UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Anyone collect Mez-itz?

Shanester

Does anyone collect Mezco Mez-itz figures? OR Does anyone know anything about this figure?

100_0898.jpg?t=1183076326

You can't really see them at the bottom, but he comes with some cool weapons. His card says Defenders of the Dragon, Exclusive Crimson Dragon Figure.

Nevermind, just found this:

http://actionfigures.about.com/od/otherfig...dcc05exc_10.htm

Shane, that was actually one that Mezco was selling at the 2005 SDCC. I think he was around $5-10.00? I remember I picked it up when I picked up the 05 Extreme Hellboy figure. Here's some information on the line though, not sure if it helps though? But it looks like you can buy some of that line on Mezco Direct Store. I am sorry to say though, I don't have a extra one for you brother :(

Thanks Don, but actually, this one is mine. I got it in a huge lot of mini figures and didn't know what it was.

If anyone here collects Mez-itz or just like Ninja, let me know. ;)

What they all said. Donster hit it perfectly.

Defender of the Dragon and Pirates were two very excellent Mez-Itz series released by Mezco. Sadly, I believe they were the last chance, death-rattle for the line. Seems the mini block figure rage is settling out. Fortunatley, our beloved MiniMates have survived.

• 4 weeks later...

I liked the mez-itz, they were cool in there time. I only got the first alien line and the sdcc exclusives predator set. but have alway wanted the predator and second alien set. They look really cool fighting the minimates.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I've got a funny feeling a lot more people will soon be collecting new-style Mez-Itz. Everybody loves the Watchmen. That's on top of Beetlejuice, Wolfman, Freddy, Jason, Hellboy, and Clash of the Titans. That's a lot of Mez-itz. Not my thing, but hoorah if it's yours.

Edited by Turtle

Those big ones are. . .too big for my tastes. Plus, I'm not a big fan of the shape. I like the smaller Dick Tracy figures I have, and would like to get Ash/Predators one of these days just because no other mini-, block-type figure versions of them exists, but would take the Kubricks over the smaller Mez-Itz any day.

I used to buy the old style Mez-Itz, but was turned off to how brittle the plastic was on them. I had a few with broken hands as a result of holding their accessories.

I am, however, a huge fan of the new style Mez-Itz. Of course, I'm also a Mighty Mugg freak, so I guess it makes sense. Really enjoying the new and improved Mez-Itz.

I have to admit I have several of the older style for the same reason Sam stated. I've got Ash, Universal Monsters, Predators, Aliens, Robocop and, my favorites, RunDMC because there's no other mini sized figures for those characters. At some point, I'll probably get the Dick Tracy ones (which I still kick myself for not getting when they were on clearance years ago). But I'm not at all interested in the new style (except for Beetlejuice).

I actually saw some other Run DMC mini-figures at Toys R Us awhile back. However, they had no articulation, and were realistically proportioned. They were probably 1 1/2-2 inches tall. They might have had other rappers, too. I can't remember.

I actually saw some other Run DMC mini-figures at Toys R Us awhile back. However, they had no articulation, and were realistically proportioned. They were probably 1 1/2-2 inches tall. They might have had other rappers, too. I can't remember.

They also had Ice-T and Alice Cooper.

Mez-itz used to rock till they brought them back to cash in on the cutesy vinyl craze.

More than one non-collector I've shown Minimates to has responded with "Cute."

I got one of the new comic version Hellboy Mez-itz on a whim, and like it a lot, but none of the others have really appealed to me so far.

Bwa-ha! Mezco did a fantastically awesome job on the 8 inch comic line, and it looks like they have carried their brilliant representation of Mignola's work into the comic Mez-itz. I've been fighting the urge to spend on anything not Minimates, but it's hard to say no to Hellboy.

• 3 months later...