UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates Central - Technical Issues Mean No Updates. Apologies!

Danny

It's nice to be wanted ...even though it's because you're old :( ....& unthreatening :rolleyes:

....however I am not confrontational currently & I do not wish to involve myself in any puerile flame-war ......

... although things change ;)

Minimate Central & it's contributors is a damn fine cup of coffee. Love it , always have.

The thing to remember is that any review is entirely subjective from the point of view of the reviewer. Danny has often disagreed with points I've made during my reviews and I respect his opinion, but I would never go back and change a review on that basis.

Yeah it's just one persons opinion at the end of the day and not to be treated as gospel. I'll set up a new thread for discussion though as it is always good to get feedback.

Oh and just to clarify Rad's point, I have never asked him to change something to bring it into line with what I think. That would destroy the whole point of having an independent reviewer.

• 2 weeks later...

The "Bandwidth exceeded" message comes up when the alloted quota of bandwidth used by visitors to the site has been used up. Minimates Central is allowed 25Gb a month. Currently almost 1Gb of bandwidth is used per day.

Web hosting services all have different amounts of bandwidth you can buy in their packages. The more bandwidth you buy - ie the more popular your site is - the costlier the web hosting is. That's why a lot of sites have Paypal donation buttons or sponsor's adverts etc. Minimates Central has always been advert-free and I have never taken any donations as it's something I run as a hobby and I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable taking people's money.