UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

PALz

Seanus

I wanted to post this in the Ebay findings posting but couldn't find it and since it's a prototype of a PALZ figure thought I could put it here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Prototype-PALz-X-Files...1QQcmdZViewItem

Prototype of an X-Files PALZ fig.

heh, he looks like the Question... sorta...

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got some of the Buffy Palz figures a while back. I thought they were pretty cool but wished they were minimates instead lol. I just picked up the Gentlemen set off ebay for $11.00 shipped. That is a good deal if ya ask me. I may pick up a few other sets too if I can get them for this cheap.

I like them, but I like my mates way too much!

• 7 months later...

I'm wary of starting a new topic but since I just splurged on some of the amazing X-Files line on ebay I wanted to chat. After producing 2 waves each with multiple exclusives in X-Files and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, PALz seemed to disappear. Lately I've seen ordering info for a Die Hard line-are PALz back or am I just posting at 5 am again? ;)

PALz had the impressive degree of articulation and detail that minimates possess, with accompanying accessories galore. Personally I feel that part of the problem lay therein, since you had to pay extra for the vast amount of jackets, alternative arms, changes of pants, etc. while still only getting one figure. Also I find that one facial expression per head (one on each side) tends to be unusable since the paint (for the eyes especially) will get scratched off by the hair piece.

Despite the flaws, I loved this figure type (although I'd rather simply have minimate versions-but until then...)

So, discuss. PALz: Back in Black or Flash in the Pan?

Palz are dead ... Mostly because palisades the company that made then went under.

IMO palz did some things great, Accessories and extra body parts for example, they also did some not so great, they're pretty fragile and have really ugly hands.

T.

A new collectibles shop just opened up in my area (sadly, they don't sell Minimates), and they had a case of Die Hard Palz so I decided to get one blindbox, just in the hopes of maybe getting McClane or Gruber (sadly, didn't...lol)

I do like the figure in general, has a nice face print and the figure in general is nicely put together, but I do agree with TBT.....the hands are horrid and the arms seem a bit flimsy.

I figured for 5 bucks, I'd give one a shot. Wasn't terriblly dissatisfied, but minimates to me are so much better.

A new collectibles shop just opened up in my area (sadly, they don't sell Minimates), and they had a case of Die Hard Palz so I decided to get one blindbox, just in the hopes of maybe getting McClane or Gruber (sadly, didn't...lol)

I do like the figure in general, has a nice face print and the figure in general is nicely put together, but I do agree with TBT.....the hands are horrid and the arms seem a bit flimsy.

I figured for 5 bucks, I'd give one a shot. Wasn't terriblly dissatisfied, but minimates to me are so much better.

Yeah, the blindbox thing kept me from buying any in the actual stores. I've heard that Palisades is dead-what happened? I certainly bought enough of their Muppet action figures to keep them in business.

I ordered the Buffy Halloween exclusive set from shopafx as part of my order so I could get Web Armor Spidey and I opened it up and immediately the arm on the Xander figure broke when I snapped it on the body. Also because the heads have two faces on them (one in front and one in back) my Cordelia's normal face paint came off on the inside of the hair piece. For only 6$ this was a cool set and no big loss but I do agree that the hands are lame and minimates are infinitely better looking in my opinion.

There is another shop that has opened up locally that has some Buffy Palz.....I'm tempted to buy a couple, 1 set has a clear figure (which I love) and another has a Mini version Pal that is fully articulated, So i was considering seeing how far I could modify it to a minimate and make a Wasp.

We'll see........

Yeah Palisades always had problems with sales, and with getting (or rather not getting) any interest from any of the big box stores for distribution... I think their Muppets line had some of the best toy sculpts ever though, and it still kills me that they went under right before the Sesame Street line went into production. At least they got the Muppet penguins out there though, those were wicked...

The only Palz I bought were the first wave Mulder & Scully, and I think they did a great job on the likeness. The amount of accessories was impressive, but they would have been fine with just guns and FBI badges. Never had any problems with arms breaking or paint apps or anything. I really wanted the second wave Scully in her green autopsy scrubs, but by then they were blind-boxing them and there's no way I was going to buy box after box trying to score a chase (I think it was like 1:60!?)

Yeah Palisades always had problems with sales, and with getting (or rather not getting) any interest from any of the big box stores for distribution... I think their Muppets line had some of the best toy sculpts ever though, and it still kills me that they went under right before the Sesame Street line went into production. At least they got the Muppet penguins out there though, those were wicked...

The only Palz I bought were the first wave Mulder & Scully, and I think they did a great job on the likeness. The amount of accessories was impressive, but they would have been fine with just guns and FBI badges. Never had any problems with arms breaking or paint apps or anything. I really wanted the second wave Scully in her green autopsy scrubs, but by then they were blind-boxing them and there's no way I was going to buy box after box trying to score a chase (I think it was like 1:60!?)

Scully scrubbed up.

post-638-1195673174_thumb.jpg

Gah! Now I want it all over again... lemme know if you ever want to trade/sell!

It's for sale on ebay for $19.99. Apparantly the chase is 1:64-yikes! (If the trade falls through, it's at PALz Scully in Scrubs).

It's for sale on ebay for $19.99. Apparantly the chase is 1:64-yikes! (If the trade falls through, it's at PALz Scully in Scrubs).

Thanks for the link dude, I tried searching eBay but the only listing that came up was one for $60 -- I guess this one didn't show up because it's only listed as shipping within the US (I'm in Canada)... but I'll try emailing him to see.

Thanks for the link dude, I tried searching eBay but the only listing that came up was one for $60 -- I guess this one didn't show up because it's only listed as shipping within the US (I'm in Canada)... but I'll try emailing him to see.

If he won't mail to Canada, you can have it mailed to me and I'll mail it to you. PM me if this is the case.

If he won't mail to Canada, you can have it mailed to me and I'll mail it to you. PM me if this is the case.

PM'd you back, but it turns out the seller will ship here if I win it. Thanks again for the offer!

On a related note, I can't believe eBay's Canadian portal has been filtering out any search results that don't specifically say they'll ship to Canada or "worldwide" or whatever! Finding things with their screwy search function is bad enough without missing out on items that may well be available if I just ask... :blink:

There are 2 main ebay sellers of PALz ,corndogcollectibles & bigsnowtrading. They are both ex-directors of Palisades ,Ken Lilly & Mike Renegar respectively. Corndogcollectibles has just about everything ever produced by Palisades whilst bigsnowtrading lists pretty much the same stuff each week. My current (temporary) avatar features the PALz Buffy line exclusive ,Nightmare Xander & Flukeman from the first X-Files Series. The outhouse featured was an actual accessory with the Flukeman & is typical of the way the PALz lines never took themselves too seriously.

post-638-1195757761_thumb.jpg

post-638-1195757721_thumb.jpg

Look at the owner of the dunny .....Lilly Sanitation :biggrin:

post-638-1195757910_thumb.jpg

I take no credit for the photos, these are from the excellent Michael Crawford reviews.

post-638-1195757786_thumb.jpg

Yeah, thanks to someone on Ken's website I was able to complete my Buffy series. For the most part I liked these and hope that DST can somehow expand on both the Minimate and Buffy/Angel line to do Minimates down the road. While sales of the figures might be dwindling (Not based on anything, just rumblings I've heard), I would think the Minimate line would do well :unsure: I do agreee that it's said that Palisade went south like it did, they truly had the best collectors club I've ever seen. Free contests, exclusive offers and great communication on their boards.

There are 2 main ebay sellers of PALz ,corndogcollectibles & bigsnowtrading. They are both ex-directors of Palisades ,Ken Lilly & Mike Renegar respectively.

Interesting, I'd stumbled across the Corndog shop before, randomly searching Muppets stuff, but I didn't realize it was Ken Lilly, just thought someone had bought up all the office leftovers. Those sarcastic Q&As he used to do on the Palisades board were great. Soon as I can remember what I did with that extra four grand, I'm totally buying the Oscar the Grouch prototype (sadly, not true).

• 1 month later...