UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Amazing Spider-Man 1/2 Discussion

it really does, very pleased. I did like the last one, sure it had problems (mainly the eyes for me) but it served its purpose as a more quick, home assembled costume. I think they also wanted something different to distance it from the Raimi films? (perhaps going a little far).

Not 100% on the logo still, but its essentially perfect, and its all in the eyes for me... love 'em.

You're one of the few, along with me, that liked the costume from ASM. I thought it was a decent change and even though I didn't like it in first photos etc, the more I saw of it, the more I liked it.

It's funny, they seemingly went out of their way to distance themselves from the Raimi movies, yet this is pretty much the same costume but with different eyes. Maybe they feel that the slate has been cleaned, and that people will now associate the costume with this new movie.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont know about this. Its cool that its more comic styled, but something about the pic screams not real. I cant find the web page but there is a guy that makes spidey ostumes withe raised webbing an alot of diffrent eye styles for cons and cosplay. Its just that main spider style looks alot like what Ive seen before

If that's the real deal, I'm happier.

Bad enough I'm not getting to see someone humilate themselves wearing the starfish-face mask for Electro after sitting through a Sleestak looking Lizard. (liked the movie fine, but geez, he looked like a Sleestack to me!! and once that similarity was seen, it could not be unseen) SOMETHING in the movie ought to be close to on model!

If that's the real deal, I'm happier.

Bad enough I'm not getting to see someone humilate themselves wearing the starfish-face mask for Electro after sitting through a Sleestak looking Lizard. (liked the movie fine, but geez, he looked like a Sleestack to me!! and once that similarity was seen, it could not be unseen) SOMETHING in the movie ought to be close to on model!

It would be great if Electro starts out as some sort of circus act, wearing the original Green and Yellow. Maybe he goes nuts because his boss makes him wear the costume, kills him and begins his crime spree in more muted attire.

I really like the old costume and this takes my favorite element from that and puts it in here which is almost as perfect as can be. The thing I loved about the old costume was the long legs on the old spider symbol; I don't know why it just stuck out and I thought it looked pretty neat, if you want to see how it looks like on the new costumes; the pic is a little blurry but here:

http://www.newscom.com/nc/displayOpenDetail.action?searchString=pacificphotos879970&search1String=amazing%20spiderman&search2String=a&dispOutput=&eaCurrentPageNum=1&bylinesearch=&locationsearch=&sourcesearch=&actionsearch=&postersearch=&attrsearch=&capwrisearch=&categorysearch=&scatssearch=&scodesearch=&specialsearch=&subjectsearch=&feature=pacificphotos&vg=false&searchPhoto=Y&searchVideo=Y&searchText=N&searchGraphics=Y&sort=d&searchSet=no&searchSetName=&searchHZ=N&searchVT=N&daterng=&searchtype=newsearch

And for the back symbol {Picture is less blurry} http://www.newscom.com/nc/displayOpenDetail.action?searchString=pacificphotos879968&search1String=amazing%20spiderman&search2String=a&dispOutput=&eaCurrentPageNum=1&bylinesearch=&locationsearch=&sourcesearch=&actionsearch=&postersearch=&attrsearch=&capwrisearch=&categorysearch=&scatssearch=&scodesearch=&specialsearch=&subjectsearch=&feature=pacificphotos&vg=false&sort=d&searchPhoto=Y&searchVideo=Y&searchText=N&searchGraphics=Y&searchkey=[]&searchtype=newsearch&searchSet=no&searchSetName=&searchHZ=N&searchVT=N&daterng=

Last but not least here is Sony's official synopsis:

For Peter Parker, life is busy. Between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen Stacy, high school graduation can’t come quickly enough. Peter hasn’t forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen’s father to protect her by staying away, but that’s a promise he just can’t keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro, emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn, returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past.

Jamie Foxx described Electro as someone who works for Oscorp and is a nobody there. Spider-Man actually puts him under his wing and after the accident he {Electro} goes out on his own. So sadly no Circus Clown act XD

Holy edits Batman! Final edit on this post I swear; I changed the title of the thread so it wouldn't be specific to only the 2012 movie.

Edited by darkredshdow

• 1 month later...

Some potential Spoilers for ASM2

--"
Electro

(Jamie Foxx). We're told he will not be wearing anything close to his

classic green and yellow outfit, and to 'think Ultimate version.' The

character's civilian alter ego Max Dillon will be an Oscorp employee

--"That pic Webb

tweeted with the morgue number? Nothing at all to do with Venom (no

Eddie Brock appearance either) it's actually where Dillon is taken after

his 'accident.'

--"We're told there will be no
Green Goblin
in this

but LOTS of teasers and foreshadowing for the next movie - apparently

Norman Osborn (Chris Cooper) hasn't been cured yet and is still dying."

--"Now for the big spoiler: Just as most of us suspected,
Gwen Stacy
(Emma Stone) will indeed check out in this

but perhaps more surprising is that it's been hinted - note we don't

know this for certain - that this won't even happen at the end, and

Stone's role may not be very large at all. Like I said, that's

speculation based on how the info was put across, but I personally

wouldn't be surprised in Gwen buys it around the beginning of the third

act, giving Spidey a reason to go off the deep end and seek revenge."

• 3 weeks later...

while Im still looking forward to this film, and I actually like their idea for Electro's look. I think not having ANYTHING resembling the green/yellow costume is a huge mistake. I was really hoping for a short while he'd wear a containment suit like the one he did in Spectacular Spiderman

• 4 weeks later...

I gotta say--I am LOVING this look. More comic accurate = great success. I hope this movie makes a billion dollars, and the execs read that as confirmation that we want to see Wolvie in his comic costume next time he's on the screen. Because, of course, we do.

loving it too. Actually I'd have to do a side by side comparision but it really looks just like the Raimi costume but with darker webbing.

Eyes are larger than Raimi's, and the webbing seems darker as you say (and would probably know better than most, considering your username). If he had smaller eyes and darker webbing I think it would be the best of both worlds, but alas.

I never did see the first movie due to my distaste for the motocross/basketball costume, and the fact it was a dark toned movie, but I might have to give this a shot. I wonder how they will address the reason for the costume change? or if they will at all?

I never did see the first movie due to my distaste for the motocross/basketball costume, and the fact it was a dark toned movie, but I might have to give this a shot. I wonder how they will address the reason for the costume change? or if they will at all?

One of my pet peeves in this genre is a character suddenly showing up in his disguise with absolutely no explanation of how or what it means. Donner never gave any significance to Superman's outfit. Burton never explained why Wayne decided to dress as a bat. I'm happy both of those costumes finally got some backstory.

While I wasn't very keen on the costume design from The Amazing Spider-Man, I thought they did a very good job of showing how Peter designed and created the suit, certainly better than Raimi did. (Peter did some sketches, donned a spray-painted hoodie, and after Uncle Ben dies suddenly has a Hollywood-level costume. WTF?)

Given the amount of abuse the costume took in the last movie, a new costume is required. If they address the change in design, I don't think they'd need to spend much time on it.

*May be spoiler*

A stunt double posted a picture in the original costume during filming for this one, so it should be safe to assume the suit gets destroyed early in the film so he decides to create this one.

im thinking its due to a few things

1. the first suit gets destroyed completely (since it was thrashed up in the last film but I guess hes fixed it), prompting a new suit

2. He wants to look more like a hero, less like a criminal

3. possibly could be using more at home materials/ having Gwen or MJ help make it meaning less high tech design

I personally loved the first movies costume, other than the feet. The texturing was awesome