UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Deadpool Exclusive Images

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omgomgomgomgomgomg!! :D :D :D :D

Sorry about all the smilies and "omigod's," but that is one fantastic minimate. you know, if they had anwered our prayers a while ago and gave us Deadpool, it wouldn't be half as good. So thank you very, very, VERY much DST.

And the shear amount of accessoires is amazing. these are supposed to be the new "Window-box waves," so i wonder how they'll fit all of them...And the two masks, and his actual face are great. This is quite possibly going to be the most demanded mate of the new year (until we get pics of Gambit and Psylocke ;) ), and i will definitely be getting three...

Amazing mate. Nuff said.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Sweet mother of all that's holy!

Now this I might accept from a box-set 'Mate, but that many accessories in a regular wave? Man, this line just keeps getting better! And best of all, he looks like, well, Deadpool!

Ladies and gents, please let me draw attention to the fact that DST is now able to... drum roll please... Reuse DCD pieces!

dont forget the sneak peek at some of the pieces that will be in the Punisher boxset! this looks awsome!!!

Jeff of the Miniacs

i don't believe it. deadpool comes with SO many weapons... I am still waiting to post the real picture.

You mean you have an actual picture of the prototype?! :blink:

Hey, we can always dream right?

Personally, since this is basically a design spec I'm actually a little worried that some of these weapons might not even make it on the final product and get past the design stage. Looks like Drgn wasn't kidding about the budget for the wave that went into Deadpool's weapons alone. I only hope we DO get all of DP's weapons intact and STILL get a decently-rendered Gambit/Sabretooth.

Personally, since this is basically a design spec I'm actually a little worried that some of these weapons might not even make it on the final product and get past the design stage. Looks like Drgn wasn't kidding about the budget for the wave that went into Deadpool's weapons alone. I only hope we DO get all of DP's weapons intact and STILL get a decently-rendered Gambit/Sabretooth.

I don't think DST would let us show this image unless they were confident that all of the accessories would be included. Of course, that might just be my runaway optimism talking. :)

I don't think DST would let us show this image unless they were confident that all of the accessories would be included. Of course, that might just be my runaway optimism talking. :)

Interesting point, but then doesn't DST occasionally change a Minimate's design at the last minute? Case in point: the hairpieces of She-Hulk and Pepper Potts. Although these are relatively minor examples compared to a whole arsenal of merc weapons, and I know nothing of the inner workings of the toy industry.

It's true that oftentimes DST has changed course midstream. Since the dreaded move from blister packs to boxes, the Marvel line has been filled with packaging that does not accurately display the product inside. Generally, its problems in the mass production that cause any last minute changes to design. Considering a bulk of Deadpool's gear is based on pre-existing molds, I imagine there will be little change in the quantity of his arsenal. And as far as the budgeting is concerned, I imagine we could see a few "part reuse" figures pop up in there, but things seem to have gotten better lately about simple color-swap characters, so I could be wrong. Besides, the preexisting parts library is far larger than it was in the past, meaning more can be made from parts we've already seen than was possible even a short year ago.

And for the record, I have no intricate knowledge of how things operate behind the scenes in this industry, I'm just making educated guesses based on past trends and comments.

It's true that oftentimes DST has changed course midstream. Since the dreaded move from blister packs to boxes, the Marvel line has been filled with packaging that does not accurately display the product inside. Generally, its problems in the mass production that cause any last minute changes to design. Considering a bulk of Deadpool's gear is based on pre-existing molds, I imagine there will be little change in the quantity of his arsenal. And as far as the budgeting is concerned, I imagine we could see a few "part reuse" figures pop up in there, but things seem to have gotten better lately about simple color-swap characters, so I could be wrong. Besides, the preexisting parts library is far larger than it was in the past, meaning more can be made from parts we've already seen than was possible even a short year ago.

And for the record, I have no intricate knowledge of how things operate behind the scenes in this industry, I'm just making educated guesses based on past trends and comments.

That's a reassuring thought! I really can't wait to get my hands on Deadpool and his awesome accessories! I guess I just got a little worried since he seemed to have even more stuff than Taskmaster and Deathstroke combined.

That's one cool Mini-Deadpool!

With all those accessories, you can bet there's going to be another price increase! I'm guessing $9.99 a pack...

Price increase?! GOD FORBID!!! :ohmy::geek::pinch::nuke:

• 3 weeks later...

When in 2009 are they expected to be coming out? January? February? March? April? May?

Aw... now I'm so excited. I can't wait! So many accessories, so many awesome accessories... and he has two masks? Sweet. Once this comes out, this is definetly going to be my favorite 'mate.

How many accessories does he come with? He has two swords, about five guns, and a knife? Right?

Oh, and I wouldn't mind paying $9.99 for this pack.

Edited by Shup Dude

When in 2009 are they expected to be coming out? January? February? March? April? May?

Aw... now I'm so excited. I can't wait! So many accessories, so many awesome accessories... and he has two masks? Sweet. Once this comes out, this is definetly going to be my favorite 'mate.

How many accessories does he come with? He has two swords, about five guns, and a knife? Right?

Oh, and I wouldn't mind paying $9.99 for this pack.

I just answered your question to this in another thread yesterday!

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...ost&p=87160

You could at least pretend to have read peoples replies to your questions...

T.

• 3 weeks later...