UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Amazing Spider-Man 1/2 Discussion

Some interesting thoughts about what was left out of the movie:

Read only if you seen the movie:http://badassdigest.com/2012/07/05/was-the-untold-story-cut-from-the-amazing-spider-man/

Hope the DVD has the deleted footage.....released 5 months after the first DVD is out calling it a "SPIDER-SENSE" edition or some garbage like that. I hate when they do that. <_<

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the top costume looks like a little kid is wearing it. but looks comic accurate. the bottom one has a spidey 2099 feel with the webs. the other 2 I'm glad they rejected.

The second one of the bottom three designs looks like Spider-Carnage to me. Nifty!

I watched the spill review and they went with a Rental which is the second lowest vote they can give.

Basically 1 guy liked it the other three not so much and thought it was much too soon for a reboot from the last lot of movies.

I've not seen it yet so cant comment myself.

I really liked it (for whatever that's worth to you). I think it's my favorite Spider-man movie, but I'm also still really excited from seeing it recently. It looks to me like the biggest complaint people have with this movie is that it is a reboot, but I'm okay with it. The old franchise is not going to continue. Tobey and Raimi aren't going to make Spider-man 4, so a reboot is your only chance to see Spidey back on the big screen. I'm sorry we all have to see Peter get bit and Uncle Ben get shot again, but the last time you saw that in theaters was 10 years ago.

Dark Knight Rises will be the last Batman movie of this franchise. How long do you want to wait before seeing another Batman movie after this? It will be a reboot too. And how much time was there in between Batman and Robin and Batman Begins? Why do so many people care that ASM is a reboot?

I would recommend going to see this movie and trying to see it as a stand alone movie instead of comparing it to the decade old one. It's a fast, fun movie about a character I love and I'm just glad to see old web head back on the big screen.

So many people care about ASM because it represents the foreshadowing of the end of the golden age of the geek, even if they don't know it.

There's a thing in biology called carrying capacity. Essentially what it is is the maximum number of organisms an ecosystem can sustain before it starts collapsing in on itself. Bacteria do this all the time. Like a bell graph. They multiply exponentially before they reach their peak or carrying capacity, and then they die.

Half in the Bag touched on this briefly, but some friends and I were actually talking about this. Hollywood is the atypical, money grubbing human based organism. They don't see anything but dollar signs. And they move at an increasingly faster pace as they want more money. They can't afford to have Spiderman off the silver screen for any length of time, because that stems the flow of cash. So SM4 isn't coming out? Reboot time. Daredevil was a flop? Reboot time. Nolan's Batman doesn't fit in with their JLU wet dream? Reboot time. The new Batman reboot could come out as soon as 2014/15.

And we're reaching a point where audiences can't take it as the market become more and more flooded, not just with properties, but the speed of them. Once the curve peaks, we're looking at several major flicks that should have made billions suddenly flopping. Web of Spiderman had Carnage and Black Cat. Transformers 5 had G1 designs. Avengers 3 had the expanded roster on the West Coast. But they still flopped because people can;t care.

At which point this love affair Hollywood has with Geeks (money) will dry up, and we'll go back to chick flicks and testosterone based sports movie. And the glorious dream will be over.

That's just one way of looking at it. Reward bad behavior (reboot) get more bad behavior (reboot)

I get what you're saying. It's an interesting way to look at the state of super hero movies. My only question then is would you rather Spider-man 3 be the last of the Spider-man movies and not have a Spider-man movie in theaters this year? And to piggyback that question, would you want DKR to be the last Batman movie and never be rebooted? If so, then should we even have the Nolan Batman movies, because they were just a reboot from the Burton/Schumacher movies...

I don't think there is anything wrong with the movie industry wanting our money as long as they give us quality movies in return.

I care more about getting an entertaining film. I grew up reading self-contained one-shots in comics. Creative teams might have changed from issue to issue but if the story was fun and the art was good, I was entertained enough to buy next month's issue.

I'm the same with movies. I wish studios would concentrate more on making good, individual films rather than obsessing over creating the next blockbuster franchise. I think Christopher Nolan has proven that if you make your solo films as good as you can, the franchise will take care of itself. I'm all for planning ahead but not at the expense of rushing a film to meet a tight schedule.

Another thing to remember is that we've got a studio that specializes exclusively in comic book movies. Marvel Studios doesn't do musicals or comedies or any other genre but super-hero flicks. Combine that with all the other studios jumping on the comic book bandwagon – WB, Sony, Fox, et al – and you've got a market that's pretty saturated with men in tights.

Except that's Amerizilla

Zilla (proper name for Amerizilla) is the evil of the two, Godzilla only fights monsters, he just happens to destroy a city or two in doing so, so it'd be unrealistic for him to be chomping down on a guy....think about it

Words cannot express how unbelievably happy that made me. Makes me want to find my old Zilla figure and have him fight Spider-Man. Because I can-dy. Do as I please. I'm spreadin chocolate baby. I got no cheese.

You're welcome. A friend of mine actually gave me that a week or two ago because he found it in his basement and had no love for it. Then another friend came home for the 4th of July and decided Captain Stacy would not fare well against it. I just took the picture.

• 3 months later...

So the latest rumours that have just hit the interwebs is that Jamie Foxx is being looked at to play Electro in the next movie. For me its quite understandable as I would guess that the modern marvel movies are more tied into the Ultimate verse/style where Electro is African-American then the classic 616 verse. I think he's a great actor and no matter who played Electro I think it would have been near impossible to pull off a none campy version of the 616 costume.

I would guess this is the type of look they are going for.

UltimateElectro442.jpg

• 3 months later...

Isn't that just the Raimi suit with the same raised webbing and different eyes?

yeah it is except I thought Raimi raised webbing was silverish. Kind of funny they said in the article that it's the most accurate costume to date when IMO Raimi's suit would have that distinction.

edit: also didn't this movie make a ton of money? If this news is accurate why would they bother changing costumes? I'm all for the change as I might actually see the next one then.

Edited by Webhead

it really does, very pleased. I did like the last one, sure it had problems (mainly the eyes for me) but it served its purpose as a more quick, home assembled costume. I think they also wanted something different to distance it from the Raimi films? (perhaps going a little far).

Not 100% on the logo still, but its essentially perfect, and its all in the eyes for me... love 'em.