UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Monster Movie Trivia Contest

Lurch77

Monster Movie Trivia Contest

Can you tell the difference between an American Werewolf in London and one in Paris? So is Frankenstein the monster or the doctor? How exactly do you fend off a creature from a Black Lagoon?

For this contest, we've put together some Monster Movie Trivia to test your knowledge. And for a grand prize, well, let's say a regular sized minimate represents the normal size of a contest prize. Based on this contest's prize, it would be a Minimate... thirty-five feet high, weighing approximately six hundred pounds*!!

*not actual size of prize

Rules:

1.) Find answers to the Monster Movie Trivia and send in a pm with the answers.

2.) US postage has been covered by generous donor for the Grand Prize; international members are welcome to enter too but due to the size of this banner and the related shipping costs, we ask if the winner is an international member that they help cover extra shipping costs (which are expected to be about $25).

3.) If you don't wish to win the Grand Prize please mark on your entry and you'll just be entered for the second prize.

4.) Only one entry per person.

5.) You can google your ghoulish heart out, ask fellow fiends, conjure a spirit, make a deal with a devil; whatever you need to do to get answers is up to you ... but we at MMMV take no responsibility for your actions, any demons released or exorcisms needed.

===============================================================

Dates:

Entries will be accepted between now and Monday October 31st at 11:59 PM CST.

Winner will be announced shortly afterwards.

Entry:

PM your answers to Lurch77.

The Grand Prize will go to person with the most correct answers. If there is a tie then we will randomly draw a winner from those with the most correct answers. The second prize will go to the runner up (or if there is a tie then we will randomly draw another winner).

Grand Prize: A giant 4'x7' Ghost Busters Minimates heavy duty canvas banner!

5997042630_7161501171_b.jpg

This was the grand prize from the SDCC Minimates Panel. The lucky winner was only in the panel room to wait for another panel, and had no interest in the banner, so he gave it to our very own storm 1:08, who is paying it forward and generously donating it as a prize for this contest!

Second Prize: Mr T and John Stewart Green Lantern Minimate promo figures!

If you have any questions, please post them in this thread or send a PM to Lurch77.

Big thanks to DST for the contest prize! Have fun everyone!

post-28-0-73347400-1318008154_thumb.jpg

Trivia Questions:

• What does Ash call his shotgun in Army of Darkness?
  • What's the name of the island where King Kong lives?
  • What was the first horror movie ever to win an Academy Award?
  • What monster movie was the first film to earn the Academy Award for Best Makeup?
  • What is the only horror movie to be nominated for 10 Oscars?
  • What is Boris Karloff's character's name (the name Imhotep assumes after his exhumation) in the 1932 film The Mummy? ~hint~ it's an anagram of 'Death by Ra'
  • Who plays an uncredited role as Bennett in the 1980 horror classic The Fog?
  • Who had a cameo as a minister in the 1989 movie Pet Sematary?
  • The exterior of the house that was haunted in the 1960 film 13 Ghosts was later used for what tv show?
  • David Soul who played Hutch in Starsky & Hutch was in what 1979 horror movie?
  • What was the name of the summer camp where many counselors were murdered in Friday the 13th?
  • Name the virus that turns people into flesh-eating zombies in Resident Evil.
  • Who was the only actor ever to play each of the following characters: Dracula, The Wolfman, Frankenstein (monster) and The Mummy?
  • What classic horror movie features a serial killer in a William Shatner mask?
  • What was the original title of The Blob?
  • What horror movie features a serial killer wearing a mask inspired by an Edvard Munch painting?
  • In the film Shaun of the Dead, Shaun tells his mother "We're coming to get you, Barbara!" -- a reference to which classic horror film?
  • Which Universal Studios Classic Monster is on screen for less than five minutes and is the only "Classic Monster" never to have killed anyone?
  • What was on top of Larry Talbot's cane in 1941 film The Wolf Man?
  • What's the name of the plant in The Little Shop of Horrors?
  • What's the puzzling name of the serial killer in the Saw movie series?
  • What's the phone number for the Ghostbusters as it appears on the television ad that Dana sees in her apartment?
  • What's the street address for the house in The Amityville Horror (1979) movie?
  • What city does Jim wake up in, in the movie 28 Days Later?
  • The character Peter Vincent in Fright Night is named for what two actors well-known for their appearances in horror movies?
  • The 1951 movie The Thing from Another World took place at which pole?
  • The 1982 movie The Thing took place at which pole?
  • What's the naem of the hotel in the movie The Shining?
  • What's the name of the ship in the 1979 film Alien that came from the 1904 novel written by Joseph Conrad?
  • What is the name of Quint's boat in Jaws?
  • What's the name of Captain Lucas's boat in The Creature from the Black Laggon?
  • Name the classic monsters that are in the movie The Monster Squad.
  • What movie were the gremlins watching in the theatre in Gremlins?

Movie Quote time, name the movie:

• "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick a$$... and I'm all out of bubblegum"
  • "They're heeeeeeeeeeeeere."
  • "It's alive! Look, it's moving! It's alive!! It's alive!!! It's Alive!!!!"
  • "We all go a little mad sometimes."
  • "Whatever you do, don't fall asleep."
  • "I'm saying I'm an insect who dreamt he was a man and loved it, but now that dream is over and the insect is awake."
  • "I'm every nightmare you've ever had. I'm your worst dream come true. I'm everything you ever were afraid of."
  • "They're all going to laugh at you."
  • "I think I should warn you all, when a vampire bites it, it's never a pretty sight. No two bloodsuckers go the same way. Some yell and scream, some go quietly, some explode, some implode, but all will try to take you with them."
  • "There's a box of Twinkies in that grocery store. Not just any box of Twinkies, the last box of Twinkies that anyone will enjoy in the whole universe. Believe it or not, Twinkies have an expiration date. Some day very soon, Life's little Twinkie gauge is gonna go... empty."
  • "An evil old house, the kind some people call haunted, is like an undiscovered country waiting to be explored. Hill House had stood for 90 years and might stand for 90 more. Silence lay steadily against the wood and stone of Hill House, and whatever walked there... walked alone."
  • "I heard the strangest music from the upstairs kitchen and I just... followed it down. Call it... a hunch. Ba-dum chi."

Trivia Answers

• boomstick
  • Skull Island
  • Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, 1931
  • An American Werewolf in London
  • The Exorcist
  • Ardath Bey
  • John Carpenter
  • Stephen King
  • The Munster's
  • Salem's Lot
  • Camp Crystal Lake
  • T-Virus
  • Lon Chaney, Jr
  • Halloween
  • The Molten Meteor or The Glob
  • Scream
  • Night of the Living Dead
  • The Bride of Frankenstein
  • silver wolf-head
  • Audrey II or Audrey Jr.
  • Jigsaw
  • 555-2368
  • 112 Ocean Avenue
  • London, England
  • Peter Cushing and Vincent Price
  • North Pole
  • South Pole
  • The Overlook Hotel
  • Nostromo
  • Orca
  • Rita
  • Dracula, Frankenstein's monster, Wolfman, Gillman, Mummy
  • Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

Movie Quotes:

• They Live!
  • Poltergeist, 1982
  • Frankenstein, 1931
  • Psycho, 1960
  • Nightmare on Elm Street
  • The Fly, 1986
  • Stephen King's It
  • Carrie
  • The Lost Boys
  • Zombieland
  • The Haunting, 1963
  • Young Frankenstein

just wanted to chime in and say this is a really cool idea, and while I seem to know the fast majority of those answers off the top of my head... no way I can afford that shipping just now. I dread to think what it would be to the UK.

that is a thing of beauty... good luck, someone.

I think it's agreat idea and I love those questions. Since shipping costs to Germany would be around 1.57 billion dollars (not included custom fees) I pass. Besides, I wouldn't have a BumbleBeeBarn to display it. ;)

Again, really cool idea and a great prize for those who'll be able to get it. Good luck folks!

When I read the questions I was very keen to enter this competition,the prize looked awesome....I knew many of the answers & I was prepared to go all the way to get the rest some way or another . I was excited.....very excited....my adrenalin was pumping ..... BUT THEN.......I read the shipping charges .....at first I became sad & then just a little bit upset......then angry ....

"Why.. USPS .. hurt me ? Why... make..... Hulk...angry ? Hulk get very angry ..... Hulk get so angry Hulk.. want smash USPS .......

..........now Hulk hate puny Banner " :hulk:

We're working on alternate prizes for those people who can't afford to get the Banner shipped to them.

So please enter anyways! *just note on your entry if you wish to be entered for the grand prize*

OK, I'll enter now. I like the banner, but I have no place to display something that big.

We're working on alternate prizes for those people who can't afford to get the Banner shipped to them.

So please enter anyways! *just note on your entry if you wish to be entered for the grand prize*

AWESOME!I just entered,I believe i got all of them with the exception of one,Finally I could put my horror movie knowledge to use!

*UPDATE* US shipping has been covered for the grand prize (aka we have awesome members on this board :highfive2:). There is also a second prize too, check out the updates above. So keep those entries coming in! Also don't forget about the Hunt Contest, you have until the end of this contest to get points for one of the challenges!

Yes, I'm talking to you all you procrastinators!!!!! :whistling: