, it's a *relatively* small number of people who converse on a very regular basis. Over on other boards where there are thousands upon thousands of members, it's easy to treat someone like crap and not have to give it another thought.

It's more homely here... it's more personal. The people who participate in this board know most of the rest of the people here, and they have respect for one another.

Granted, this board is growing in popularity as time goes on, and maybe one day Minimate Multiverse will be among the ranks of boards/communities that hold thousands of members... but I sincerely hope that no matter what number of members we get, we always maintain the friendliness/hospitality/good naturedness that this board has claimed as a virtue :biggrin:

[/floury speech]

This is the first message board I've ever joined or posted to, because others I have read just don't seem all that friendly, no matter what the interest is in: cars, comics, toys, whatever. MMMV is just an awesome community with awesome members and I am glad to be a part of it.

BS

I just wanted to express my thanks to everyone here who makes this a community.

Everyone's so kind to one another (for the most part), always willing to help out, knows how to give constructive criticism without criticising.

I belong to a handful of other message boards, and everyone is so vile & disgusting to everyone else. Don't you dare ask a question, because they'll treat you like an idiot who should know this by now. Don't express interest in anything because they'll tell you to kill yourself for liking it (just happened to me, swear to god). Don't share your customs or artwork you spent weeks and your heart & soul on, because they'll pick every, tiny, little imperfection out, and tell you there's something wrong with it, and no matter how much you're happy with it, it's bad, and pretty much always will be.

Thank you, Minimate Multiverse.

Thank you. :thumbsup:

(Why do I feel like I've made a Thread like this here before?) :confused:

I know how you feel (from an observer's point of view ;) ). I was a lurker at a LEGO site for a long time, and just reading the posts of members there made them look so arrogant. Members lived in fear of being suspended from the site because they mispelled a word, it was ludicrous! :down: The mods just totally abused their power, trying to act like demi-gods or something. And they didn't even have smileys. ;) I feel extremely comfortable here!

So yes, thank you Minimate Multiverse!

Glomit

Gotta agree with you guys.

I've posted on the DC boards a few times when I was trying to find information, and the apsolute venomous hatred that some people spouted was just mind-boggling. Yeah, a few kindly people would give me the answers I was looking for, but even some of those treated me as an idiot for not knowing, just because I wasn't interested in reading everything from the Golden and Silver ages to find my answers. I certainly have new respect for comic writers if they can read those forums and not vow to leave comics for good.

Either that or I want to become a company counsellor.

So yeah, well done Ady and the guys - this place is a true haven.

Jo

I'm glad people like it here. It's a good place to hang out.

My thanks as well to Ady and the staff who make this all possible, but also to you guys, the members who make up this great community.

I know what you guys mean. I'm not sure why some folks tend to be so arrogant and hard on newbies. I get the feeling with a lot of forums, that if you don't agree with the popular opinion, then you will get attacked.

The whole idea (IMO) is to have fun. There is no need to get defensive or attack the less common opinion. These are TOYS for crying out loud.

Relax, enjoy, play with your minimates!

Well I think it's high time we fell into line with the rest of the internet and start caning new members. One way to do this is to make them use this as their sig and avatar for oooooh about six months or so.

noobjx5.th.jpg

Yeah, I agree with Rad. We really should start acting like a proper internet forum and abuse the noobs. Time to bring out the tried and true veteran replies to noob posts. Things like:

"Try using the search function, noob douchebag!"

"OMG! This thread was discussed to death on March 6th, 2001. Where the hell were you?"

And my personal favorite "Go kill yourself."

I promise on my entire Shockini collection that I will do a better job. :)

I'd like to say you all suck balls!!!

ok so now I've got that out of my system I'll be slightly more serious and say It's the only place I post and consider some of the guys here 'friends' rather than just 'other members'and I think it's that that keeps it civil.

Long live the verse and all that sail in her!

T.

It's definately a nice community Ady, his staff and for that mattter, members have created. This definately is a nice place to come to after a hard days work :) Not to mention a great source of information when it comes to Minimates, which saves me the trouble of googling for new information on a daily base :D Cheers gang for giving me a safe harbor to talk about my ever growing addiction :thumbsup:

I aggre 9000%!!!!! NINE THOUSEND!!!! I have said to my friends and fam many times, that you guys rock, and are the nicest board I've been a part on, (that explains why my post count is highist on here.)

It's the only place I post and consider some of the guys here 'friends' rather than just 'other members' and I think it's that that keeps it civil.

But I thought we were more than that! :(

Okay but to be more serious this is a consistently good board for news and info and just good ol' fashion conversations. Hell, my collection wouldn't be so complete if it weren't for the members here and again the news and updates on what's coming out when and where. Besides, I'd rather hang out here than work any day! ;-) Kudos to the Multiverse!

I love this place. This is, hands down, the best message board on the net. I consider many of you to be friends, mand you don't get that elsewhere. I also believe we have the nicest members ever. We give away free stuff all the time, almost too much. I really wish I could afford to, and as soon as I get a job, I will spend most of my spare money on freebie stuff for members. Many of you MAJORLY deserve it. Like the time Ady gave that guy a free Silver Surfer, or when that Venom loving guy joined and got one from TBT(?), or when JL sent me a free Sentry completely out of the blue, or all the replacement parts flying around free, or the whole John Stewart ordeal, etc... Need I go on? Anyway, thanks so much to Ady and the gang for making this my favorite place in the whole wide frakking world.

Glad to have you aboard (everybody groan, go ahead), GM!!

Glad you like it here. The old Art Asylum board was the second message board I ever joined, and most of the jokers here are from there.

They're like, those cousins the family talks about who don't get invited to reunions.

:lol:

Just kidding. I have yet to meet anyone on here who's not completely awesome. (Just stay away from Luke314pi...he's a bad influence!!)