UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dynamic Duo Customizing Contest

luke314pi

EDIT: Winners announced!

contest-1.jpg

A new custom contest is here! In this contest, you will create a pair of Minimates that were meant to be together as a pair or a team. For example (as the title of this contest suggests), you could do Batman & Robin. But how about Sonny & Cher? Peanut Butter & Jelly? Lee Burns & Venom? As long as it is a pair, you are set!

I have gathered some prizes on behalf of Luke's Toy Store, along with a few leftovers that Storm 1:08 got at SDCC! The 1st place winner will get to choose which of the following two prize packs he or she wants. The 2nd place winner will get the other top prize. 3rd and 4th place prizes are listed below.

Do the the nature of the first prize pack, winners under 18 years old will need the permission of a parent or guardian to receive this pack.

Prize Pack #1: For all your customizing needs!

prize1-1.jpg

Includes: Dremel Rotary Tool with 7 Accessory Attachments (perfect for finishing your sculpted pieces, or modifying existing parts!), Artist Detail Brush 10-pack, Multi Purpose Cutting Set with Board and Hobby Knife, Ultra-Fine Black Sharpie, display putty, and 2 Dreadnaught part packs from the SDCC Build-A-Minimate booth!

EDIT: Also a long retired Gruesome Ghosts Minimates Sticker Kit and Skeleton Minimates Sticker Kit!

Prize Pack #2: For your display and collection!

prize4.jpg

prize3-1.jpg

prize2-1.jpg

Includes: $20 Gift Certificate to Luke's Toy Store, Marvel Minimates poster from SDCC, and a Dreadnaught part pack from the SDCC Build-A-Minimate booth!

3rd and 4th Place

prize5.jpg

Includes: $10 Gift Certificate to Luke's Toy Store

Rules:

1.) Your entry must be 2 custom Minimates.

2.) Please submit a manageable sized picture of your customs in this thread.

3.) This must be a new creation from the start of this post, and must be your work entirely. Previous customs/contest entries are not allowed.

4.) The character selection is completely up to you.

5.) Only one entry per person.

===============================================================

Dates:

Entries will be accepted between now and Saturday December 7th at 11:59 PM CST.

Voting begins once Contest Gallery has been posted on December 8th and ends December 11th at 11:59 PM CST.

Winners will be posted on December 12th.

===============================================================

Voting:

The PM Ballot system will be used for the voting.

Each submitted ballot must list in order, the top three best entries you feel are the most creative and well-made.

1.) Best Entry

2.) Second Best Entry

3.) Third Best Entry

Anyone can vote, even the participants.

If you are a participant, you cannot vote for your own entry.

The 10 point minus system will be used to calculate the results.

Points awarded will be as follows: 1st will get 10pts, 2nd will get 9pts, 3rd will get 8pts.

During the voting period, please send all ballots by PM to me.

If you have any questions, please post them in this thread.

Good luck and have fun!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet !

Just asking,but can we make a duo of,lets say Dead pool and that flying headpool?

Or both have to have atleast ther whole body compleat?

Im thinking about making something.

I sat down today and went through my fodder to find the perfect duo. The one thing that I was sure of was that I didn't want to do anything that already existed but whatever I came up with had to at least be recognizable to an existing property. Now that I've finished my entry I'm pretty sure I have no chance of winning, however that isn't going to stop me. So here is my entry to the dynamic duo or anti-dynamic duo of Office Lurker Langston and Mail Room Manny. A pair with a bond so strong even the kiss of death couldn't keep them from each other or their job.

DynamicDuo.jpg

Hhmm.....I don't think we need to.

In my opinion, it's the surprise of what people come up with that make these contests so great!

I agree with JCastick on this, it's definitely one of the cool things about these, and if there are doubles, they are usually quite different, which is also fun to see.