The Avengers movie

MINI_MYTE

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just saw this last night. I have to say i had a jolly good time. I was pretty nervous after IM2 & especially CapA... but this had a great balance of chuckles & things blowing up.

The alien's were pretty under-developed. I understand that Whedon didn't want to include someone with a heavy back-story so he could focus more on the avengers themselves, and i appreciate the work that was put into fleshing them out. I actually think he made the right decision, but i still wanted a bit more of a reason for the REDACTED to be doing what they were doing.

Still - all in all, a pretty enjoyable film. i'd probably go as high as 4 out of 5.

Just woke up. It was a good movie. Not my favorite, even 100% spoiler free, I knew exactly what was going to happen at every moment, (Yes, even the teaser) except for one part, at which I almost cried out "WHEEEEDONNNN!" It was an understandable move, but I can't believe he used the same trick twice, and it got me twice.

I'd give it a strong 8/10

Haven't seen it yet, have a date to wait for, but i'm getting so antsy. Need to eBay that poster from midnight though, wow.

Not sure if i want to go 3D though. I've heard it makes it look cheap, but the glasses are cool and i plan on seeing it twice anyway. Decisions.

I loved it! Just got home from seeing it. I had so much trouble focusing at work today because I knew I was going to see it tonight. It totally lived up to the hype. It's a ton of fun from start to finish.

I really don't know why there was so much secrecy about the redacted. They tell you who they are in literally the first two minutes. Sure they were under developed but we were all there to see the heroes and they all shine. Loved them all.

I'm really considering seeing this again in theaters (never done that before).

Just finished watching it 2 hours ago and had a great time! I did not really think that Loki could be a good villain twice but he surpassed my expectations and I loved his strategy. The final battle scene was great but what really stood out was Scarlett Johansonn when all the avengers where doing their thing and the camera was smoothly flying around showing them doing each of their specialty's I thought that was badass. Though it was topped by when

Hulk kept slamming Loki onto the ground

Just got back from watching it and I must comment on its awesome factor.from beginning to end its a blast.

WOW.

This was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time that actually met my expectations. Not just as as a great comic book/super hero movie, but a great movie in general. There's no stings of "oh, that could've been better" like I had with some of the previous Marvel Studio films. (*cough* Captain America *cough*)

The movie is light on plot but the characters are so well written and the action is so well done that it overcomes that flaw much like Star Wars or Raiders of the Lost Ark did. This is the movie that Michael Bay thinks he's making. :yucky:

There are so many moments that are gold and we kept counting them off on the way home and still only scratched the surface. I haven't seen a movie do that in a long, long time.

I personally think subsequent viewings will only make this better. MAN. I will definitely be seeing this next weekend and I will be picking up the minimates at TRU afterwards. :highfive2:

I also cannot wait to see the repercussions from this on the other Marvel Studio films. So much potential...!!

I am so hyped to see this movie I feel like a kid again. I've just recently turned 39 years old and here I am up at the crack of dawn on a Saturday buzzing with anticipation instead of sleeping in like the rest of the working world. :lol: 3:30 PM can't get here soon enough. MINI-MYTE needs his Avengers fix stat!

Saw it last night. Still trying to remove my jaw from the floor.

Also, didn't realize how loud I said "F#$%ing AMAZING!" when they showed Thanos, some folks grabbed their kids angrily out of the theater in front of us. I thought the cloaked dude was gonna be Big-T and was a little let down, then when I saw that big sweet toothy grin......uuughhhh...

Hulk was flipping amazing. A very Bixby vibe going on- Hulk and Banner ended up both being more approachable than earlier attempts. And, again, Hulk was just flipping amazing. The end of his Thor team-up... priceless. An amazing movie with plenty of bright spots and few, if any, blemishes.

Oh, and I gotta say Tom Hiddleston is an amazing actor. He really brings some interesting depth to Loki.

Mini_Myte, you're in for a treat today.

I am stunned by just how much I loved this frelling movie. My hopes and expectations were set VERY high. I was not disappointed in any way shape or form, none. So much great stuff I can hardly remember all of it. Best Nerdgasam I have EVER had.