UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Amazing Spider-Man 1/2 Discussion

*May be spoiler*

A stunt double posted a picture in the original costume during filming for this one, so it should be safe to assume the suit gets destroyed early in the film so he decides to create this one.

It was revealed the stunt man had taken the picture during filming of the last film. So far there have been no set pics of the older costume but it could still make an appearance.

Given the amount of abuse the costume took in the last movie, a new costume is required.

Come to think of it, the suit was already seen miraculously mended at the end of the movie.

amazing-spider-man.jpg

Yeah, dey got some 'splaining' to do. cool.png

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I don't usually build up high expectations for these things, but that suit looks SO good compared to the previous one, that I find myself really looking forward to this.

D'ya think Rhino will get to looking like a gigantic rhino man at any time in this film? Or do you think they'll be like "Nah, too silly?"

They had a 9ft tall lizard man in the last one, I doubt too silly will be a concern for this one tongue.png

I don't think it will be a guy in a suit but more of him going all animorph and turning into a rhino. Electro's already turning into an electric eel ..

72936946.png

• 2 weeks later...

here are some new pics of Rhino in "costume"

ku-xlarge.jpg

... my first thought was that it's a CG motion capture type of thing, to assist with the special effects of the costume in post production... but a second look makes me think it's not motion capture so much as part of a robotic suit. Plus, apparently Spidey calls him a "mechanized hippopotamus" in the scene this shot is from ... I guess it makes sense to a Hollywood mind if the Rhino was a guy in an Avatar-type suit, but considering how they did a giant lizard in the last movie, and how Rhino will be accompanying a blue-skinned villain with electrical powers, I'm not sure why they would opt for something more "realistic" with this one aspect...?

more pics here

Wasn't the Ultmate Rhino some sort of Army prototype mecha suit? I remember liking the look of it from the computer game, but I don't recall the backstory.

It was a suit, but I dunno about army prototype. In the Ultimate Spider-Man comics I have, which run all the way up to Ultimatum, he only appeared in one major appearance. And I wouldn't even call it that major. Still, Rhino in a mechsuit... yes.

Nope, you aren't the only one. The only way I see this movie really working, is if Rhino and Electro are intentionally over-the-top screw-up villains to contrast a very dark and evil Norman Osborn. Basically, use Rhino and Electro as a way to boost up Spidey's ego, build his reputation, and then have Osborn take him down to ground level again.

I actually have a feeling Electro is going to be all "friendly Max Dillon" until it all goes horribly wrong and he becomes Electro.

However, Rhino is not gonna be serious at all. I can already tell.

• 3 weeks later...

So, did you hear that spidey 3 will be coming out in 2016 and 4 in 2018?

You beat me by a minute! I think 4 is shaping up to be great with allegedly the sinister six as the villians. If Sony is gutsy and pulls an ultimate universe ending to number 4 I would seriously applaud them!

Edited by darkredshdow

You beat me by a minute! I think 4 is shaping up to be great with allegedly the sinister six as the villians. If Sony is gusty and pulls an ultimate universe ending to number 4 I would seriously applaud them!

I'd love to see pete die and bring miles in. Have Ock try to resurect him because of his change of heart but accidentally transfer his mind to pete. So they can shoehorn superior in there and actually execute the idea better. Have a scarlet spider,venom and miles spin-off and you are golden. So you now have 4 spider franchises.

You beat me by a minute! I think 4 is shaping up to be great with allegedly the sinister six as the villians. If Sony is gusty and pulls an ultimate universe ending to number 4 I would seriously applaud them!

I'd love to see pete die and bring miles in. Have Ock try to resurect him because of his change of heart but accidentally transfer his mind to pete. So they can shoehorn superior in there and actually execute the idea better. Have a scarlet spider,venom and miles spin-off and you are golden. So you now have 4 spider franchises.

But in all seriousness, Andrew can't be spidey forever and the original reception of ASM showed audiences aren't keen with reboots coming quickly {5 years}. So if Sony can make spidey pass the torch they can keep the universe that Marc Webb is talking about and maybe if Disney and Sony can actually reach an agreement; add shield as they were a big part of his origins.

But in all seriousness, Andrew can't be spidey forever and the original reception of ASM showed audiences aren't keen with reboots coming quickly {5 years}. So if Sony can make spidey pass the torch they can keep the universe that Marc Webb is talking about and maybe if Disney and Sony can actually reach an agreement; add shield as they were a big part of his origins.

That'd be swell! Reboots should happen once every once in a while but if they go the miles/kaine/superior/venom route then i forsee a reboot around 2030.