UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Universe 3.75" Figures

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to post some pics of Beta Ray Bill, new Hulk and Miles Ultimate Spidey, but they sucked. Instead, here's the pic my kids had me take of all of my MU figures (not including giant figures, movie figures or duplicate costumes). I try not to think about how much I'd get if I sold these instead of keeping them in a giant container.

Picture013.jpg

Stopped in @ Hong Kong TRU this week and found the X-Factor vs Sinister/A-Poc set, as well as Jublilee . . . but no Blastaar or Xavier.

Are they proving particularly rare? i.e.: should i order them from eBay rather than hope they show up?

Sweet - thanks for the advice. I'll pick up a Jubes on my way back to the airport and hold out for Xavier.

I'm not thrilled with the X-Factor pack, so i may just let that one go.

Edited by Nessex

Dark Phoenix, Black Widow, Avengers Black Widow, Future Foundation Sue Storm, and X-factor Jean all look really solid in person. Avengers Black Widow is the best they've ever done. Of course, half of those ARE the same face, but that's a different problem.

Speaking of, i found the X-factor set the other day. It's pretty great; paint apps are gonna be hit-and-miss per set with Scott's face and Jean's upper torso having a few slop issues but nothing major. Angel is FANTASTIC, and i love the new Apocalypse. Word of caution, i think he dyed my hands blue. Love this set, it's been a great Marvel Universe month.

I almost got the X-Factor set this weekend, but all four of their sets had bad paints apps in some way or another (just on Scott and Jean of course).

And I saw that Target is releasing an Avengers movie set with all 8 main characters. It's nice that they're releasing that now, long after they've almost all been in single pack form. :rolleyes:

I was at Wizard World Chicago this weekend, and a booth had all of the Kang wave for sale! I only picked up Punisher because he was marked $10 whereas the others were all marked $20. Looks like Hasbro is turning things around.

And also, Punisher's AWESOME. My favorite MU figure yet. I'll post some pics tonight.

Well, my luck with Marvel Universe continues. Walked into my LCS for books today and i found Beast and, making my week absolutely fantastic, KRAVEN. He. Is. Amazing. I miss the thigh cuts of the newer figures but his buck and tons of additional new sculpting outweigh it and make him very imposing. Love this figure oh so much; he was worth the wait. Feel like i should be having more to say...but i don't. He's just perfect.

Beast is pretty fantastic too. Entirely new sculpt, and the articulation is the best i've ever seen on a figure so small. This was a feat previously accomplished only by Renegades Scarlett. Modern neck joint, torso, biceps and elbows, hinge and swivel wrists, modern thighs, double knees, ankle swive AND the modern Hasbro feet (they plug into the shin then work the same way, very cool). Get some really stellar poses out of him. Just need more Modern X-men now...or the rest of the Secret Avengers where i'll prefer to keep him.

Bring on Punisher, Wanda, and KANG.

I almost got the X-Factor set this weekend, but all four of their sets had bad paints apps in some way or another (just on Scott and Jean of course).

And I saw that Target is releasing an Avengers movie set with all 8 main characters. It's nice that they're releasing that now, long after they've almost all been in single pack form. :rolleyes:

It's actually great timing for the release of the DVD so the kids can get the team all in one shot.

BBTS got in their shipment of the Kraven/Beast wave, but their pre-orders are sold out. Hopefully these will hit shelves soon also. It's about time Hasbro got some new stuff out. I'd never have guessed wave one of 2012 wouldn't be on shelves until August.

edit: I'm also seeing the wave of Jubilee/Professor X/Blaastar on ebay also, so it looks like Hasbro is trying to catch up.

The Avengers movie stuff delayed all of the Marvel Universe waves, this is why wave one is shipping so late in the year.

Looks like Marvel is leaning on it's more obscure/quirky characters for the MU line's packaging.

Wave 18 features Rocket Raccoon:

post-2737-0-39645300-1345724430_thumb.jp

Wave 19 features Modok:

post-2737-0-30979900-1345723983_thumb.jp

& 21 features Dazzler (although - i threw the packaging out - sorry)

Went to a toy show and got She-Hulk , Bag Head Spiderman , & Kraven. Future Foundation Spiderman wasn't there. I saw Kang, Punisher, New Hulk, Beast, Amazing Spiderman. Didn't have enough funds to get them all. But I thought it was great that they were already out to buy.

I'm just glad my local Walmart did a reset this month and won't be carrying new MU. They had stopped in the past and picked it back up this year, which of course meant all of the single and comic packs they put on the shelves were all the older product Hasbro has been shipping this year and they are all now clearanced since no one bought them. And now that new product is finally hitting stores, they aren't carrying the line. I know some of why Hasbro held back until now, but it just seems like a horrible decision to put all of your eggs in the Avengers & GI Joe movies, particualrly when there wasn't very much variety in the Avengers stuff.

I've just quit going into Wal-Marts, since they just don't carry anything I buy any more. Let me tell you... it's a relief.:lol:

Taking a quick run before work today for these. I'm really glad to have new MU to look for; I missed 'em.

BBTS has shipped their Wave 19 Pre-orders. I received mine today. Check out my pictures below:

Kang: This figure looks great. I like the metallic purple and the bright blue they used for the face. He'll look awesome in my Secret Wars set-up. Great villain choice!

post-2001-0-34901000-1345842593_thumb.jp

Punisher: Huge improvement over the previous versions, with a great head sculpt. He has 4 weapons and the pistols and knife fit snugly in his holsters. One small gripe: The holsters attached to his legs slightly limit articulation and I can;t seem to get a good two-handed grip on his machine gun, but he's still great.

post-2001-0-40997500-1345842607_thumb.jp

Scarlet Witch: Probably my favorite. I got one with a great paint job on her face. Her cape is longer than her legs, however. I think that this is to help stand her as she has very slender legs with high heels. Her energy blast looks cool, and she fits in great with the Avengers. The team just doesn't seem complete without her.

post-2001-0-41195400-1345842623_thumb.jp

She-hulk: Nice and sturdy figure. I think the hair was glued slightly too low on mine, but at least the face was painted nicely. This is a great female figure and I'm excited about this new body mold for the larger gals.

post-2001-0-33620500-1345842642_thumb.jp

Spider-Man: I received the Future Foundation version. He's my least favorite, I don't like the grayish paint wash and he looks a little too buff to me.

post-2001-0-77884600-1345842658_thumb.jp

Love that Spidey; don't even mind having both the black and white versions, it's a great costume. And i believe he was put on the bigger buck because Deodato drew him very ripped when he wore that costume (at least in New Avengers).

Witch looks a little too lanky to me; head is bigger than her waist on the hips are rather unsightly. I'll have to judge in-person, she's not essential to me but it's Scarlet Witch. Punisher and Kang are musts, they look phenomenal.