Bob's Customs - Assassin's Creed II Ezio, p.29

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Best custom you've ever made. Ever.

And just so you know, I have an Axe Cop shirt. I like to wear it when I drive around in my truck with the Axe Cop bumper sticker on the back and an 'Only cowboys and warriors can control the magic riding spider.' sticker on the dash.

i recently started reading axe cop, i cant remember where i am but i know i havnt gotten to the mcninja crossover, i find it to be great fun and deffinitley something i would have come up with at that age.

also something i thought you might be interested in knowing is the writer of Dr. Mcninja is writing the deadpool series for fear itself :D

Yes it would - but it would also mean Marvel buying off Dr. McNinja, right? So let's keep it a dream. Or fan art!

(I would love to use this emoticon right now: :whistling:, because it would hint on me actually doing some secret Dr. McNinja / Deadpool fan art, which I am sadly not. :( )

Very Very COOL-I had actually never heard of Axe Cop before.Thank you for the links .Axe Cop is the man

Here's another one, Bob. Dang, you and Luke both always get such nice coverage. :)

Thanks, TM2.

Very Very COOL-I had actually never heard of Axe Cop before.Thank you for the links .Axe Cop is the man

Jap, Axe Cop is the man. You're learning pretty fast, eclipse!

Thanks Shamrock! And I really like to see what you'd do different. You already beat the living s**t out of my Hellboy custom with yours - metaphorically speaking - so bring it on. :teehee:

In other news and continuing with the Selbstbeweihräucherung, Ethan posted my custom on the offcial Axe Cop site! :woot:

And Comic Alliance found him, too.

Edited by Bob Harris

Alan Scott and Mr. Terrific look great! It is awesome that you share the decals too!

After viewing your custom, I decided to check out Axe Cop. Now I can't stop reading it! Your custom of both Axe Cop and Dr. McNinja are superb!

As you might have seen over at the Custom Con 28 thread, I made a series of Minimates, based on one of Garth Ennis' most impressive series and one of my favorite comics ever. So I'm proud to announce:

Preacher-Title.jpg

Let's get started with the protagonist of the series and one of the most bad ass characters ever created:

Jesse Custer

"A small-town reverend receives the Word of God, allowing him to order people to do whatever he commands. Using this power, he begins a journey of discovery and revenge across the United States, aiming to force the Almighty Himself to answer to his creation for His sins. When Jesse uses the Word, his eyes turn red and his voice sounds like nails scraping against your soul. After everybody thought he was dead, Jesse in fact lost an eye and lost his track. But after some serious trouble and some bad things happening in a small town called Salvation, TX, Jesse makes his way to Alamo, to finally end the things he started."

It took me a while to finally start reading Preacher, after I read the first issue some years ago and that whole angels in heaven thing didn't work for me. But after a while, actually when I was in New York, I finally picked up the first collection as a tradepaperback and I was sold. Totally and without any doubt, this is as good as comics can get! I really loved how the characters were developed and how the plot evolved to be this epic story. Amazing work. I do understand that some people might feel offended, because that's what it does - it offends in religious, cultural, sexual, social and many other ways. Anyway, I can really recommand it to everybody who's open to read a story where God himself is hunted down by a preacher and a lot of ugly (really ugly!) things happening.

The idea to do some minimates of the main characters - although I had to pass on a lot of them and no, there's no Herr Starr on the horizon - grew on me pretty soon, and I started colletcting parts. Most of the characters are civilians and that's always a hard thing to customize in my eyes (although Mini Myte prooves I'm wrong!). Anyway, here's Jesse Custer as he appears in the first volumes including the red eyed Word of God version of him, and as he appeares in the last volumes with the eye patch (Now that is the look I love most and sorry for the minor spoiler!) The recipe is pretty easy: I used the Few More Dollars' El Indio hair piece, Jicksaw's collar - one of the most important parts for a reverend, right? -, Spirit's chest piece, a black jacket - I don't remember where I got it from - and some generic arms and legs. The face in all three versions is a decal, heavily inspired by Luke's art!

Jesse-03.jpg Jesse-01.jpg

Alamo-Jesse-01.jpg Alamo-Jesse-02.jpg

"We don’t gotta just accept the way things are. Just like we don’t gotta let ourselves be lessened by death or any damn thing. Just like we don’t need no God to shape the world for us. We can make our lives the way we want them- or we ain’t worth nothing." (Jesse Custer)

Edited by Bob Harris