UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC LEGOs

boyd

No... price creep is coming to Lego too. For the newer releases, the former $10 price point is closer $12 or $14 for example. (I have a pair of Legomaniacs in my home) Add to that the fact that liscenced Lego sets are always more expensive, and there you go.

And here's the thing... TRU, for the most part, is not adding a big mark up to their stuff. It's just that the other major chains, like Wal-Mart and Target, sell toys for below MSRP in the hopes Mommy and Daddy will buy something else while trying to save a buck on toys.

Actually, the four sets i waited on just showed up on lego shop at home forless, $14.99 each on the robot hero type things and $12.99 for the catwoman set so it is just a TRU markup

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm definitely interested, if nothing else, to add the minifigs to my work desk (my collection includes various figs from Collectable Minifigs Wave 1 - 5, Dastan, Captain Jack, Indiana Jones, Lego Santa and Ash Williams). HOWEVER as someone who's not overly fond of Batman, I'm disappointed at the lack of non-Batman sets.

Personally I am more interested in seeing the four Earth Green Lanterns (especially Kyle), Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Aquaman, the Flash, the Atom and the other DC heroes I find more interesting and compelling then Mr Wayne. I will be getting the Superman set though. I'm hoping another wave is announced for 2012.

Edited by pawcanada

i picked up the lex robot, batwing, and batmobile sets yesterday and although the sets seem smaller than the first round of batman lego they are everybit as cool. i passed on the other four sets as the TRU price tag of $17.99ea. on these seems high ill wait and see what they come out at walmart for

TRU is known for marking up Lego, especially at the Holidays. If you can wait, there will be plenty at other retailers in the new year.

I'll be getting the Luthor set and the Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape set.

I like the minimate batplane and batmobile designs better than the current Lego sets.

Yeah the Batjet and Batmobile are the only C3 sets that I hung on to and I am glad because I also think they look better than what we are getting here.

No... price creep is coming to Lego too. For the newer releases, the former $10 price point is closer $12 or $14 for example. (I have a pair of Legomaniacs in my home) Add to that the fact that liscenced Lego sets are always more expensive, and there you go.

And here's the thing... TRU, for the most part, is not adding a big mark up to their stuff. It's just that the other major chains, like Wal-Mart and Target, sell toys for below MSRP in the hopes Mommy and Daddy will buy something else while trying to save a buck on toys.

Sorry, MM, but you are incorrect.

Check Lego shop@home website for msrp. If you compare that to Target, they are usually the same (on very few occasions Target has an odd markup). Compare it to TRU, and you will see the insane price hikes.

And, some of the new DC sets are actually coming in at the golden price point of 10 cents per piece, despite being a license.

wow, i was back at TRU today and they have raised the prices again!from 17.99 to 19.99 on the robots(14.99 msrp) 17.99 to 19.99 on the catwoman chase(msrp 12.99) 39.99 to 44.99 on the batwing (34.99 msrp) and 49.99 to 54.99 on batmobile set (49.99 msrp)

Yup; I never buy Lego at TRU for this reason. Target & Fred Meyer in WA have regular sales, and if I want to pay msrp I am fortunate enough to have a Lego store 5 blocks from the TRU (nice for those TRU and WalMart exclusives). TRU really likes to gouge for the pleasure of having new year sets early.

Personally I am more interested in seeing the four Earth Green Lanterns (especially Kyle), Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Aquaman, the Flash, the Atom and the other DC heroes I find more interesting and compelling then Mr Wayne. I will be getting the Superman set though. I'm hoping another wave is announced for 2012.

Wow, I thought I was the only one who felt this way. I think I would pretty much have the same list as you do :thumbsup:

Wow, I thought I was the only one who felt this way. I think I would pretty much have the same list as you do :thumbsup:

Post 52 Booster Gold was one of my FAVOURITE series. It allowed the character to get a lot more depth and growth that I feel made him one of the best heroes DC has; I was really disappointed when his series never carried over into the new 52 especially with so many un-resolved plot lines (though someone said if it did, he'd go out of his way to undo it). Blue Beetle (at least Ted Kord) is a character I've not really read bar his involved with BG but from what little I see, he has all the "qualities" of Batman (powerless super genius inventor) but with a greater sense of humour, charm and personality - aspects I feel Batman severely lacks (though I'll admit my dislike of Batman is more due to the way other writers de-rail other heroes (especially Superman, whom I've developed a lot of respect and interest in) to make Batman more awesome by comparison - Frank Millar's work and JLA Act of God spring to mind). Aquaman is a character who gets a really bad rap but his involvement in Brightest Day actually made him interesting in my eyes and I am liking Geoff's work on his new run. And finally, Kyle is the guy who got me interested in DC and Green Lantern in the first place. Until then I was a Spider-Man fanboy/Marvel Zombie. I can understand people's dislike of the character but I grew up reading about him, much like how Ben was a key focus of the Spidey comics I started to read.

Now granted I suspect Booster and Beetle are too minor to get any Lego sets made of them (which is a shame) but I'm hoping the Green Lanterns and Aquaman stand a better shot.

If they are in the game, there's a chance. Yeah, there's gonna be/is a game- Lego Batman 2: DC Universe. They are pulling it on the back of the boxes. And while it probably won't be true that every character iun the game will get a toy, I doubt they'll get toys without being in the game.

Is it kosher to drop links in here?

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/lego-gets-full-dc-comics-license

3000 Green Lantern and Batman minifig give away.. and it looks like we are talking the full DC Comics License so Supes, WW, Flash, Luthor, Sinestro, etc. My desire for DC Minimates may force me to collect these.

..and I'm with you guys.. I REALLY hope this leads to a LEGO DCU video game. Playing Batman Lego, I always made home made Hal Jordan's and Superman's to play in the game... the whole time I wished that this would be the next step!

Sounds like there is an announcement in the advertising inside the new DC Lego sets that says LEGO BATMAN 2: DC Superheroes is official and coming out in 2012 (most likely near the relase of the new Batman movie). I CAN NOT WAIT for this game!..

As far as the building sets go.. I am tempted to get the Lex Luthor robot with Wonder Woman and Superman.. but I may wait to see some GL and Flash sets first. I like how many minifigs they are putting in these sets.. even the smaller sets. Kreons could learn from this. :)

Edited by The Vox

Is it kosher to drop links in here?

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/lego-gets-full-dc-comics-license

3000 Green Lantern and Batman minifig give away.. and it looks like we are talking the full DC Comics License so Supes, WW, Flash, Luthor, Sinestro, etc. My desire for DC Minimates may force me to collect these.

..and I'm with you guys.. I REALLY hope this leads to a LEGO DCU video game. Playing Batman Lego, I always made home made Hal Jordan's and Superman's to play in the game... the whole time I wished that this would be the next step!

Sounds like there is an announcement in the advertising inside the new DC Lego sets that says LEGO BATMAN 2: DC Superheroes is official and coming out in 2012 (most likely near the relase of the new Batman movie). I CAN NOT WAIT for this game!..

As far as the building sets go.. I am tempted to get the Lex Luthor robot with Wonder Woman and Superman.. but I may wait to see some GL and Flash sets first. I like how many minifigs they are putting in these sets.. even the smaller sets. Kreons could learn from this. :)

GET IT! Seriously, the Lex suit set is one of the best values in this line so far for $20 with 3 main minifigs and a cool robot suit. And for $40 the Joker Funhouse is a great deal too, with Batman, Robin, Riddler, Joker AND Harley all in one set! I got the benefit of buying them at the Lego Store in Anaheim at MSRP plus rewards points! (plus 10% off IF you have a Disneyland annual pass)

• 2 weeks later...

i have all of the new ones except the batcave at this point(back ordered), and though they are basically re-makes of the first series sets with lower part counts they are still great, now just waiting on the Marvel sets to appear :biggrin:

Edited by Mattallica

Odd that I haven't seen a single one of these at Walmart.

Out of the big three they are only hitting Target and TRU atm. If you find one you like, buy it. You may not get another chance in the near future. My wife is a HUGE WW collector. We've been trying to track down the Lex Superman set since we first saw it almost a month ago. Then we remembered Amazon exists...Now it is no longer a problem.

and a bit more info

Marvel sets will be based on the Avengers movie, X-Men comics and Spider-Man comics.

Spider-Man

6873 Doc Ock’s Ambush - estimated release 8/15/12 – expect Spider-Man vs. Doc Octopus

6865 – Captain America’s ™ Avenging Cycle – Captain America, Nick Fury (+ a motorcycle)

6867 – Loki’s ™ Cosmic Cube Escape – Loki, Thor, Captain America

6868 – Hulk’s ™ Helicarrier Breakout – Hulk, Black Widow, Iron Man, Captain America

6869 – Quinjet Aerial Battle – Thor, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Iron Man (+ the Quinjet)

X-Men

6866 – Wolverine’s ™ Chopper Showdown – Wolverine, Deadpool, Magneto (+ a motorcycle)

Avengers Ultrabuild

4597 Captain America

4529 Iron Man

4530 Hulk

Edited by Mattallica

• 2 weeks later...

Got the Lex mech suit.

Great set for $20 at Target - I used a Christmas gift card. Turns out TRU was $25.

This was fun to build. The mech suit is very poseable. It might fit minimates but haven't tried that yet.

This leads me to an obvious question to ask the fine folks at Lego (does anyone know how to do this?):

SENTINELS!

Please make a Sentinel set to go with Wolverine, Colossus, and Cyclops with the Marvel line.

The mind boggles with the possibilities.

Got the Lex mech suit.

Great set for $20 at Target - I used a Christmas gift card. Turns out TRU was $25.

This was fun to build. The mech suit is very poseable. It might fit minimates but haven't tried that yet.

This leads me to an obvious question to ask the fine folks at Lego (does anyone know how to do this?):

SENTINELS!

Please make a Sentinel set to go with Wolverine, Colossus, and Cyclops with the Marvel line.

The mind boggles with the possibilities.

Picked this set up as well. Basically just for the Wonder Woman since my wife collects all things Wonder Woman, but I must say the set is awesome for $20. Can't wait to pick up the Batmobile and all the new Marvel sets!