UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

LEGO Thread

cale

I was out wrapping up my x-mas shopping of the kids this weekend and happened across the new Indiana Jones Lego sets.

They had four sets including:

A motorcycle w/ sidecar chase fronm Last Crusade that included the Doctors Jones (Indy & Henry Sr.), a checkpoint gate and a badguy on a motorcycle

A truck chase from Raiders of the Lost Ark that included the military truck and staff car

The "Run for your Life there's a big rolling stone ball chasing me" scene from Raiders, which includes (as luck would have it) a big rolling rock ball and the sea plane to fly away in.

The Temple of the Lost Souls set w/ the Ark of the Covenant, Miriam Minifig and plenty of snakes.

These started at about $10 for the motorcycle chase... the biggest ones were probably in the $50 range

Some of the pieces, like altars and statues woul provide good inspiration for some Indy-inspired lego dioramas for minimates.

Check 'em out.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I figured that we have dedicated threads for pretty much everything except LEGO. I thought instead of random threads that a LEGO thread like te Transformers and VideoGame threads would be useful.

Anyway, I thought that anyone who did not know should know that there is a LEGO set out now based off of Star Wars Force Unleashed. It is a ship that I believe may be the SA's ship, but I don't know. It comes with the SA, Battle Damaged Vader, and some person who I don't remember. It was at TRU.

Also, my local Wal Mart had the Battank set marked down to 30 if anyone doesn't have it who wants it.

Anyway, I thought that anyone who did not know should know that there is a LEGO set out now based off of Star Wars Force Unleashed. It is a ship that I believe may be the SA's ship, but I don't know. It comes with the SA, Battle Damaged Vader, and some person who I don't remember. It was at TRU.

The "some other person" is Juno Eclipse.

I'm tempted by the Imperial Transport set, now that I see it comes with a Shadow Trooper. It's too bad they didn't vary up the Troopers even more though. Like a Sandtrooper or Scout Trooper instead of one of the white Storm Troopers.

And I'm hoping for an "Imperial Precession" or similar set so I can get the Imperial Guards cheaply and easily. Maybe with a TIE Fighter Pilot, Scout Trooper and Stormtrooper, so you can recreate the Emperor's landing on the second Death Star.

These sets look really neat. I won't buy 'em, though, because I don't have an Indiana Jones minimate!

Still, I like that in the room that holds the Arc of the Covenant... the brick directly above it has the R2-D2 and C-3PO hieroglyph on it. That's pretty funny.

if memory serves you can find the same thing in the movie

I love legos but have restricted myself to Star Wars legos only. HOwever when I saw these at the store I couldn't pass up the motorcycle with the sidecar set, and I was not disappointed. These are great and I would say go for it Trekker42.

• 5 weeks later...

hey all, havent been here in a while. but i saw this topic and i had to post. I have the lego DOCTOR JONES sets. well half any way. the ark one and the boulder idol dropping door one. along with the r2 c3po in the ark, in the boulder chase one you can see that the sticker on the plane says :"OB-CPO" Obi Wan and C3PO! :woot::blink::jawdrop::no:

• 4 weeks later...

Just a heads up I wanted to pass along since I know we have some LEGO fans (besides me) here.

(Got this info from Slickdeals.net.)

This deal will be at Tuesday Morning starting March 4th. ONCE AGAIN, THE SALE STARTS MARCH 4th at 8am

TUESDAY MORNING MARCH FLYER FRONT PAGE:

Our Biggest Selection of LEGO Construction Sets Ever!

Racer, Soccer, Batman, EXO-Force, Bionicle, Knights, Creator and MORE!

$11.99 to $69.99 Regular Retail $24.99 to $149.99

Educational, Creative, and oh so fun LEGO construction sets up to 1,448 pieces are larger than ordinary sets.

A hobbyist's dream selection!

Ages 6 and up. Selection varies by store

Other lower priced LEGO items available at similar savings

Sale starts at 8am on Tuesday March 4th.

For a store near you:

http://www.tuesdaymorning.com/ind...logOff.asp

Just a heads up I wanted to pass along since I know we have some LEGO fans (besides me) here.

This deal will be at Tuesday Morning starting March 4th. ONCE AGAIN, THE SALE STARTS MARCH 4th at 8am

Educational, Creative, and oh so fun LEGO construction sets up to 1,448 pieces are larger than ordinary sets.

For a store near you:

Thank Reideen, I have a Tuesday morning not that far from me... I think I'll go check it out :)

T.

For a store near you:

I thank you as well. No such thing as too much LEGO. :)

Anyone looking to get on this deal might want to check their stores before Tuesday. When they had their last batch of LEGO Batman clearance (Batwing, UCS Batmobile, Batcave, Arkham for $30 each), I found them in my local store before the ad was 'active'. I picked up 3 Batcaves and 3 Asylums, and left at least 6 of each on the shelves. Everything but the Batwings were gone in a week.

I managed to get the $30 Indy truck chase for $10 at Tatget. Used what little money I really didn't have, but I snagged it and never looked back.

How? Was there a sale?

Pricing mistake

Lucky. So how's the set? Is it as good as the other Indy sets or is it the one to skip?

I managed to get the $30 Indy truck chase for $10 at Tatget. Used what little money I really didn't have, but I snagged it and never looked back.

How? Was there a sale?

Pricing mistake

Lucky. So how's the set? Is it as good as the other Indy sets or is it the one to skip?

Actually I've never been a huge "playset" fan, so both the Raiders Ark tomb and Jungle set held little interest for me. I was surprised by how many pure old school pieces Lego has been dragging out of storage for this set. Off the top of my head, there's the horse and saddle, the treasure chest, and several Cavalry pieces. The truck is VERY nice, with a canvas back that easily comes off, but can be secured so it doesn't move at all. It's a nice robust 6 wheeled monster. There IS a place to Indy can climb under the trust (you have to remove his hat), 2 of the grill bars "pop" off, and there's a catch at the back to place his whip so you can drag him along behind. BTW, his whip is rubber in case any one was wondering. It's molded into the curved shape but can bend to extend. That was driving me nuts before. The car is also a really nice piece, with a driver and a place for a machine gun at the back. Fortunately they include just a few extra pieced that I tacked on to make the gun more machine gun like. There's also a spare tire on the back of the car.

Over all, a nice well rounded set. Legos have always been over priced IMHO, but if you can catch this under the $30 mark, by all means go for it. Even if it's just $25. $30 is, eh, up to you. I'm sure if I had a job still I wouldn't even blink, but as it is that's like 4 months worth of raman noodles. Which I've been eating. For breakfast, lunch and dinner.