UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Amazing Spider-Man 1/2 Discussion

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of Miles taking over for #5 or whatever, but when Miles arrived on the scene I had one cynical thought; 'this has happened so that Will Smiths kid can be Spidey in about 5/6 years time'.

I'll be 'amazed' if he isn't in the running should Miles ever pop up in the movie verse. Just as long as he doesn't do the soundtrack....

That doesn't bode well for the movie. Could they not already tell that the movie would be too crowded to begin with?

I really hope that Peters personal life isn't given second billing to more villains/action. I felt that the relationships between Peter and Gwen/Uncle Ben etc were the best thing about the first movie. I was looking forward to more of the same with MJ added in for good measure.

They aren't replacing her. Apparently they're leaving her out of 2 and waiting until 3. I'm assuming they'll bring Shailene back; they likely would already have her contracted, with a role like MJ.

But yea, if they can cut arguable the 2nd most important Spider-man character from the whole movie, after she was filmed, this is pretty bad news.

They aren't replacing her. Apparently they're leaving her out of 2 and waiting until 3. I'm assuming they'll bring Shailene back; they likely would already have her contracted, with a role like MJ.

But yea, if they can cut arguable the 2nd most important Spider-man character from the whole movie, after she was filmed, this is pretty bad news.

After that announcement there was another article where Sony said that due to working on a sci if film they'll maybe have to replace her in the 3rd movie and those that follow.

MAJOR SPOILERS, DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT A HUGE SURPRISE/ PORTION OF THE FILM SPOILED

So it has recently been revealed that the Green Goblin will in fact be included in the climax of the film as some large set pieces were shown including a broken gas chamber similar to the one used in Spider-Man 1 including a cut out for the glider. Kind of weird to have 3 villains again with the Goblin being shown where the Electro fight should be.. Pictures for proof http://www.movieweb.com/news/the-amazing-spider-man-2-plot-spoilers-revealed-about-peters-parents-and-the-epic-climax

And now even more news, this time non spoiler; It looks like Sarah Gadon was just cast... Could she be the new MJ?

MV5BMTM2MTAzMzg4N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDI3

I loved Shailene Woodley being cast as MJ although she did look a bit young. I know people complained about Emma Stone looking like MJ prior to ASM, but c'mon this is perfect Gwen Stacy, with absolutely no Mary Jane features... Don't get me wrong she is still extremely beautiful but she just doesn't pop as an MJ pre-set photos. Who else could she be cast as???

Edited by darkredshdow

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have to say, the design for Electro is killer. the special effects look impressive... but, is it just me, or do his teeth look weird to anyone else? it almost seems like they're trying to make his teeth glow as well, but it just makes them look like they're covered in a layer of slime or something...

oh, and the eyes are creepy. I love it

• 1 month later...